So What Do You Think Loyalty Rewards Will Be This Year? What Would You Like To See As Rewards?

BattleMechs

66 replies to this topic

#1 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

Honestly I have no idea but I'd like to shamelessly plug I want the ability to replace my gold Dire Wolf & Timber Wolf with a Gold Mad Cat MK II.

See PGI is very rewarding in regards to the loyalty program. Though I'd like to suggest a thought. What's available to those who have met the requirements each year?

What if you could choose 1 mech to receive 30% c-bill boost and Gold Camo and paint job?

TL;DR PGI can I has gold on my MK II Posted Image

Questions are legitimate.

Q: What do you think the rewards will be this year?
Q: What would you like the or suggest for rewards?

Edit: Changed the title... my god I need to stop making posts at 4am with my phone :(

Edited by Imperius, 27 May 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#2 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:43 AM

View PostImperius, on 27 May 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

Honestly I have no idea but I'd like to shamelessly plug I want the ability to replace my gold Dire Wolf & Timber Wolf with a Gold Mad Cat MK II.

See PGI is very rewarding in regards to the loyalty program. Though I'd like to suggest a thought. What's available to those who have met the requirements each year?

What if you could choose 1 mech to receive 30% c-bill boost and Gold Camo and paint job?

TL;DR PGI can I has gold on my MK II Posted Image

Questions are legitimate.

You have a serious gold fetish ... why don't you ask for an attractive lady friend in a gold bikini cockpit item instead of another gold mech.

#3 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 27 May 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

You have a serious gold fetish ... why don't you ask for an attractive lady friend in a gold bikini cockpit item instead of another gold mech.

Why not Russ or Paul in a gold bikini? Posted Image Each time the mech bums the moobs could jiggle. I am sure that would lead to giggles

Edited by Bush Hopper, 27 May 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#4 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

Hunchback-4N
Should have been here since Closed Beta.
Take the Grid Iron, remove 1 Ballistic slot, add 1 Missile and 1 Energy.

Wolverine-7M
Take Wolverine-7D, replace all Ballistic with Energy. Has MASC.

Edited by Wildstreak, 28 May 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#5 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

View PostImperius, on 27 May 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

What will they be? Mediocre to outright bad mechs that utilize new technology to a large degree.
What would I like them to be or what do I suggest? A Quickdraw with ECM...but just for me. :)

#6 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

As long as they avoid any situation resembling the Summoner loyalty pods last year I don't care.

#7 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

Wasp, Sting or Valkyrie mech!

#8 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:38 AM

I think we ought to petition customer support to change Imperius' name to "Goldfinger." Because he's apparently the man with a Midas touch...a spider's touch...who loves only gooooooooooold....only gooooooooolllld......

Edited by Chados, 27 May 2017 - 04:38 AM.

#9 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

First, a recap...

Year 1
1 Medium, 2 Assault
Centurion, Atlas, King Crab

Year 2
3 Medium, 2 Assault
Cicada, Wolverine, Nova, Zeus, Executioner

Year 3
1 Medium, 4 Heavy, 1 Assault
Blackjack, Cataphract, Hellbringer, Summoner (x2), Stalker

So, safe bets;
1. No Light 'mechs
2. No repeat 'mechs

I'll assume...
1 IS Medium for MC reward
1 IS Heavy for Tier 1 IS reward
1 IS Assault for Tier 2 IS reward
1 Clan Heavy for Tier 1 Clan reward
1 Clan Assault for Tier 2 Clan reward

Good options for (L) variants seem to be adding JJs, MASC, ECM or new hard points.

IS Medium
My shortlist is Crab, Griffin.

For the Crab, I would like the CRB-30

The CRB-30 is a complete rework of the CRB-27 Crab introduced in 3061. To start, the standard engine has been replaced with an ExtraLight model. The CRB-30 puts this free weight to good use by replacing the twin large lasers with a pair of ER PPCs and upgrading the medium and small lasers to an ER Medium Laser and an ER Small Laser. The standard heat sinks have all been replaced with double heat sinks, though two have been removed, so the PPCs must use volley fire. The last part of this upgrade is the addition of a Guardian ECM Suite and an improved C3 computer.

For the Griffin, I would like the GRF-5M

The 5M variant of the Griffin was designed in 3066 with a distinctive flair for the Free Worlds League. Unlike other "Phoenix" 'Mechs it was powered by an extralight engine and carried, as its primary weapon, a Light Gauss Rifle. This was backed up by an LRM-10 launcher and a small laser for close range work. The variant utilized double heat sinks and also carried ten and a half tons of armor.

I'd rather have the CRB-30, got to love more ECM Mediums.

