#1 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

Fellow 'warriors,

I'm done. My response to the new regime of MWO is, "Thank you, no.."

It was a good run. Honestly. I had a great time, over the last few years. But, I'm done. At least for now.

I am not only unsatisfied with the new interface and processes, I am DIS-satisfied. It just wasn't complicated/complex enough?? We already had XP, GXP, MC, and C-Bills to monitor, but now they (PGI) want to add more crap to track? The new methods of being able to modify and progress is (in my honest opinion) bull5h!t. I've, honestly, had enough. This is the last straw.

Unless and until PGI want to make a game that is as satisfying as MWO originally was without giving us a cr@p-ton of ways to make the game not even worth the effort, I am stepping away.

For those of you who don't have a problem with the latest changes, I say "more power to you." I sincerely wish you happy hunting and frags galore.

For those of you who, like me, think this is BS.. I am investigating other games to play via Steam, and invite you to look for me, using the same call sign, on other games. Ideally FPS.

In the meantime, I've uninstalled MWO from Steam. You will not see my call sign in MWO, in the near future. Unless someone else is being a punk-a55 b|t<h and tries to mimic my call sign. In which case, F&%K HIM/HER. Posted Image

V/r,

Jonathan Hoag

Edited by Jonathan Hoag, 20 May 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#2 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

I, for one, totally loved logging in to find every single mech basically zeroed out. Like, it was exactly what I was hoping for. I couldn't wait to get home and spend my evening in the MechLab again FOR EVERY ******* MECH. I almost climaxed at the thought.

#3 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

I, for one, totally loved logging in to find every single mech basically zeroed out. Like, it was exactly what I was hoping for. I couldn't wait to get home and spend my evening in the MechLab again FOR EVERY ******* MECH. I almost climaxed at the thought. It was almost orgasmic to find that every mech for which I dumped cash was, well, reset for skill tree maybes. I almost forgot myself when I saw the ads begging me for more money for NEW MECHS upon logging in. In my ecstasy, I almost fell for it, too.

Nope.

#4 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, PGI could have implemented the change better. I would have liked to see three things upon release...

1. A tutorial for the newer folks, so they could get the feel for the tree and a heads up on what changes happened.
2. All Mechs with some default skill points pre-selected to mirror what was essentially on the Mech previously.
3. A save skill tree build template, so that a workable build could be auto-applied to newer Mechs.

I've just taken the approach of not skilling up more than three Mechs at one sitting. It's not as though I have to re-skill each and every Mech I own, and THEN start playing. Baby steps to ease the burden.

You're not the first to leave in frustration. We've seen posts from players that took one look at 0/91 on their Mechs and left, thinking they got shafted for all their progress. [Personally, I think that is rather reactionary and silly, to not even look at the Mech and try to figure the skill changes out, but to each their own.]

#5 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

Juggling the various currencies and skill-ing out mechs is a daunting task when you have almost 80 of them.

I feel tested but not broken. I like the idea of the new tree.

#6 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

I did test the skill tree to get as close as possible to what I had, I did manage to find a way to be very close but doing that for all my Mechs, Hell no. I don't have as many as other players and in no way I will invest time for that.

With the new tech coming the is big chances that many will have to respec again to match with their new setup.
I do understand that PGI had to find a way to create a EXP and cash sink for the game but that horrific Skill Tree was never the way to go.

Once the new tech come out I will check it out and then I will make a final decision if I leave.

#7 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

There's a lot of quit in this thread. And I've quit a lot of things. You could even say I'm a quitter for most things. This doesn't seems so bad or complex to me. Hell I see it as an opportunity to try different things with my mechs.

#8 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

I agree with you, the tree should be more comfortable, e.g. being able to create templates for trees which saves you a lot of clicking.

I disagree with you, however, with the rest. It is great that all mechs can be tailored now to your own needs and that you can test a lot of new builds. The modules and the quirks pretty much put each and every mech in one spot. The tree changes that

#9 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Can I have your stuff ?

IBTL.

