Warhorn? Once Placed Cannot Be Moved?

14 replies to this topic

#1 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

So as I seem to have found out the hard way. Is it correct that once you place an item in a cockpit that you cannot move it to another mech without buying a whole new one? ( I placed a warhorn in one mech but it now seems I have to pay full price to relocate it to another mech?)

Also can the jack o lantern warhorn still be bought (and could anyone list the price as I am at work and cannot log in)

thanks

#2 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Yes, each cockpit item is unique, and if you equip it on a 'Mech you will not be able to equip it on another 'Mech unless you have several of the same cockpit item.

I've found the Jack-O'-Lantern Warhorn in the list of buyable items for 750 .

#3 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

Thanks kindly for reply and information! Appreciate it

#4 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

View Posttortcat, on 25 May 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

So as I seem to have found out the hard way. Is it correct that once you place an item in a cockpit that you cannot move it to another mech without buying a whole new one? ( I placed a warhorn in one mech but it now seems I have to pay full price to relocate it to another mech?)

Also can the jack o lantern warhorn still be bought (and could anyone list the price as I am at work and cannot log in)

thanks

you can move it to another mech, but you have to remove it from the first mech before you can put it on the other.

unless things have changed recently.

#5 DragonForHire

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Just to clarify - any cockpit item *can* be moved from one mech to another. You just have to remove it from the first mech before it can be added to the 2nd.

Edit - Drat, got ninja'd.

Edited by DragonForHire, 25 May 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#6 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostKaethir, on 25 May 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

you can move it to another mech, but you have to remove it from the first mech before you can put it on the other.

This is correct.

You can move it from mech to mech, but if you want to skip the hassle of equipping and un-equipping you'll have to purchase individual warhorns for each one.

#7 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Not unless something recently changed, you can move it. Remove it from one mech (click the red strike through hex on lower right), save changes, add it to another mech.

You just cannot have it in multiple mechs without purchasing/acquiring multiple ones.

Edit: Wow, 3 replies while typing this.

Edited by KodiakGW, 25 May 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#8 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

Well...now I thought I tried this. I unequipped from the one mech I installed it. But when I went to another mech it was NOT showing up as a "owned" item and was making me buy it.

I will try again when I am off work...but is someone ale to confirm in game that you can indeed unequip from one mech and go to another?

#9 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

View Posttortcat, on 25 May 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I will try again when I am off work...but is someone ale to confirm in game that you can indeed unequip from one mech and go to another?

You can.

Make sure you save after you unequip it.

#10 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

OK thanks all. I will try this again when I get home. Maybe I did not "save" it when I tried a week ago. This would be great if I can do this as I would buy another horn or two but I did not want to get "stuck" with them on just one mech...especially until I see if I like them.

Thanks all!

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

View Posttortcat, on 25 May 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

thanks

Like fuzzy dice in real life it doesn't magically jump to your mother's car just because you put it on a tricycle.

You have to take it off of your tricycle, bring it to your mother's car, and hang it on the mirror yourself.

Unless you have a second set of fuzzy dice.

Same concept here.

View Posttortcat, on 25 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

OK thanks all. I will try this again when I get home. Maybe I did not "save" it when I tried a week ago. This would be great if I can do this as I would buy another horn or two but I did not want to get "stuck" with them on just one mech...especially until I see if I like them.

Thanks all!

Side note:
There's a preview button when you are in the cockpit store/inventory for items. This previews animations/sounds.

#12 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

You can get more warhorns from events, though at a slow pace. And yes all the cockpit items can be placed into any mech, and removed and placed into another.

#13 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

Thanks again. Good to know about the preview button also.

#14 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for all the reply's. I was able to confirm that you can move the items. I just must not have "saved" it before. Thanks again all.

#15 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

View Posttortcat, on 25 May 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Well...now I thought I tried this. I unequipped from the one mech I installed it. But when I went to another mech it was NOT showing up as a "owned" item and was making me buy it.

I will try again when I am off work...but is someone ale to confirm in game that you can indeed unequip from one mech and go to ianother?

I had this problem with apparently disappearing items and it's an interface issue: in the "warehouse" area there is a Drop down menu that's not very obvious that allows you to select "all" or "new" or "sale" items of the sort you are looking at. This is near the button for "owned" items (I'm not in game now so this is approximate). This menu defaults to "new" but should be set to "all". If you set it to all and owned your item will appear. It's a serious UI design flaw in my opinion. I had no idea and thought my stuff had been deleted until someone pointed this out to me, hope this helps.

Edited by DeloresAbernathy, 27 May 2017 - 01:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users