Play Your Older Favorites, New Tree Awoken Many

6 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

I'm just putting this out there, but give some of those old favs a go. Many of you have 100's of mechs, and i'm sure many not played in a long time. I hoped onto my IS mechs, and been playing some oldies but goodies, and man i am surprised how awesome they have been.

Commando, Cataphract, HBK4G (now with ammo!), Dragon, Atlas to name a few. Someone said the other day, Wow i haven't see a Atlas K in forever. (talk about tanking power)

So i'm just saying, give some of those old classic IS mechs a shot, the ones that had their glory days. I think you might be surprised how some are handling the new tree.

Edited by JC Daxion, 27 May 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#2 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

When we get JJs that work, then Highlanders and Victors will come back as well.

#3 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

I actually saw a victor last night it actually had kills and respectable damage numbers on the kill board ... i was dumbfounded.

#4 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

View Postnitra, on 27 May 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

I actually saw a victor last night it actually had kills and respectable damage numbers on the kill board ... i was dumbfounded.

I've played mine recently. The biggest benefit is PGI fixing the missile tubes, now I mount 3 SRM6's and it doesn't stagger fire due to some of the launchers having 4 tubes. Didn't feel as squishy either, even with an XL.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 27 May 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Cataphract

Played it.

It's still awful.

#6 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

The game's no different, you stomp, you get stomped and very rarely you have a close game.
No one communicates and if they do, no one listens.

By all means pull out your "old mechs" but nothing's changed apart from the fact we are finding the new meta, once that's been worked out, the top mechs will be played and the crap ones will be stuck in the garage.

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 27 May 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

The game's no different, you stomp, you get stomped and very rarely you have a close game.
No one communicates and if they do, no one listens.

By all means pull out your "old mechs" but nothing's changed apart from the fact we are finding the new meta, once that's been worked out, the top mechs will be played and the crap ones will be stuck in the garage.

This is true but the top mechs have changed a bit which is the point I think the OP is making. He is saying take your mechs for a spin because you might be surprised. On the other hand, some of my favorites are now in the trash heap so I guess it has been a trade off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users