#10 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 20 May 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Can I have your stuff ?

IBTL.

**** you. You can have that.

#11 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

View PostScythe Kagato, on 20 May 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

**** you. You can have that.

Yes, Yeeeeessss. Bring even more salt.

My earlier comment applies to you too.

#12 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

Wow, another I'm quitting thread. Please, keep us informed.

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:31 AM

PGI shakes there fist as they go out the door
your violating the code of conduct lol

Posted Image

#14 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 20 May 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

There's a lot of quit in this thread. And I've quit a lot of things. You could even say I'm a quitter for most things. This doesn't seems so bad or complex to me. Hell I see it as an opportunity to try different things with my mechs.

Its not about complexity, MWO is a twitch shooter and we didn't need any Mech skills to begin with, even less a skill tree. You see opportunities, me I see we start with less than what we had and to get close to what we had for a price that was already invested, on top of that it cost to experiment to finally get to the point where the Mechs are responsive enough.

I would like to add that in those 91 skill points there is losses as it gated with nods that are unwanted or just plain useless. The previous system was better, every player had same bonuses and only real down side was that you had to buy 3 different variants of the same Mech to master one. Modules were great, unlock, pay for exactly what you want and before you ask, I was not swapping modules around.

PGI is using this game as a cash cow and experiment at same time, milking the BT fans. I'm sure they are happy of the addiction of many and the fact that the community is divided, this way it ensure them at least a minimum of revenue.

After the new tech comes out, I might leave for good. The attitude of the CEO will also be part of my decision.

#15 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

pick a mech you want to battle with, takes 4 minutes or so to allocate skillpoints, go battle.
if you do it all at once you are crazy as hell. or dumb.
skill tree is nice, min maxing aint a thing anymore, mechs are more tanky, mobile and info gathering works fine now too.

i initially hated it too but if you are doing mechs one by one, those you really play at first only, it works out well.

but what to expect from the current gaming community other than beeing impatient keyboardsmashers.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostAlienized, on 21 May 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

pick a mech you want to battle with, takes 4 minutes or so to allocate skillpoints, go battle.
if you do it all at once you are crazy as hell. or dumb.
skill tree is nice, min maxing aint a thing anymore, mechs are more tanky, mobile and info gathering works fine now too.

i initially hated it too but if you are doing mechs one by one, those you really play at first only, it works out well.

but what to expect from the current gaming community other than beeing impatient keyboardsmashers.

Yep. There are a lot of tiny details in the tree where a node can be picked up and moved and other such things. Constantly finding new ways to move nodes around.

I suppose after a month it will be second nature but still learning quite a bit.

#17 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 May 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Yep. There are a lot of tiny details in the tree where a node can be picked up and moved and other such things. Constantly finding new ways to move nodes around.

I suppose after a month it will be second nature but still learning quite a bit.

its a new thing just got implemented, nothings gonna be 100% now but with some tweaks this game will be better than ever.
its kinda pathetic how many ppl give up so easily just because they cant min/max as they used to now.
i have such versatility on the field in the past hours, its amazing! how a bloody mechwarrior game should be!
and then you got all the CoD or WoW spoiled who give up like instantly? wtf guys get your stuff together!

#18 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

Alienized, I did a few Mechs ( not all at once ) I even have my cookie cutter skill tree ( all the same for every Mech I have ) still boring, still feels less than what I had, still got skills I don't want or need. I could go for all different skill setups Mech by Mech but that is the EXP and Cash sink PGI is looking for, cost more in XP and CBills.

Modules, I could buy them at same time as the Mech to help me to Master it, now lets say it may be rough without that flexibility. I really think the current Skill Tree is even less welcoming the possible new players, if any.

#19 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:06 AM

RIP There will never be a 23rd post.

#20 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 21 May 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

MWO is a twitch shooter

See a lot of people disagree about this and think MWO is a thinking man's shooter and the less it's like a twitch one the better it gets - which means the skill tree and engine desync are a strong step in the right direction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users