Sale Mechs

8 replies to this topic

#1 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

I've been gone from the game for a time and come back to find the Kodiak-3 on sale. Is it still a good mech? I have Battlemasters and MAD-IICs as my other assault mechs.

I have a Hellbringer F(L). Do I need a Hellbringer Prime?

Are there any other mechs on sale that are good? High mounts and jump jets are preferrable.

#2 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

I almost thought you were trolling for a second. The Kodiak3 broke the meta and no matter what they do to it, it is still king. As for the hellbringers, you only need one for mastery now. You can just buy the omnipods you want. The mechs that are on sale are the ones that were the most driven during Tuk3, so they are all good.

#3 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

Not trolling, just play other games where the heroes and classes tend to cycle up and down in relative power.

Thanks for the info! I'll pick one up!

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

View Post762 NATO, on 22 May 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

As for the hellbringers, you only need one for mastery now. You can just buy the omnipods you want.

Does that include the F pods?
Not a new player but I tried asking here and got nothing.

#5 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

Hunchback IIC-A sounds like right up your alley. Jump jets and high energy mounts. It is one of my favourite mechs despite the nerfs.

Having two hellbringers can be quite good for FP. The ECM is useful given the numbers of LRMs you can encounter on maps like boreal. If you enjoy them you may as well buy a second. Unfortunately they just aren't that good and I much prefer my ebon jags over them despite the lack of ECM

KDK-3 is always a solid choice and given the price it makes sense to buy it on sale.

Shadowcat is a great 45t mech. It can't pack much in the way of heat sinks when you've filled it with weapons but it certainly has a place in the game, particularly as it brings ECM to the table.

Shadowhawk 2D2 is a good brawler. SRMs and AC10 is a potent combination. High mounts and jump jets. Hunchback SP and Griffin 2N are both great brawlers, the griffin can also bring ECM but the hunchback isn't to be sniffed at.

#6 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

Something that might interest you is that the Kodiak comes with a 400 xl engine, and you can put it in your MAD-2c if you want. Thats one of the reasons I'm going to pick one up, figure even if its really bad now I'll have that engine for when I get a MAD.

There are a few Timberwolves on sale, too, and I really like mine.

View PostInveramsay, on 22 May 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

Hunchback IIC-A sounds like right up your alley. Jump jets and high energy mounts. It is one of my favourite mechs despite the nerfs.

Having two hellbringers can be quite good for FP. The ECM is useful given the numbers of LRMs you can encounter on maps like boreal. If you enjoy them you may as well buy a second. Unfortunately they just aren't that good and I much prefer my ebon jags over them despite the lack of ECM

KDK-3 is always a solid choice and given the price it makes sense to buy it on sale.

Shadowcat is a great 45t mech. It can't pack much in the way of heat sinks when you've filled it with weapons but it certainly has a place in the game, particularly as it brings ECM to the table.

Shadowhawk 2D2 is a good brawler. SRMs and AC10 is a potent combination. High mounts and jump jets. Hunchback SP and Griffin 2N are both great brawlers, the griffin can also bring ECM but the hunchback isn't to be sniffed at.

Do you think the Shadowcat has anything to make it appealing over a hunchback 2c? I'm thinking about getting a second Hunchback variant, but was wondering if I should get something like the Shadowcat instead for variety or such.

#7 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostInveramsay, on 22 May 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

I already have a Hunchie-IIC-A. Don't really play faction play, so not sure I want another HBR for it. Same applies to a second EBJ. Have a Shadowcat-Prime and Griffin 2N.

The Shadowhawk looks interesting. Might get a Hunchback SP.

How is the Centurion-9AH? Different enough from the free Centurion-9 A(NCIX)?

#8 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostKeltan, on 22 May 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

How is the Centurion-9AH? Different enough from the free Centurion-9 A(NCIX)?

VERY different.

CN9-AH is the only Centurion (besides Yenlo) to carry an AC20
Downside is that you get no energy weapons at all
(3B 3M) Hardpoints

CN9-A cannot mount an AC20, but gets 2 energy hardpoints in the CT
(1B 3M 2E) Hardpoints

Edit:
On paper, not that different, but in practice, very different
The AH usually carries a much smaller engine for one
(Due to ammo and weapon-weight issues)

Edited by Wence the Wanderer, 22 May 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#9 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:06 AM

Okay, went a little crazy and bought too many mechs. That's what happens when you have empty mech bays.

Added KDK-3, CN9-AH, SHD-2D2, HBK-4SP, MAL-MX90

Less than 2M Cbills left. Yes, lot of grinding my ACH-P(S) and Top Dog to make the cbills to kit these guys out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users