- - - - -

Are The Servers Down?

6 replies to this topic

#1 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:18 AM

I tried installing the new portal and keep getting a message that says the servers are down, what’s going on?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostLMP, on 26 May 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

I tried installing the new portal and keep getting a message that says the servers are down, what’s going on?

I just tried to download the portal it downloaded sucessfully, and when trying to launch using the portal it asked to update the portal, but after the update it is working for me.

#3 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 26 May 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

I just tried to download the portal it downloaded sucessfully, and when trying to launch using the portal it asked to update the portal, but after the update it is working for me.

I rolled back to a couple days before I installed the new portal and the old one didn’t work and said “Unable to connect to the remote server”.

I went to the page where I downloaded the new portal to try installing it again, but when I clicked the button got a message that said “The connection has timed out”.

My internet and other games work fine.

Do you think I should try uninstalling MWO and reinstalling it?

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

will it launch the portal or does the error come up when you click patch/play? if so try running the repair tool.

otherwise yes you will have to try a reinstall, if the portal does not work try steam.

#5 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 26 May 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

will it launch the portal or does the error come up when you click patch/play? if so try running the repair tool.

otherwise yes you will have to try a reinstall, if the portal does not work try steam.

The portal doesn’t come up at all it just shows the MWO logo minus any background.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostLMP, on 26 May 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

I rolled back to a couple days before I installed the new portal and the old one didn’t work and said “Unable to connect to the remote server”.

I went to the page where I downloaded the new portal to try installing it again, but when I clicked the button got a message that said “The connection has timed out”.

My internet and other games work fine.

Do you think I should try uninstalling MWO and reinstalling it?

One of the dozens upon dozens of reasons I just use the steam version.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

try to download the portal from the blue download now link up top, run that and it may fix the program

if that does not work try using "programs and features" in "control panel" to "change" Mechwarrior online,
it may give you an option to "repair", if so do so,

otherwise yes it looks like a remove job, so remove then run a scan with something like Glary Utilities or CCleaner to clean up any remenants that could cause problems, before reinstalling

if the portal still does not work try installing through steam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users