- - - - -

Will New Skill Tree Bring Different Selling Method?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

Wondering if with the changes in the skill tree will we see mechs for sale as individual mechs or still the 3 packs all the time? I wasn't sure if I had missed the info on this or if anyone had any insight.
I have been wanting to add several mechs to my collection but at $20 a pop for a three pack id love to be able to pick and choose for $10 each.
Thanks.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

As far as I know they will stay as the 3 pack with 2 reinforcements, the hero and the option for a duplicate "special varient" if you buy the collectors pack, which is a shame, I much prefered the tiered multi chassis packs.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

Well if you are playing clan omni mechs you can. (soon they are adding even more) This way you get a clan mech with a C-bill bonus, and often access to some unique omni pods.

At least for these, it is an easy way to get a nice mech, that can help you earn cash. Some are a little less than 10, some a bit more.

#4 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Probably not, but for different reasons.

I tend not to consider the mech 'pack' model being a result of the previous mastery system. That you got 3 chassis made it simpler to do mastery, yes. But I feel that is a side-perk.

What will become more apparent under the current system is that your three variants are (usually) different and are (or can be) intended for different roles. This is fully complemented by the stated design goal of the current skill system being applied to individual mechs.

Moreover, the alternative poses a serious caveat emptor risk that buyers cannot truly research beforehand - whether the one mech they are buying (instead of three variants) will synch with their playstyles.

It is much more common for people to like Variant X and Y but not Z, etc. There's much less "hit or miss" when you do multiple loadouts and the like.

Additionally, when selling a single chassis, pairing that single variant with the identical variant but having a c-bill bonus for a higher price is going to piss off a LOT of people. If you make the two additional variants an add on, and then gate the next two variants behind them.... that is going to be a record new level of "wallet closed" posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users