• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

9 Noble Challenges

Posted Image

The Aesir have inspired this challenge and any who believe themselves to be worthy may join.

The 9 Noble Challenges event is based on the 9 Noble Virtues of modern Odinism, which will be applied to MechWarrior Online. Much like living strictly according the the 9 Noble Virtues in real life is very difficult, the 9 Noble Challenges will be difficult as well.

The Basics

(As with the What Mech Challenge, you will never use any real world money to buy anything for or within this account)

So you believe that you are worthy?... Let us begin.

You will do the following exactly as instructed and then you will proceed no further until further instructions are presented:

1) Create a new MWO account (create a Gmail / Yahoo or other free email account if necessary).

2) In MWO, complete the Academy Basic Training; be sure to repeat Pilot Challenge 1 until you get gold (to receive the maximum C-Bill reward and the achievement).

3) After you have completed the Academy Basic Training, re-enter the Academy by selecting the 'Explore Academy' option. Once in the Academy, find Captain Adams and shoot him until he shoots back and kills you, you will earn the 'I Shot the Captain' and 'Killed by Captain Adams" achievements along with the associated C-Bill rewards.

4) Purchase one BattleMech from the Store using only the C-bills that you have earned by completing the previous three steps, you may choose any Mech that you can afford (Clan or IS)

5) Using only the Mech that you have purchased, play through your 25 Cadet games without modifying or upgrading your mech in any way and without spending any Skill Points.

6) Now that you have completed the 25 Cadet games, you must log into the MWO forums and reply to this OP posting your Pilot Name, the Mech that you have chosen, why you believe that this Mech is right for you and why you believe that you and your Mech are worthy to participate in the 9 Noble Challenges.

Congratulations!

You have made it this far, proving that you a capable and honorable warrior who is ready to undertake the 9 Noble Challenges. If you are able to complete all nine challenges, you will
have earned the right to fight other warriors in Valhalla.

Challenge 1 - Courage:

"I face my fear and defend my family and kindred from all dangers."

In MWO, your unit is your 'family' and your unit mates, your 'kindred', so you will now be invited into the (WMC) unit and given the rank of 'Noble Aspirant'. As a 'Noble Aspirant', you are bound by the rules and regulations of the 9 Noble Challenges and not the What Mech Challenge even though you are now part of the 'What Mech Challengers' unit.

As a 'Noble Aspirant' your chosen BattleMech must still remain stock and unmodified (except for cosmetics) and you still must not add any SP, or unlock any skills in the Skill Tree.

While grouped with at least one other member of the (WMC) unit, you must win 20 Quick Play matches with all members of your group surviving each match; play as many matches as it takes. Proof of qualifying matches can include posting screenshots of the end-of-match data from each match in replies to this OP, or your partner (or one of your partners, if more than one) can vouch for your achievement in a reply to this OP.

If it is ever discovered that your proof was falsified, you will be disqualified from the 9 Noble Challenges and removed from the (WMC) unit.

Challenge 2 - Discipline:

"I do what is necessary and right of my own accord without bribe or threat."

You will play 100 matches (solo or grouped) with your chosen BattleMech and your BattleMech must remain completely stock, completely unmodified (except for cosmetics) and completely unskilled (no skills unlocked).

To provide proof of completion for this challenge, you must post a screenshot of your stats showing the amount of games played in your Chosen BattleMech before you start your 100 games and then you must post a screenshot after you have completed your 100 games which shows that you have played exactly 100 games since you posted the first screenshot. Post your screenshots in replies to this OP.

Challenge 3 - Fidelity [Under construction, await further instructions.]

* If you would like to support PGI because they make it possible for us to create accounts and play completely for free, then please buy stuff on your main account.

Edited by Ed Steele, 03 June 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Amaranth Adder

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

[RP on]

Hail and well met!

I, Amaranth Adder, pilot my Adder Prime for many reasons.

The power of lightning at my fingertips recalls the legends of most ancient Terra and the very power of Kerensky's own Orion.

The challenge of weaving around the battlefield seeking a worthy foe to engage demands my utmost attention to the task at hand, lest I court disaster in a moment of slackness.

The purr of its Great Father XL210 engine sets the downbeat for the dance of combat that threatens to commence at any moment.

Opponents beware that you not stray too close. Its humble flamer may prove the undoing of those who ride the edge of their mech's heat capacity by holding them paralyzed under the siren's song of the overheat warning.

The Adder demands the utmost of its pilot, because one will not win by means of pure speed, ECM, or scores of tons of armor.

Stay low. Do not let hubris or heedlessness undo you before you would engage your enemy at best advantage. Move with the cruel purpose of a killer. Select opponents courageously and engage intelligently. The Way of the Adder.

I and my mech are worthy because we would rise to meet the noble challenges of combat as one, to confront our foe and emerge victorious--or die honorably in the effort.

[/RP off]

I thought it would be cool to run a Puma on Amaranth Panther's account, but it was never quite the right fit. This seems like a neat opportunity to do it :)

#3 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostAmaranth Adder, on 24 May 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

[RP on]

Hail and well met!

I, Amaranth Adder, pilot my Adder Prime for many reasons.

The power of lightning at my fingertips recalls the legends of most ancient Terra and the very power of Kerensky's own Orion.

The challenge of weaving around the battlefield seeking a worthy foe to engage demands my utmost attention to the task at hand, lest I court disaster in a moment of slackness.

