Uac Functionality Poll

15 replies to this topic

Poll: UAC Functionality (40 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you think UACs should function?

1. Fine as is (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

2. Replace jamming with a different penalty (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

3. Modify how jamming works (19 votes [21.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.35%

4. Reduce their "double damage or no damage" effect at both ends (7 votes [7.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

5. Make them weigh more and/or take up more crit slots than AC (8 votes [8.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.99%

6. Reduce ammo per ton compared to AC (3 votes [3.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.37%

7. Increase ammo per ton (4 votes [4.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

8. Reduce range compared to AC (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

9. Slower velocity than AC (4 votes [4.49%] - View)

10. Faster velocity than AC (1 votes [1.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.12%

11. Add a slight spread (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

12. Increase the cooldown (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

13. Decrease the cooldown (4 votes [4.49%] - View)

14. Make them more fragile than AC (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

15. Remove Jamming entirely (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

16. Make jam chance cumulative with each shot (6 votes [6.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

17. Function by BTech lore standards (3 votes [3.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

Multiple choice poll, pick how you would want to change up UACs from the options, lets see if we can get some semblance of agreement from the options.

Let me know if the poll is missing anything, or if you want to suggest some kind of unique change, please feel free to post it below.

Edited by Shifty McSwift, 26 May 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#2 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

I just want them to reduce the amount they jam. I mean hammering on them should have risks but jamming every other shot is a bit over the top.

My personal suggestion was to increase the jam chance by every shot you fire. For example.

First double tap 0%, second double tap 5%, third double tap 10%, fourth double tap 20%, fifth double tap 40%, sixth double tap 80% and so on.

Basically if you just double tap 2-3 times your not likely to jam but if you are just cycling shots through as fast as you can click your mouse for more than 3 shots your likely to see a jam any second.

This would enforce fire discipline, move the skill level require to use them up a notch and pretty much prevent a KDK-3 from unloading without any thought.

#3 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

There is no option for reducing their heat to prenerf levels. Because that is what I would choose. The UAC/5 and AC/5 were my favorite weapons. Now they are so much worse. At least buff the heat by 25%.

#4 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

I think ultra AC's need to be heavier (more barrels on the model) they need to have no jam, but some kind of spread and have the jam based on heat. the hotter the weapon, the higher the chance of a jam. they also need to have a lower per hit damage due to the smaller shell

#5 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

How about if UAC's operated the way they are supposed to in the lore? Enough said.

#6 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

Jams should occur after a fixed number of UAC double-taps. This would allow skilled and attentive players to time when they want to burst a lot of damage and limit how much burst damage they can do in a single fight, all without letting RNGesus determine the outcome of a brawl.

#7 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

Added another option at the end for cumulative jam chance (each shot makes jam more likely), sorry if its a bit late, but we can assume that choice will be at least +2 votes at the end.

And woah someone voted for slight spread hehe, I put that in as an option thinking no one would want it, but hey, it could be an interesting way of handling it.

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 26 May 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

How about if UAC's operated the way they are supposed to in the lore? Enough said.

Option added.

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:13 AM

Add in an increasing ammount of jam chance beginning with the first doubble tap.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 26 May 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Multiple choice poll, pick how you would want to change up UACs from the options, lets see if we can get some semblance of agreement from the options.

Let me know if the poll is missing anything, or if you want to suggest some kind of unique change, please feel free to post it below.

Missing options: Increase shot count per rating compared to ACs.
And probably its opposite.

(This appears to be about Clan UACs compared to standard ACs, but in truth this can go both ways; the IS needs this further distinction, too.)

In other words if Clan AC/5 needs 2 shots to make 5 damage, Clan UAC/5 should require 3 shots to make 5 damage.
If IS AC/5 needs 1 shot to make 5 damage, IS UAC/5 should do 2 shots to make 5 damage.

A graphical decrease on the bullet size for UACs would also be nice; it's terrifying when the bullet you fire is bigger than all three barrels on your gun.

Edited by Koniving, 27 May 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#10 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

Jam duration should be 2x the CD of the UAC at most. There is no reason a UAC2 should jam for over 5x its CD when a UAC20 only jams for less than 1 CD.

Jam chance can stay the same but the Jam chance reduciton in the skill tree needs a massive buff as it does nothing atm. (tested, it literaly does nothing).