IS Heavy
My shortlist is Rifleman, Archer, Grasshopper, Black Knight, Marauder

For the Rifleman, I would like the RFL-7M

A "Project Phoenix" model built by Vicore Industries and introduced in 3066, the 7M was intended to act as a long-range sniper unit. It was armed with two Light Gauss Rifles, six ER Medium Lasers, a Small Laser, and a Guardian ECM Suite. Both the Blakists and the Free Worlds League used this Rifleman to provide protection to their command units.

For the Archer, I would like the ARC-7L

Built for the Capellan Confederation by Earthwerks in 3067, the 7L variant of the Archer incorporated new Stealth Armor and a Guardian ECM Suite for protection against enemy electronics in addition to making the Archer harder to target. The 'Mech carried twelve and a half tons of Stealth Armor and was armed with two LRM-20 launchers and two ER Medium Lasers. The trade-off for this massive upgrade was that the 'Mech's top speed was reduced to 54 km/h. In an attempt to compensate for this, the 'Mech also had three jump jets mounted, making it capable of jumping up to ninety meters at a time. The 7L was slated to enter the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces' new Shadow Lances.

For the Grasshopper, I would like the GHR-7K

An upgrade of the 6K introduced in 3068, the 7K replaces the weapons with an eye toward making the Grasshopper independent of supply concerns common during the Jihad. Two arm-mounted Light PPCs provide long-range firepower, while short-range firepower is provided by twin torso-mounted Snub-Nose PPCs. A head-mounted ER Medium Laser takes the place of one of the 6K's heat sinks, while the addition of a Guardian ECM Suite and C3 slave unit makes this Grasshopper a difficult-to-detect guerrilla fighter.

For the Black Knight, I would like the BL-12-KNT

The BL-12 was probably the most technologically advanced version of the Black Knight leading up to the Jihad. While still based on the original BL-6 model this design goes in a completely different direction from the BL-9. Introduced in 3063 the first thing that was done to the BL-12 was the upgrade of all of the medium lasers and the PPC to extended range versions, then its single heat sinks were upgraded to double strength versions, reducing the total number from twenty to sixteen. Finally, all of the weapons were mated to a Targeting Computer.

For the Marauder, I would like the MAD-5R

The Marauder 5R was an upgrade of the 3R model introduced in 3068. The 'Mech carried an XL engine to save weight and its heat sinks upgraded to double-strength models. The PPCs were replaced with two ER PPCs and the Autocannon/5 upgraded to a Rotary Autocannon/5; the two medium lasers of the original were retained. Also, for added protection, the 5R mounted fourteen tons of armor and a Guardian ECM Suite. The 'Mech also carries a C3 Slave unit that allows the 'Mech to transmit targeting data to its lance mates.

I'd rather have the RFL-7M, that ECM could help it be a better long range fighter. MAD-5R comes in a very close 2nd.

IS Assault
My shortlist is Awesome, Banshee.

For the Awesome, I would like the AWS-9Q

A basic upgrade to the original 8Q introduced in 3057,[11] the heat sinks are upgraded to double heat sinks and are reduced to nineteen. The saved weight is used to add a fourth PPC to the 'Mech as well as a Guardian ECM Suite. Although there was some criticism for using basic PPCs and not upgrading to ER models, the 9Q proved itself during Operation Guerrero to be quite devastating.

For the Banshee, I would like the BNC-6S

The 6S variant of the Banshee is powered by a Light Fusion Engine and built on an Endo Steel chassis. It is armed with an LB-X Autocannon/10 for long-range combat while a Heavy Gauss Rifle is used at medium to close ranges. The 'Mech retains the Small Laser of the 3E model but is protected with fourteen and a half tons of armor.

I'd rather have the AWS-9Q, because I love the Awesome and ECM is just gravy.

Clan Heavy
My shortlist is Ebon Jaguar, Night Gyr

For the Ebon Jaguar, I would like the EBJ-H

The H variant returns to the Ultra Autocannon/20 of the A, though it strips out all of the other weapons. They are replaced by a Heavy Large Laser, a pair of Heavy Medium Lasers, and a single Medium Pulse Laser. All of these weapons are tied to an advanced targeting computer. Even though this variant mounts additional heat sinks, an inexperienced MechWarrior could still be overwhelmed by the amount of heat this variant can produce.

For the Night Gyr, I would like the NTG-E

This variant uses massed pulse lasers, two large and six medium, in conjunction with an ATM 6 and an SRM-6. The ATM only mounts two tons of ammunition, limiting its flexibility

I'd rather have the NTG-E, because 8E on that thing with no room for DHS sounds crazy. Sure, I can mount 9E now, but... reasons.

