#1 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

I've seen a number of lrms scary, satire about lrms, lurms everywhere, how to nerf lrms etc posted thoughout the week...

PGI puts up an event in the weekend with sweet rewards, (that temps me to play when i wasn't going to), surely with all the threads about lrms they must be everywhere... right! Right!? ;)

I skill up my first cutefox of the ST era, 3x ams and ams buffs... I've had 1 game to date where I used more than 1000 ams missiles... and in that game, I got narc'd LOL...

So bring out your lurms already, my cute fox is hungry!

(Oh... In one of the games there was another triple ams cutefox... so maybe they sponged all the lurms?)

Edited by chucklesMuch, 27 May 2017 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

I just got out of a match with my 6xLRM5 Mad Dog, and there must have been at LEAST 8 AMS systems on the enemy team, and that's just between 3 mechs. Chainfire was all but useless, I had to suck the ghost heat penalty to get any missiles through. Ended up sneaking in around 440 damage anyway, and got 4 kills; mostly due to my 4xERML.

#3 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:03 AM

View PostEscef, on 27 May 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

I just got out of a match with my 6xLRM5 Mad Dog, and there must have been at LEAST 8 AMS systems on the enemy team, and that's just between 3 mechs. Chainfire was all but useless, I had to suck the ghost heat penalty to get any missiles through. Ended up sneaking in around 440 damage anyway, and got 4 kills; mostly due to my 4xERML.

Wow, 8 ams o.O! that is crazy! (3 plus 2xbuffs) on my cutefox alone is enough to neutralise significant lurmage. Maybe people have been taking notice of all the ams nerfs lurms posts lol

#4 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

Events bring out the LRMs because potatoes. The only way they can actually do damage is with lurms.

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

View PostTemplar Dane, on 27 May 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

Events bring out the LRMs because potatoes. The only way they can actually do damage is with lurms.

Show us on the wire diagram where the bad Lurms touched you.

#6 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

View PostTemplar Dane, on 27 May 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

I reckon there will be some pretty frustrated lurmers, this time around, as AMS cancels out loads of potencial damage/score... though I hope that more lurmers make an appearance... seems a pity to have unused ams ammo on my mech :)

#7 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

Triple ams cutefox is not a joke. Especially if you have the ams tree nodes. As said above it makes my 5x5 lrm boat ineffective when chain firing. I might have to go big on this event.

View PostchucklesMuch, on 27 May 2017 - 02:48 AM, said:

(Oh... In one of the games there was another triple ams cutefox... so maybe they sponged all the lurms?)

Very possible, I dropped in my iron dome cutefox a couple days ago and another was in the game. Our team was very happy.

#8 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

View PostSiegegun, on 27 May 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

Triple ams cutefox is not a joke. Especially if you have the ams tree nodes. As said above it makes my 5x5 lrm boat ineffective when chain firing. I might have to go big on this event.

Very possible, I dropped in my iron dome cutefox a couple days ago and another was in the game. Our team was very happy.

Hmm. Makes bigger launchers more viable than several smaller due to ghost heat throwing out missiles from several lrm 5/10?
Just a hunch..

#9 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

View PostSiegegun, on 27 May 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

Tonight on bog I was reluctant to target an archer lrm boat as it was the only/last lurm boat left on the opposition team... and it couldn't harm me. Or any of the mechs around me.

its really werid and kinda fun to hunt down missile streams instead of looking for a big rock to put between you said stream

#10 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

The 3-AMS Nova is nothing to laugh at either. I had two on the other team last night and watched 30-missile salvoes launched from 500m go poof almost instantly! The only way to get through the hail was to fire from 190m and engage SSRM/MPL backups! It makes you have to employ strategery.

#11 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:36 AM

View PostEscef, on 27 May 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Show us on the wire diagram where the bad Lurms touched you.

That was not a complaint. It was an explanation as to why there's always a spike in complaints about lurms on the forums.

1. event
2. taters get out the lurms
3. higher number of people voting for lurm-friendly maps
4. people die/nearly die to lurms
5. insert X threads about lurms being OP
6. inevitable threads complaining about lurms and/or threads complaining about complaining

#12 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

View PostTordin, on 27 May 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Hmm. Makes bigger launchers more viable than several smaller due to ghost heat throwing out missiles from several lrm 5/10?
Just a hunch..

Actually it has nothing to do with heat, I have my GB setup to chainfire, I have all the cooldown nodes and all the heat gen, heat containment nodes, and all the heat nodes in the firepower tree unlocked. Plus GB still has most of its quirks, it only lost some cooldown quirk on the mech itself. I can chainfire for long periods of time, especially on cool maps (I test on hot maps). It has to do with the amount of ams. I can still be effective but it is a lot more difficult. Like I said above I might have to build a large launcher boat. Thanks to PGI skill tree refundI have 100 million cbiills to make one now.

View PostchucklesMuch, on 27 May 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

Tonight on bog I was reluctant to target an archer lrm boat as it was the only/last lurm boat left on the opposition team... and it couldn't harm me. Or any of the mechs around me.

its really werid and kinda fun to hunt down missile streams instead of looking for a big rock to put between you said stream

Yeah I ran into Coolant using an iron dome cutefox on bog a week ago and his nullified me. Since the skill tree when I encounter one now and I'm in the Gb I just look for some Rambo or the edges of the enemy team firing line away from it until either it is dead or out of ammo. Or until my team or I kills it.

#13 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

Or just use a nova with 12 spl, I did it and can easily get an average of 400 score per match (kinda high for me)

#14 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

I ran my lurm boat a few games last night and i am happy to report, much to my chagrin. That AMS is seeing a healthy upsurge in usage. i actually had to pay attention and remember which targets were under ams cover.
then i actually had to move and pick off targets of opportunity . and then to top it all off i actually had to go to the front of the lines so i could maybe shoot something .

it was hard work ... so i decided to take a nap. sorry i didnt keep my boat in game for your ams... but if people keep using ams and other anti lrms tactics i just cant be bothered with the effort required to play them .

#15 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

Lrm bads are throwing games in bunches.

Every single 12:0 - 12:2 i was part of today (luckily, always on the winning team) had at least 4 lrm boats on the team that got curbstomped.

#16 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 27 May 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Lrm bads are throwing games in bunches.

Every single 12:0 - 12:2 i was part of today (luckily, always on the winning team) had at least 4 lrm boats on the team that got curbstomped.

Oh man, I wants more games with 4 opposition lurm boats :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users