The purr of its Great Father XL210 engine sets the downbeat for the dance of combat that threatens to commence at any moment.

Opponents beware that you not stray too close. Its humble flamer may prove the undoing of those who ride the edge of their mech's heat capacity by holding them paralyzed under the siren's song of the overheat warning.

The Adder demands the utmost of its pilot, because one will not win by means of pure speed, ECM, or scores of tons of armor.

Stay low. Do not let hubris or heedlessness undo you before you would engage your enemy at best advantage. Move with the cruel purpose of a killer. Select opponents courageously and engage intelligently. The Way of the Adder.

I and my mech are worthy because we would rise to meet the noble challenges of combat as one, to confront our foe and emerge victorious--or die honorably in the effort.

[/RP off]

I thought it would be cool to run a Puma on Amaranth Panther's account, but it was never quite the right fit. This seems like a neat opportunity to do it Posted Image

Well met! I am sure the Aesir would be pleased and deem you worthy of participating in the 9 Noble Challenges to determine if you have what it takes to battle eternally in Valhalla. For now you may take a much needed rest and await the details of Challenge 1.

Skål!

#4 Amaranth Adder

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

Regarding Challenge 1, Courage:

When you say "drop with another member of (WM) unit," does that mean that 9NC accounts like Ed Steele 9N can drop with a veteran What MECH Challenge accounts, such as ih8victors, Amaranth Panther, Darker Tidings, et al, and have the drops count (so long as we both survive)?

Follow-up: If 4 (or 6, or 8, or ...) challengers drop, and 2 survive, is it invalidated for the whole group, or will it at least count for the two who survive?

I want to make sure our coordinators know what's up Posted Image

Edit: formatting

Edited by Amaranth Adder, 27 May 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#5 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostAmaranth Adder, on 27 May 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Regarding Challenge 1, Courage:

When you say "drop with another member of (WM) unit," does that mean that 9NC accounts like Ed Steele 9N can drop with a veteran What MECH Challenge accounts, such as ih8victors, Amaranth Panther, Darker Tidings, et al, and have the drops count (so long as we both survive?

Follow-up: If 4 (or 6, or 8, or ...) challengers drop, and 2 survive, is it invalidated for the whole group, or will it at least count for the two who survive?

I want to make sure our coordinators know what's up Posted Image

Yes, you can drop with any member of WMC, however you and whichever members you drop with must all survive the match Posted Image Therefore, it would be an advantage to be in a smaller group.

**Updated the OP**

Edited by Ed Steele, 27 May 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#6 Ed Steele 9N

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

[RP On!]

Hail!

I am Ed Steele 9N and I come to this challenge with my Marauder MAD-3R BattleMech.

My Marauder is a worthy mech because it has weapons for every situation; PPCs for long range sniping, a high-mounted A/C 5 for peeking over cover and taking a shot and medium lasers for those that get too close. This Mech is challenging though, because the A/C 5 is easily destroyed and the ammo is placed in a way that guarantees that one good shot will take out the A/C 5 or the ammo, rendering the weapon useless either way. Torso twisting to evenly spread damage is a must with this Mech as much as keeping the enemy at range to use the Marauders arsenal to full effect.

I am worthy to enter this challenge, because I have not given up and I am determined to see this through to the end.

#7 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Due to lack of interest, I have decided to put continued development of this challenge on hold indefinitely. If anyone wants to complete the challenge so far, they are welcome to and any progress that was made will be counted towards the eventual completion of the challenge.

#8 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:30 PM

I may reinvent this challenge, since Solaris is truly digital Valhalla!

#9 Rowe Farmon

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUP of Mich USA

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Hail and well met.

My name is Rowe Farmon, I pilot a GrassHopper 5P. This is my story...

The GHR-5P is a worthy mech able to take to the high ground on jets of plasma. Once there the GHR-5P is able to rain lighting down on the enemies mechs with great abandon while 17 LosTech Double Heat Sinks handle the heat build up with ease. On the flats the tall GHR-5P is able to reach speeds of 64kph thanks to the Standard General Motors 280 engine, which, along withe 13.5 tons of std armor, allows the GHR-5P to absorb large amounts of damage. 2 medium lazors and 2 medium pulse lazors round the armament of this great mech. Without my mech I am nothing, with out me my mech is nothing....

Rowe Farmon

AKA Loopala (Main Account), Poopala (my trials only account), Ih8tevictors (WMC)

may your match score score be greater than your ping....

#10 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostRowe Farmon, on 25 April 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

Hail and well met.

My name is Rowe Farmon, I pilot a GrassHopper 5P. This is my story...

The GHR-5P is a worthy mech able to take to the high ground on jets of plasma. Once there the GHR-5P is able to rain lighting down on the enemies mechs with great abandon while 17 LosTech Double Heat Sinks handle the heat build up with ease. On the flats the tall GHR-5P is able to reach speeds of 64kph thanks to the Standard General Motors 280 engine, which, along withe 13.5 tons of std armor, allows the GHR-5P to absorb large amounts of damage. 2 medium lazors and 2 medium pulse lazors round the armament of this great mech. Without my mech I am nothing, with out me my mech is nothing....

Rowe Farmon

AKA Loopala (Main Account), Poopala (my trials only account), Ih8tevictors (WMC)

may your match score score be greater than your ping....

Well met! The Aesir would be pleased by your willingness to partake in the 9 Noble Challenges, even though the challenge is incomplete (and may be reworked for Solaris).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users