Is Madness

25 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt_Sparkleface

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

Anyone hit an Faction game full of blackjacks and 6 ac2's? Insane... every single pepper shaker had AMS so LRMs was nearly impossible, or just normally there's nothing to counter attack this strategy. By the time you realized what's going on, each will be down a mech and fumbling to figure out a counter attack.

What do you guys think? What's a counter to 12 man black jack 6 ac2's? and waht would be the Clan equivalent? I honestly can't think of any, ebon has the triple ac5 build... maybe the direwolf but they also killed our tonnage so Clan is at an even more disadvantage. I promise when more IS figure out the Blackjack hexa ac2 build for Clan, it'll be a whole different game.

Edited by Cpt_Sparkleface, 24 May 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostCpt_Sparkleface, on 24 May 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

Anyone hit an Faction game full of blackjacks and 6 ac2's? Insane... every single pepper shaker had AMS so LRMs was nearly impossible, or just normally there's nothing to counter attack this strategy. By the time you realized what's going on, each will be down a mech and fumbling to figure out a counter attack.

What do you guys think? What's a counter to 12 man black jack 6 ac2's? and waht would be the Clan equivalent? I honestly can't think of any, ebon has the triple ac5 build... maybe the direwolf but they also killed our tonnage so Clan is at an even more disadvantage. I promise when more IS figure out the Blackjack hexa ac2 build for Clan, it'll be a whole different game.

Fast light or medium/light mechs with SRMs?

You don't want to trade with them from afar, so get close and blow them to pieces.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

Can only assume you mean the 90 Mauler....45 ton Blackjacks can't field 6 AC 2's (I think the Arrow has 6 ballistic hardpoints, but still needs ammo, armor and an engine).

#4 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

Good idea, thank you Posted Image

#5 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

What about a TBR with 4 UAC2 or EBJ-A with 3 UAC5/2ERML or HBK IIC with 4UAC2? Kinda ammo starved in all cases, but all you need to do is break that Mauler(?) wave.

Edited by darqsyde, 24 May 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#6 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Identify their weaknesses: Lack of speed and maneuverability , only 12 pt alpha Each...albeit fast recharge and incredible Dps

Play to your strengths: if some teammates have speed get behind and shoot them in the back, use speed to isolate any stragglers, drop artry or airstrikes if they bunch up, Poke together if you are mostly high alpha laser vomit( focus a target and get back to cover). Pop tart if you are good at that. There are probably many other things you could do...Just don't let them stand there and shoot you repeatedly.

Some clan mechs do dakka extremely well, but if they are THAT committed to low speed, bad maneuverability, high dps (low alpha) dakka, just don't play their game....they want you to go toe-to-toe in a slugfest, as your armor will give out first....make them play your game instead.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 24 May 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#7 Cpt_Sparkleface

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:30 AM

wonderful advice! I've been stuck on "wtf" since that game... LOL.

#8 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

Welp, he mentioned his lurms were negated... I mean what other weapons can one use in faction play?

Okay, joking aside, I agree on the Hunchback IIc with 4xUAC2s... it's great fun, put an XL255, strip the arms, 1 JJ and you should still get plenty of ammo and move in the 80kph range.

You want to double down? Dire Whale (for defensive stances) with 6-8 UAC2s

Basically, on any clan mech that can match them in # of ballistic hardpoints, you can do double the damage with UACs (jams notwithstanding). Considering the downfall of AC2 builds is that they have to continually face you to do damage, doubling your output should mean you win in most staredowns...

So even if you don't choose to use a UAC2 build, counter it with peek/poke - high alpha builds... again, they need you to be visible non-stop for them to whittle you down, so don't play that game if you can't play it better.

#9 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

If it's 6 AC2s, it's got to be a Mauler or King Crab.
If it's a Blackjack, they're going to bring 2 at most. The screen shake is imposing, but with only two ACs that's going to be very slow to actual do actual damage, and that's time where they can't twist away. Blackjacks may have some structure quirks, still, but aren't so tough that they can just stand there and trade shots.

Maulers are a bit of a different story where they CAN just stand there and dish it out for a while, but all the same, if you're firing AC2s you need to keep yourself exposed the entire time while firing, which means they're more vulnerable to mechs that can do quick pinpoint damage (gauss/PPC) and then hide between shots.

#10 Cpt_Sparkleface

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

I mean, I targeted most of them, 4-6ac'2, some had 3x ac5s'

#11 ZaRyume Mukeiyu

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Huh, I thought they were Jagermechs. Those 10%-15% cooldown quirks, PLUS max cooldown nodes from the ST, turns those AC-2s into Vulcan machine guns. And I don't think any AC-2s had cooldown modules in the past for this exact reason.

I don't know if a quad AC-2 Hunchback-IIC or a six AC-2 Night Gyr could match that kind of DPS. Ultraviolet Dire Wolf with 8 AC-2s might do it, but I don't think the extra tonnage is worth it, personally.

#12 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostZRMV, on 24 May 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Huh, I thought they were Jagermechs. Those 10%-15% cooldown quirks, PLUS max cooldown nodes from the ST, turns those AC-2s into Vulcan machine guns. And I don't think any AC-2s had cooldown modules in the past for this exact reason.

I don't know if a quad AC-2 Hunchback-IIC or a six AC-2 Night Gyr could match that kind of DPS. Ultraviolet Dire Wolf with 8 AC-2s might do it, but I don't think the extra tonnage is worth it, personally.

Well, don't us AC2s, use UAC2s and under optimal conditions you'll out DPS them, be mindful of your jams and duck into cover when you have more than one jammed up.

#13 Cpt_Sparkleface

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostZRMV, on 24 May 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Sup ZMRV.

Were they jagers? meng,, possibly, I think that game we played gave me gonorrhea.

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostCpt_Sparkleface, on 24 May 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I think that game we played gave me gonorrhea.

You *really* need to get your mouse-n-keyboard cleaned...

#15 ZaRyume Mukeiyu

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 May 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Well, don't us AC2s, use UAC2s and under optimal conditions you'll out DPS them, be mindful of your jams and duck into cover when you have more than one jammed up.

Yeah, playing Russian Roulette with six Ultras is always fun. Not that many people can spam 3 weapon groups of 2 effectively.

#16 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostZRMV, on 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yeah, playing Russian Roulette with six Ultras is always fun. Not that many people can spam 3 weapon groups of 2 effectively.

3? I never do more than 2...

#17 ZaRyume Mukeiyu

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 May 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

3? I never do more than 2...
As far as I could tell, 3 Ultra's fired at the same time, double-tapped, have an increased chance of jamming compared to having 2 fired at the same time. So anyone who can stagger and double-tap 3 buttons at a steady pace could potentially out dps someone stuck with only 2 groups of 3. Again, Russian Roulette.

Might not be much of a problem for the psycho using Macro.

#18 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

12 man kdk3 dakka drop. Works vs all.

#19 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Focusing fire.

Everyone hitting the right target.

Pulse lasers and brawling.

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

ran into a few a.c. spam last night. Just bring better brawlers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users