Ammo wise i think only the AC and UAC 2 should have an increase of 20% and 40% respectivly.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 27 May 2017 - 11:00 AM.

#11 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

"The weapon itself is capable of firing two shots per turn, like all Ultra autocannon, resulting in doubled heat and, potentially, damage." -Sarna.net

This is the lore. I think it would work perfectly here too.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 27 May 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#12 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 27 May 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

"The weapon itself is capable of firing two shots per turn, like all Ultra autocannon, resulting in doubled heat and, potentially, damage." -Sarna.net

This is the lore. I think it would work perfectly here too.

Hey if you think it is fine as is, the option to vote that is there :)

Sarna isn't and hasn't been used as an exact benchmark of statistics in transition for the real time nature of MWO, we don't have turns either, so it is not written on stone so to speak.

#13 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 28 May 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

Hey if you think it is fine as is, the option to vote that is there Posted Image

Sarna isn't and hasn't been used as an exact benchmark of statistics in transition for the real time nature of MWO, we don't have turns either, so it is not written on stone so to speak.

"Same turn" translates into "before the normal cooldown ends". I thought everyone knew that.

#14 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

first - when we can't have a Cone of Fire or a dispersion because of Random - I don't want to have any random anymore in this game - so drop jam mechanic at all.

View PostKoniving, on 27 May 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

In other words if Clan AC/5 needs 2 shots to make 5 damage, Clan UAC/5 should require 3 shots to make 5 damage.
If IS AC/5 needs 1 shot to make 5 damage, IS UAC/5 should do 2 shots to make 5 damage.

I would take this - and add the 50% more maxium damage stuff of BattleForce/BattleSpace UACs.

So a UAC5 should deal 7.5dmg per shot but wasting more ammo.
So When its 1 shot for 5 dmagage for the ISAC5 it should be 2 shots for 7.5dmg
(30 5dmg shots for AC5; 40 3.75 shells for the UAC5)

Alternative remove double shot but reduce the Cool Down (1.1 instead of 1.7 seconds)

last idea
bring back the CB UAC5 prior to the lottery random jam stuff - 1.1 cool down 5dmg per shot 25shots per ton.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 28 May 2017 - 11:37 PM.

#15 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 28 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

"Same turn" translates into "before the normal cooldown ends". I thought everyone knew that.

That would make the time between turns vary from some 1 to 4 seconds. So IDK that seems flawed, your notion of a specfic set time in seconds for a "turn" which varies from other things people have said about TT too? You really thought everyone assumed that a "turn" was weapon cooldown based?

View PostKarl Streiger, on 28 May 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

first - when we can't have a Cone of Fire or a dispersion because of Random - I don't want to have any random anymore in this game - so drop jam mechanic at all.

I would take this - and add the 50% more maxium damage stuff of BattleForce/BattleSpace UACs.

So a UAC5 should deal 7.5dmg per shot but wasting more ammo.
So When its 1 shot for 5 dmagage for the ISAC5 it should be 2 shots for 7.5dmg
(30 5dmg shots for AC5; 40 3.75 shells for the UAC5)

Alternative remove double shot but reduce the Cool Down (1.1 instead of 1.7 seconds)

last idea
bring back the CB UAC5 prior to the lottery random jam stuff - 1.1 cool down 5dmg per shot 25shots per ton.

The most popular notion so far has definitely been the modification or straight up removal of the jam system, but I agree with the idea of reducing the variation in damage potential for sure, to me double or nothing thing is just too much for the weapon, with double or nothing they need something like a random and ridiculous jam or the regular AC just looks like crap compared.

Like with how the burst stream makes clan AC actually a decent choice vs clan LBX (or more specifically the IS AC makes all other non UAC ACs look like crud), it really seems in the best interest of the game to have it function in a much more comparable way.

#16 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

Two ideas i had used in the past:

1. Doubletap with 100% jam chance, but jam duration is just the same as CD, so you keep the same DPS as ACs, but have the choice if you want to fire two times with double the cd, or just use the normal cd.

2. One additional bullet instead of doubletap
Basically for a UAC20 with 4x5dmg you would have 5x5dmg for a total of 25dmg - IF YOU can hit all bullets.
Harder to gain all damage potential and also no "choice" by the player, as it is "always on".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users