Clan Assault
My shortlist is Gargoyle, Warhawk

For the Gargoyle, I would like the GAR-H

Configured to take advantage of new Heavy Laser technology, the H configuration is a capable 'Mech at any range. For long range jousting with an enemy, the 'Mech has an LRM-10 launcher. This is backed up by an Ultra Autocannon/10 and a new Heavy Large Laser for intermediate ranges. Finally, for added punch at close range, the 'Mech has two ER Medium Lasers.

For the Warhawk, I would like the WHK-F

Apparently designed to reduce heat, this configuration of the Warhawk carries a single ER PPC in each arm backed up by an LRM-20 and LRM-10. A torso-mounted Ultra AC/2 rounds out the weapons. Like most Warhawk variants, this version carries an advanced Targeting Computer.

I'd rather have the WHK-F, just for the torso mounted Ballistic.

So my guess / hope;

CRB-30 for MC reward
RFL-7M for Tier 1 IS reward
AWS-9Q for Tier 2 IS reward
NTG-E for Tier 1 Clan reward
WHK-F for Tier 2 Clan reward

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 27 May 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#10 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

Need a loyalty reward?
Why not quadrupeds?

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:59 AM

I just wish PGI makes my Founder's Atlas more competitive...

#12 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 May 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Need a loyalty reward?
Why not quadrupeds?

But only if you own a Clan pack Posted Image

#13 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 27 May 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

But only if you own a Clan pack Posted Image

I would actually buy one (and then just sell the mechs) if that was what was required to get a Scorpion.

(Or give the pack away, if that would still qualify me for the reward)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 27 May 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

I just want a program where I don't get screwed over because I didn't happen to buy the exact specific combination of items PGI wants me to buy.

Last Year I spent obscene amounts of money, usually I would buy the Standard Pack plus Hero. Once I even bought the Standard, Reinforcement and Hero but despite that, I couldn't qualify for the Top Tier Stuff because I didn't buy the COLLECTORS EDITIONS. However someone spending maybe 1/3 the money I spend got all the top tier stuff because they did buy the Collectors Editions.

Sorry but it is kind of a kick in the pants to spend literally hundreds of dollars on the game and then be told I wasn't "Loyal" enough because I didn't waste money on two copies of the same mech that came with the collectors editions.

That being the case, I just want to see something that actually rewards you based on what you have spent.

#15 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostChados, on 27 May 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

I think we ought to petition customer support to change Imperius' name to "Goldfinger." Because he's apparently the man with a Midas touch...a spider's touch...who loves only gooooooooooold....only gooooooooolllld......

Note quite but I'm going to miss the Gold Dire Wolf. Come July it may never see the light of day unless I feel like being a masochist. Believe it or not a lot of people that see them get happy they have seen one pop-up in their match. I've had entire units throw away strat books just to kill me :D it's got its uses trust me ;)

#16 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 27 May 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

You don't understand that power the gold mech has in a match Posted Image Posted Image

View PostViktor Drake, on 27 May 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

I just want a program where I don't get screwed over because I didn't happen to buy the exact specific combination of items PGI wants me to buy.

Last Year I spent obscene amounts of money, usually I would buy the Standard Pack plus Hero. Once I even bought the Standard, Reinforcement and Hero but despite that, I couldn't qualify for the Top Tier Stuff because I didn't buy the COLLECTORS EDITIONS. However someone spending maybe 1/3 the money I spend got all the top tier stuff because they did buy the Collectors Editions.

Sorry but it is kind of a kick in the pants to spend literally hundreds of dollars on the game and then be told I wasn't "Loyal" enough because I didn't waste money on two copies of the same mech that came with the collectors editions.

That being the case, I just want to see something that actually rewards you based on what you have spent.

Sorry to hear that. I do remember some people having that issue and I thought they did address it, I could be wrong, and if they didn't that does indeed suck Posted Image! It really should be if you spent x amount you get all the loyalty rewards. Sadly I'm sitting on 60,000 MC and not sure what I am supposed to use it for Posted Image

Edited by Imperius, 27 May 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#17 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

My Suggestion

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5760627

#18 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Mist Lynx F
Posted Image

Stormcrow E
Posted Image

Mad Dog D
Posted Image

Dire Wolf C
Posted Image

Please PGI make it so!

Edited by CK16, 28 May 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#19 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

PGI's attitude is "what have you done for me lately", not "Thanks for toughing out our game. We're glad you are still here."

#20 Emden

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

I want an AS7-K(s) I will name it.... Special K.

Really, I would love his to be one of the loyalty rewards...Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users