9 replies to this topic

#1 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Before the release of the skill tree, all 'copies' (individual chassis) of a single mech variant were linked together -- any skills unlocked or XP gained on one copy of a variant would be unlocked/gained on all copies of that variant you owned.

If you decided you no longer needed a chassis, you sold it. If you later changed your mind, when you re-bought the chassis, any unlocked skills and leftover XP would be available on your re-bought mech -- even if you had only ever owned one 'copy' of that chassis.

Post-skill tree, if I understand it correctly, Mech XP is collected 'per-copy'. So if I buy a second Timberwolf Prime (for example), it will arrive in my mechbay unskilled, and I will need to earn XP (or use one of the other legacy mechanisms) to unlock skill nodes etc.

--

What happens to collected XP/unlocked nodes on mechs that I sell?
Do they go into a pool for that variant (akin to HSP/HXP from the transition process) that I could use to unlock skills on a new copy of that variant should I decide to re-buy it later? Or is the earned XP/SP lost when the mech is sold?

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

The easiest/cheapest way to find out would be to purchase the cheapest 'Mech available (the Locust LCT-1V for 1,388,242 cbills), play one match in it for the XP, buy one skill point for it, then sell it and re-buy it. The experiment would run you about 2 million, unfortunately.

Hope someone knows the answer already, because I'd love to know too before I go flushing cbills down the curiosity hole.

#3 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hm; that's certainly an option, although to be fair, I'd rather spend *no* money finding out!

#4 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

Im pretty sure they are lost if you sell a mech.

HSP and HXP are only used in transition from old system to new.

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

View PostAno, on 22 May 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

What happens to collected XP/unlocked nodes on mechs that I sell?

Oh, this one is an easy question. If you sell a mech that has XP on it, the XP disapears. If you rebuy the mech, you will start with a whole new copy with no experience or skill points on it at all.

The only exception is with current "Historical Skill Points/Experience". This was experience and unlocked skills that was reimbursed with the new system's implementation. Once it is used, it will be gone and never will be seen again. However, as long as it is stored, you can apply it on any qualifying mechs (the same variant/copy). This means that, if you sell all variants of a mech that has HXP/HSP, and then you repurchase one again later, it will still have HXP you can assign to it. However, as stated before, once that HXP/HSP is used, it's not coming back.

#6 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 May 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Oh, this one is an easy question. If you sell a mech that has XP on it, the XP disapears. If you rebuy the mech, you will start with a whole new copy with no experience or skill points on it at all.

The only exception is with current "Historical Skill Points/Experience". This was experience and unlocked skills that was reimbursed with the new system's implementation. Once it is used, it will be gone and never will be seen again. However, as long as it is stored, you can apply it on any qualifying mechs (the same variant/copy). This means that, if you sell all variants of a mech that has HXP/HSP, and then you repurchase one again later, it will still have HXP you can assign to it. However, as stated before, once that HXP/HSP is used, it's not coming back.

The question, as I understand it, is what happens to those who had already sold the mechs prior to the new system. IF they were to rebuy those mechs now... would they still get historic XP on those mechs?

After all it was once common practice to buy and sell mechs as mech bays allowed. I know a few friends who have several dozen mechs mastered but who only kept the ones they liked at the time. With the old system it was never a problem... repurchase at any time and the XP was there waiting.

Edited by Kaptain, 23 May 2017 - 12:02 AM.

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

Im pretty sure his question was about buying, levelling and selling a mech now.

Any mechs sold prior to new skill tree, have HXP and HSP when applicable.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

View PostKaptain, on 22 May 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

The question, as I understand it, is what happens to those who had already sold the mechs prior to the new system. IF they were to rebuy those mechs now... would they still get historic XP on those mechs?

Yes.
if you had XP or skills on a Mech regardless of weather or not you owned the Mech, when the skill tree went in the XP would have been converted to HXP, the skills would have been converted to HSP.

#9 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

Cannot say but presume the following:

Any SP/Nodes you add to the sold Mech is gone unless you buy one back.

Any XP, you could before selling convert to GXP for CB cost so that can be avoided, otherwise it too would be on the variant you buy back.

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostKaptain, on 22 May 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

After all it was once common practice to buy and sell mechs as mech bays allowed. I know a few friends who have several dozen mechs mastered but who only kept the ones they liked at the time. With the old system it was never a problem... repurchase at any time and the XP was there waiting.

Not to be rude or anything, but I had actually already answered that in my previous post.

View PostTesunie, on 22 May 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

I underlined the relevant sections.

So yes. If you owned a mech in the past, leveled it out, and then sold it. Then the new Skill Tree system hit, even though you don't own that mech, it should have HXP and HSPs on it to be used if you ever repurchased that particular chassis/variant again. But if you use up that HSP/HXP, it is gone and you'll never be able to see it. However, don't let that intimidate you, as it's there to be used. So if you have mechs with HXP/HSPs, use it.

View PostWildstreak, on 23 May 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Any XP, you could before selling convert to GXP for CB cost so that can be avoided, otherwise it too would be on the variant you buy back.

I presume you mean MCs? Or did they seriously change the conversion system when I wasn't looking?

Mech XP can be converted to GXP with MCs last I was aware, and then this GXP can be used on any mech (as I go into more depth a little later in this post). If it's now a C-Bill cost... That would be something new to me.

I also will mention here as well that GXP (currently) can only be used to unlock SPs or reactivate nodes on any mech. It has no other use, so if you wish to give a mech a bit of a head start in skills, you can always unlock some skills right away with GXP/GSPs. Might as well as it doesn't exactly have any other use at the moment. And GXP is something you earn as you play. I'd imagine by the time you are done leveling a single mech, you should have a reasonable pool of GXP gained to get a few skills on "the next mech". This is presuming that you progress mechs one at a time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users