You Want To Know What Players Think Of Balance Pgi?

101 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:12 AM

Run an event based on match score and see the chassis of mechs played.

Since the event started the light queue has been under 10% for the most part (with a few spikes), heavy above 40% almost consistently.

Lets face it, events based on match score where damage is king of score leaves the lights straggling as we can not either A.) match the damage or B.) live long enough to get it

Just pointing out this fact is all.

Your players are going for the easiest way to get damage. Its not lights

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

And what would you suggest them for requirements? 20 matches per class? Forcing players to play classes they do not like is just as bad.

Role warfare is long dead, and PGI will not be the one to fix that. Lights have been generally under 10% even without this event. Players like more dakka and the weight to carry them.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 May 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#3 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 27 May 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Since the event started the light queue has been under 10% for the most part (with a few spikes), heavy above 40% almost consistently.

Lets face it, events based on match score where damage is king of score leaves the lights straggling as we can not either A.) match the damage or B.) live long enough to get it

Once again, another player that either didn't play MW4:Mercs or has forgotten that lights in MWO are far better. You could not take a light and run it through an entire team of enemies and turn orange. You simply would die. Unlike in MW4, MWO's laser duration, LBX/SRM, and streaming Clan Missiles and Ballistic causes damage to be spread all over the mech. This did not happen in MW4 - all damage to one section in a single alpha (with very rare exceptions). Plus, in MW4 there were knockdowns, so if you as a light got knocked down you were dead.

Please, no more posts about how lights have it hard....no

#4 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

View PostCoolant, on 27 May 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Once again, another player that either didn't play MW4:Mercs or has forgotten that lights in MWO are far better. You could not take a light and run it through an entire team of enemies and turn orange. You simply would die. Unlike in MW4, MWO's laser duration, LBX/SRM, and streaming Clan Missiles and Ballistic causes damage to be spread all over the mech. This did not happen in MW4 - all damage to one section in a single alpha (with very rare exceptions). Plus, in MW4 there were knockdowns, so if you as a light got knocked down you were dead.

Please, no more posts about how lights have it hard....no

No doubt, but I do still miss my 3 er Courgar before MekTek killed it.. 3 HE anyone...lol

#5 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

Funny thing. One of my highest match scores since the event started was with me playing my Kit Fox Purifier. Go Figure.

#6 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Somebody has never killed over half the enemy team and scored a 1k damage in a light before.

#7 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Lights are not that popular for many reasons, one of major is that people go here to play big stompy robbits online, not small fast nimble robbits online. Hard to judge on balance since I haven't played that much after the tree, but I already seen lights winning games for their team and my std wolfhound is a damn tank now.

#8 JagdpantherX

• PipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

Lights sure can be hard to use, but, once you learn how to use them they are extremely useful. Can outright kill the heaviest of assaults at times and more often then not distract multiple people on the enemy team, letting your teamates deal the finishing blow.

#9 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Even I was playing Heavy for most of last night.

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 27 May 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

Somebody has never killed over half the enemy team and scored a 1k damage in a light before.

The ignorance...it burns!

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 27 May 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#10 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

As a counterpoint, this event also brought up tons of lurmboats to the field. I just destroyed 1054 missles in my AMS nova (would more, but I ran out of ammo). One could use this as an argument that lurmboats are OP.

#11 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

I decided to do this event in a triple AMS cutefox. Has been rather fun so far... when the opposition actually brings lrms, lurmageddon has been somewhat overstated i believe D:<

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

I dunno. I used my Firestarter in QP and managed to earn 200 match score on a loss. Guess it depends on the build.

Edited by MechaBattler, 27 May 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#13 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

I've done that in a Myth Lynx

I'm not gonna use a Myth Lynx
I'll bring a Nova, who regularly got me 400+ MS, and the AMS once gave me a 100 MS bonus

#14 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

The point isnt even lights being inferior. I bet if you look at the breakdown of mech to score over the event you'll see a significant lean toward a handful of mechs. Balance has a long way to go.

#15 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

Challenge excepted.

#16 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

I completed the even in 5 hours with just the javelin

Posted Image

Edited by King Alen, 27 May 2017 - 11:48 AM.

#17 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Is that so?

Posted Image

#18 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Do LRM Adders count?

#19 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Run the Iron Dome KFX with ECM + 3x AMS and farm match score destroying LRMs while you sit in the back with 2x CERLL and get a few pokes in here and there.

#20 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Given that 7 missiles destroyed by AMS now earns 1 match point... and its very possible for a single AMS to account for over 300 missiles in a match, actually installing them will buff your score enough to more than pay for themselves in your match performance figures. Not to mention the fact that for 1.5 tons... that's the equivalent of adding TEN TONS of armor to your mech and those of your team mates who your AMS has proteted...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users