Lurm Spam, Simple Solution....

38 replies to this topic

#1 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

The solution to all the LURM spam would be simple if PGI were actually trying to make a REAL BT game not some cheesy look alike knock off....

PASSIVE SENSORS....

WHY am I forced to run around with my sensors on active ping CONSTANTLY like an absolute MORON??? It should be a simple toggle switch in the cockpit of EVERY mech that was EVER made in BT so why is PGI blatantly ignoring it?

Radar dep IS NOT a substitute so pls don't bring it up...

All PGI wants to do is make more mechs for us to buy... I've had the sinking feeling for a while now that they're just trying to milk every mech pack they can before they sell this off to some other company w/o ever really giving us any meaningful game play. I've supported this game for a long time, bought many mech packs and such, but I haven't seen anything truly meaningful added in a long time with the exception of the skill tree and the jury is still out on weather the long term effects of that are good or bad.

It seems like if it doesn't directly make PGI money then very little resources are devoted to it. I don't know about the rest of you but I haven't been buying mech packs to support this game so they can just make more mech packs instead of making more game environment and functionality. The skill tree is mostly just a repackaging of what we had before with the exception of the survival and JJ trees.

There are many other things PGI is neglecting while they focus mainly on creating more mechs for us to buy. I'm pretty sure those of us buying packs have bought this game many times over and if PGI hasn't made enough money to make a good game yet then I fear they never will.

Please PGI, add a few simple common sense things that should have been a part of this game all along instead of focusing on milking us for more cash.

#2 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

Lets be honest here...the reason most of us fell in love with Mechwarrior was the weapon swapping. BT is nice, but its too niche. Hell maybe V will be a true BT game, but this is not the 2000's man, no customization just does not sell.

Now how to fix you're lurm spam? Git Gud, equip AMS and make the lurmers duck for cover, they cant lurm if theres a wall infront of them and weapons firing to the nearest opening.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

So... LRMs are a conspiracy to sell more mech packs... And the game would be better if every mech had ECM for free.

K.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

hey we wanted the skill tree so we need to just suck it up

#5 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 23 May 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

So... LRMs are a conspiracy to sell more mech packs... And the game would be better if every mech had ECM for free.

K.

Uhhh no that was just the 2nd part of my statement and in another paragraph all together.... Actually if you had some reading comprehension skills you'd understand that the part about mech packs was I'm tired of NOTHING NEW being added... skill tree is mostly just a repackaging of what we already had... so in effect NOT NEW...

Passive sensors IS NOT ECM and even stating something like that makes me question your understanding of the subject even further.... I simply mean having the option to TURN OFF the active ping like you're SUPPOSED to be able to do in a REAL MW game... I guess maybe you're too wet behind the ears to know what MW is supposed to be really like though.

Edited by DANKnuggz, 23 May 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Passive sensors have been requested by the community since before the game entered Alpha Testing.

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

are you sure PGI understands what passive sensors mean?

#8 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 23 May 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Now how to fix you're lurm spam? Git Gud, equip AMS and make the lurmers duck for cover, they cant lurm if theres a wall infront of them and weapons firing to the nearest opening.

Assume much?? So you're assuming that since I posted this I must be having trouble with the LRM spam... Well as most assumptions are, yours is completely WRONG... I know how to duck and cover, I run AMS and stay closer to ECM mechs when the spam is heavy. I rarely get killed by the LURMers, but the same cannot always be said of my teammates. Also AMS helps but doesn't save you against half a dozen lurm boats all locked on you because they're tracking a sensor ping you should be able to toggle on and off.

All I'm saying is LRM boats should have to work for their dmg like they're SUPPOSED to in REAL MW games. I want a simple toggle switch in the cockpit that should have been there from the beginning and there hasn't been ONE single argument against it I've read that can logically explain why it isn't there.

View PostDavegt27, on 23 May 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

hey we wanted the skill tree so we need to just suck it up

I didn't want the skill tree at all... it isn't BT, it isn't even MW.... its just some PGI garbage and I never had ANY problem with the old skills and module system. So in my mind they've "fixed" what wasn't broken.

Edited by DANKnuggz, 23 May 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#9 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I didn't want the skill tree at all... it isn't BT, it isn't even MW.... its just some PGI garbage and I never had ANY problem with the old skills and module system. So in my mind they've "fixed" what wasn't broken.

I want to point out that the skill tree is very MW. It's not the MW video games either, but the PnP RPG. Yes, a skill tree is very BT lore wise as well. Do you remember when several prominent MWs had the special skill Ghost Ability (not sure of the name, but that's what it did)? I do and that was in the 2nd Ed version of BT.

#10 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 23 May 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I want to point out that the skill tree is very MW. It's not the MW video games either, but the PnP RPG. Yes, a skill tree is very BT lore wise as well. Do you remember when several prominent MWs had the special skill Ghost Ability (not sure of the name, but that's what it did)? I do and that was in the 2nd Ed version of BT.

you mean archer vs warhammer....merc vs kulita guy?

#11 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 23 May 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

you mean archer vs warhammer....merc vs kulita guy?

Yeah I think it was Jaime Wolf and Theodore Kurita. Justin Allard also had the skill. Any hit that they take you had to roll 2d6 to see if it actually hit or it hit their ghost image. It was a really weird rule. :lol:

#12 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

Why is people using a still quite weak weapon system talked about as if it was a problem to be fixed?Posted Image

#13 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

An even simpler solution to LRM spam.

AMS.

2-3 tons of ammo.

#14 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

View Postcazidin, on 23 May 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

An even simpler solution to LRM spam.

AMS.

2-3 tons of ammo.

nah just 1 ton is enough...baddies "dont have the tonnage" for AMS these days. Ive seen lrm boats basicly give up when they realised that the only thing they are doing is making hot air. Was kind of funny to see that.

#15 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Sigh......
Posted Image

#16 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 23 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Sigh......
Posted Image

Howdy Nova, how goes it? :lol:

#17 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

Laser AMS is coming soon, so that should help some. Though I would certainly like to see passive radar as well!

#18 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

I thought you guise hated ECM. Sorry guise, easy mode only, crutches for everyone.

#19 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

@DANKnuggz
Real BattleTech? not a Cheap BattleTech knock off?
this keeps coming up every so many months and im abit lost on it,
if A/B/C isnt added just the way i see it being added, then MWO isnt a real BattleTech game,

um Ping? well different types of Radar Sensors work differently,
Naval sensors would work differently than Land and Air Sensors,

Radar Dep is a good way to stay Safe from LRMs,
even though thats not the topic being discussed here,

well more than just mech Packs,?
well the new Skill Tree just dropped last patch,
how every you feel about that, thats still not Mech pack and new,

also supposedly we are getting a Full Energy Re-balance in June,
and a whole lot of New Tech in July, with many more things for FP,
as well as perhaps a New Map soon as well,

it seems these next 2-3 months will be rather exciting,

#20 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 23 May 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

nah just 1 ton is enough...baddies "dont have the tonnage" for AMS these days. Ive seen lrm boats basicly give up when they realised that the only thing they are doing is making hot air. Was kind of funny to see that.

I have seen my 3 x ams (with overload x 2) ecm Kitfox shut down the effectiveness of lurmers on the field so well that it has literally won the game. I am hoping that some players using lrms as a crutch realize that maybe more effective builds will lead to success. And, yes, there are some experienced and skilled lurmers that use these weapons effectively and properly which is fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users