New Heroes Hardpoints Adjusted, Why Not Older Heroes?

BattleMechs

40 replies to this topic

#21 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Orion, Trebuchet and Cataphract could use some love. I don't even own 2 out of 3 of those mechs, but what can I say, it shows. The models look so great for the rest of the mechs. I guess the Wolverine needs it to.

The topic is about hard points but the models may as well be mentioned if older mechs get a pass.

Edited by Johnny Z, 27 May 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#22 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostHollowBassman, on 27 May 2017 - 05:15 AM, said:

Yep, the Yen-Lo-Wang still needs its left arm energy hardpoint.

The YLW needs it's working hatchet.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostShadeofHades, on 27 May 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Indeed. TBR, NVA, ACH, and others lost quirks...all on chassis that had been paid for by early adopters.

People didn't pay for quirks. In fact TBR and Nova didn't even have quirks when the packages were offered for early adopters.

Quirks are also always known to be fluid for balance reasons. Ain't one and the same thing.

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 27 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

You mean like every other "NERF KDK-3!!!" post that says it just need to lose 2B? Yeah, that could be an issue Posted Image

I'd say it wouldn't hav been an issue if maybe PGI had been smart and not given it 4 uber high ballistics to begin with, but the Thunder and Lightning Bears that became the Meta would disagree, I suppose. Still I hear that is falling away due to lack of mobility.... thus a 2x B KDK3 would probably not be an issue at all, now.

Sometimes it's a real race to see who can screw this game up worse, PGI or a certain vocal element of the playerbase. I suppose ultimately that still falls on PGI though.... as there is no reason they have to actually capitulate.

Is it June 1 yet?

View PostValhallan, on 27 May 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

The YLW needs it's working hatchet.

just say no to Dark Age Gundams.

But working melee would be nice... though I hope it looks less like spastic headbutting than the HBS video did. Cuz TBH, that last set of PvP videos, the Commando doing melee looked ....really dumb.

#25 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hunchback IIC Hero still sucks.

Also Warrant could use a single Missile Hardpoint in the CT.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 May 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Hunchback IIC Hero still sucks.

Also Warrant could use a single Missile Hardpoint in the CT.

Warrant just needs a Cherry Pie cockpit item and it will be complete.

#27 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 May 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

It's just that it's not as interesting as the A/D/C or then S, hell even the Prime has 1B for a single machine-gun.

Omnipods can be switched, so other than the C-Bill bonus and the sick camo, there's not really much reason to use the Warrant above the A/D/C for their single ct energy hardpoint, or the S' JJ CT, if we're talking about optimizing builds and performance. It's just for grinding CBills and looking cool doing it.

One missile hardpoint would make it a better choice. There's not much one slot, and one missile could make it OP, just enough to make a difference.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 27 May 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#28 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 May 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

god damn it.

I read the post and thought: " What are you on about? Warrant needs a cherry pie cockpit item...WTF?"

Then it hit me and I laughed so hard I spit beer on my damn monitor and my wife thought I was choking to death.

As to this thread...move the IV-4's ct energy points into each torso. That would make me happy.

Edited by Bud Crue, 27 May 2017 - 03:40 PM.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 27 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

god damn it.

I read the post and thought: " What are you on about? Warrant needs a cherry pie cockpit item...WTF?"

Then it hit me and I laughed so hard I spit beer on my damn monitor and my wife thought I was choking to death.

Posted Image

My job here is done. I was worried after 6th Messenger's reply that folks would be to young to get the reference. And tell me that wouldn't make a fantastic warhorn? :P

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 May 2017 - 03:43 PM.

#30 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Lol ok.

I'm serious though, Warrant needs 1M to be an actual choice, cause that omni-pod switching kills it.

#31 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 May 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

I'm serious though, Warrant needs 1M to be an actual choice, cause that omni-pod switching kills it.

The Warrant is pretty fine in my book it have a left arm ballistic and a energy LT(?) without JJ it offer two good options, nothing to outer of the world, or have equipment that players would hate to see on the wolf ( Bounty Hunter Timberwolf with ECM hero). It's pretty tame for it and I like it.

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Just understand that the difference here (your request) and what PGI did is that they are adjusting mechs that have not been released yet so that's a fundamental difference.

I'm not against adjusting mechs, but the historical precedence is only altering mechs BEFORE release. The only major error was that Stalker loyalty variant that had more hardpoints than initially stated.

#33 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Another hero oldie that ought to get some love: Gimmie a Death's Knell with 2 of 4 energy hard points in the torsos.
Oh and give the Huggin back some cooldown love. And non hero: the Catapult A1...just 1 energy point...just one is all I am asking for.

#34 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 May 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

I'd say it wouldn't hav been an issue if maybe PGI had been smart and not given it 4 uber high ballistics to begin with, but the Thunder and Lightning Bears that became the Meta would disagree, I suppose. Still I hear that is falling away due to lack of mobility.... thus a 2x B KDK3 would probably not be an issue at all, now.

Sometimes it's a real race to see who can screw this game up worse, PGI or a certain vocal element of the playerbase. I suppose ultimately that still falls on PGI though.... as there is no reason they have to actually capitulate.

Is it June 1 yet?

just say no to Dark Age Gundams.

But working melee would be nice... though I hope it looks less like spastic headbutting than the HBS video did. Cuz TBH, that last set of PvP videos, the Commando doing melee looked ....really dumb.
I mean... That Commando*was* missing both arms.

#35 ShadeofHades

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 May 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

People didn't pay for quirks. In fact TBR and Nova didn't even have quirks when the packages were offered for early adopters.

Quirks are also always known to be fluid for balance reasons. Ain't one and the same thing.

I'm fairly certain there were some quirks on a few omnipods, actually - things to encourage the use of 1E arms, etc. Though it's been a couple years since that purchase period and I could be wrong.

Do note that I'm arguing FOR hardpoint additions, too - an extra hardpoint here and there could have easily avoided some of the silliest of the quirks during the great requirkenings.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 27 May 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I mean... That Commando*was* missing both arms.

so it should have been kicking.... instead it made the Black Knight look graceful and dangerous. ..... look..they cut my bloody arms off... so let's ram our cockpit into em...that'll do em!

#37 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostShadeofHades, on 27 May 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

I'm fairly certain there were some quirks on a few omnipods, actually - things to encourage the use of 1E arms, etc. Though it's been a couple years since that purchase period and I could be wrong.

Do note that I'm arguing FOR hardpoint additions, too - an extra hardpoint here and there could have easily avoided some of the silliest of the quirks during the great requirkenings.

Pretty sure quirks weren't added until well after the first Clan mechs were introduced

#38 ShadeofHades

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 27 May 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Pretty sure quirks weren't added until well after the first Clan mechs were introduced

Eh, they were at least being discussed just before the mechs hit - https://mwomercs.com...ions-on-reddit/

But I'll concede that I ordered them long before the quirks were known. It's irrelevant here, anyway, since this is about extra hardpoints being added after release.

#39 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:30 AM

Pretty Baby is such trash. Short on hardpoints and having them horribly placed - it needs more hardpoints, for sure.

Compare it to Misery, a far superior mech that has even been surpassed by the meta, and you see the problem.

#40 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 May 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

One missile hardpoint would make it a better choice. There's not much one slot, and one missile could make it OP, just enough to make a difference.

What would you actually put in it, though? A worthless streak missile? A non-Artemis launcher, requiring all your others to not have it too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users