This Event Is Sick.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Obrien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:03 AM

Pimped out most of my non camo'd mechs, got a few mech bays and even get a free linebacker and some more goodness? Good on ya pgi.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

Love that they're giving away the really hot collectible items.

Love that they're giving away colors.

Love that they're giving away a mech.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

I like to think this event is something of an apology for their total lack of communication between the last PTS and the implementation of the skills tree and thus a lot of the misapprehension and misunderstandings and resulting misdirected rage around here of late.

Apology accepted!

#4 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

<------ memorial day event thread is over there in announcements.

yes great event, completed it 1st time today, planning to do it once, maybe twice more.

View PostBud Crue, on 27 May 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

Apology accepted!

I think its in regards to some problems with some old codes https://mwomercs.com...s/page__st__140

#5 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

Yes such a good event. It even helped me on my quest for 1 bill creds. Wanted the Nvidia cockpit item since closed beta and finally got it. :)

#6 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

Posted Image

#7 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

I like that the event rewards *playing.* If you want to finish the 10k in a reasonable amount of matches, you need to fight.

#8 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Agreed that it's nice they put this event with these items, double XP, sale etc. No complaints there.

I have to say though that having one single gate of 10,000 Match Score is poor event design. Basically anyone who can't fit approx. 50 games or so in the next 5 days is semi outta luck (though they still get 2x XP and sale etc).

Come the 31st, anyone who is at 9,000 match score but can't quite make the last 1k is gonna be quite frustrated. 5 gates of 2,000 or even a 4/8/10 split would have worked better for a lot more people. I get that PGI probably tossed this together at the last minute and were very generous besides, so no complaints as I said. Just something to keep in mind for future event design.

#9 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:44 AM

BTW don't use sick like its a good thing, that's the older generation making fun of how stupid the younger generation is.

Also there is no excuse for being that stupid they never would have got away with it before, but it seems there is a new lvl of stupid in the younger generation.

Some peeps reading this are thinking "Ya but but but". No buts, its like bell bottom pants from the 70's, you will wake up and think wtf was I doing? :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 27 May 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#10 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

I received 1630MC from useless consumable refund ledger---------> 10 mechbays!

Thanks PGI!

#11 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

My jaw was already, while reading the rewards list, open by the time I got to the three colours... then I read the main prize. This has totally scrapped my plan to finish the Bismarck event on World of Warships this weekend.

Thanks, PGI.

#12 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

yep, thx PGI

#13 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 May 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

BTW don't use sick like its a good thing, that's the older generation making fun of how stupid the younger generation is.

Also there is no excuse for being that stupid they never would have got away with it before, but it seems there is a new lvl of stupid in the younger generation.

Some peeps reading this are thinking "Ya but but but". No buts, its like bell bottom pants from the 70's, you will wake up and think wtf was I doing? Posted Image

It's time to stop posting and go to bingo grampa.

#14 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 May 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Some peeps reading this are thinking "Ya but but but". No buts, its like bell bottom pants from the 70's, you will wake up and think wtf was I doing? Posted Image

Mainstream use of the word "sick" to mean cool or good goes back to the late 70's and early 80's. It's actually an older generation's slang term.

Quote from 1983 University North Carolina publication: "Sick, unbelievably good: The Fleetwood Mac concert was sick."

The slang use of the term goes back to black and jazz use in the 20's through the 70's.

Get a clue.

Edited by vandalhooch, 27 May 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#15 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

A single, straightforward win condition, boatloads of sweet loot lumped into one reward tier, and a double-XP weekend?

Best. Event. Ever.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 27 May 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#16 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

I still need lots of game cause Im currently on 3,000ish to 10,000..

Looking forward for all the free goodies!!! Posted Image

#17 Isolani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, as far as rewards go, this is probably the coolest event I have played in. I already have the Linebacker, but it's still free stuff just for playing, so I'm fine with it. Just getting some free colors makes this event worth playing. Got about 6000 of the 10,000 match score yesterday, not sure if I'll have time to finish today, got things to do. But tomorrow for sure =)

Thanks PGI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users