Person Who Blocked Off Mountain Quit Pandering To Brawlers Only Build

2 replies to this topic

#1 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

Getting sick and tired of people getting their way about brawl only map now thanks to the new patch on Crimson straight main mountain top it's even more so that way. Light mechs even with jump jets now have time even trying get up there. That is not the way it should be. Light mech job is to scout and harrass the enemy when they see chance. You have removed part of the scouting ability now kudos on that. What's next removing other maps from rotation so only Mining colony and HPG show up?

Maybe instead of listening to guys who play KDK 3 and BLG etc should look at the whole player base and do an in game poll that counts actual players who in favor such change.

I am betting had you done an in game poll at log into the game should main Crimson Straight mountain be off limits you would got a resounding NO.

You don't want people scouting or long range lights then just remove all the lights from the game. FYI all those brawler builds with only range 500 or less maybe they should take a few ranged weapons?

Supposed to be a thinking's man shooter to quote you. Not pander to brawler only builds. They have their place, but should not be pandered to. How is making a mountain top in accessible to any mech fair or encouraging 3D fighting thinking?

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

... Because brawling is such a problematically over-represented build type, not like long-range snipers. Are you seriously making a whine post about their blocking off a sniper spot that commands most of the map with no way for most 'mechs to reach it?
Posted Image

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:49 AM

Oh I'm totaly with you....even if whatching how hard some ER Laser mech scrabbles to get up there is quite funny now (shortly before he's lurmed to death or gets gaussed of the hill) ... I did find it always pretty usefull to know the enemy team would have at least one mech standing uselessly on that hill trying to fire down the rockface beeing good for nothing and waiting till some one would come into their field of view.Posted Image

/irony of: I won't miss having some light or med LRM, Laser or PPC sniper on my team wasting away on that hill when the fight takes place below the parking deck, in tunnel or between the buildings.
There realy are no stationary snipers in MWO nor should there be any.
Long range fire support on choke points and hard to get spots can be quite usefull but mechs trying half the game to get to the top of some hill only to find that the match is nearly over or the action has gone where they can't see anyway and then getting shot down due to a lack of movement is just a waste of tonnage for the concerned team.

Edited by The Basilisk, 21 May 2017 - 12:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users