Event Is Mechs

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

Ok, so there is a sale and skill tree money refund.. so i gotta ask about some of these.

Warhammer, grasshopper, battlemaster.

Battlemaster, it is an 85 ton mech with a larger profile than the stalker, I just wonder why it has taken over the spot for 85 tons. Ok i see the 1G has a PPC quick, but the other? Just curious why people are going for this as the goto now. The size difference is pretty large, and often people go with the smaller than larger.

Grasshopper, This mech is very very tall, I guess it is kinda lanky, maybe that makes it harder to hit on ST/CT? One does have a higher cluster on lasers, but is that basically the reason? Or is it more of tonnage thing in drop decks? Kinda seams a bit like the BK, but the BK is kinda frowned on these days it's also 5 tons less, so maybe a bit more room?.

Warhammer. PPC quicks, (i am noticing a PPC trend) anything else? i guess its 70ts so could fit a bit more than a thunderbolt?

I These mechs are popular for sure, but just looking at hard points and such it kinda seams like i can do the same on other mechs. AKA thunder bolt, stalker, BK.. ect. So anyone got the skinny about why these are the popular ones these days?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

the Battlemaster is relitavely XL safe so it can go faster than the Stalker and carry more weapons, an XL engine on a Stalker is suicide, also the BLR has its energy hardpoints realy high, next to the cockpit.

Grasshopper spreads damage well making it tanky, again it has some high hardpoints and it can jump.

the Warhammer is in my opinion the best Mech in the game right now, it has a great combination of speed, agility and hardpoints, as well as being XL safe which make for a great Mech, the only real competitor for best Mech, in my opinion, is the Inner Sphere Marauder which is tankier than the Warhammer, but the MAD realy benefits from a standard engine which, combined with the requirement for a bigger engine for the same speed mean the lighter Warhammer will usualy have a lot more tonage for weapons.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

To further Rogue's point, not only are the torso energy mounts on the Battlemaster quite high, but they're also closely packed together which makes for pretty great convergence (bearing in mind that I've been away from home since patch day so I haven't played the 'new' game yet)

#4 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

As above... BLR and WHM are both decently high torso mounted humanoids (energy and ballistics respectively).

The GHR was also a LL boat with decent JJ iirc.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

I kinda figured, but thanks for the confirmation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users