- - - - -

Faction Play Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 Maineiacal Maineiac

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

When I click on Fight Now, it takes me to a second screen. So I click on fight again, and the little things goes round and round, and never takes me to a fight.

I had briefly used the old Faction Play system. Never had a problem getting into a fight, getting out (alive) was a different story.

It says I have 240 tons in my drop deck (actually 239.9). I've signed a contract with the top clan outfit.

I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

#2 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

The main issue with the updated faction play UI is that we can't see how many players are waiting at the moment.

I'd guess most of the players are still burned out on faction after the event.

#3 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

People are probably busy completing the current event, playing in quick play queue to get faster matches.

#4 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Yeah the current event is pulling people away from FP/CW coz match score is faster in QP + people are burnt out from tukayid 3. And if your in oceanic peak time it will take a long time to get a drop + other FP/CW issues.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 28 May 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

So yeah, as mentioned, we are missing out on the old player's waiting count. Another issue is the player base seems to lean clan heavy right now. At least my IS alt gets matches fairly quickly.

Also, there's the solo dropping issue in that the system needs to find eleven others to make a group, and then, cuz of the new ui leaving out player numbers, you can't tell if you're in a group waiting to hit the lobby, or if you're still searching for that last member.

I know sometimes my unit'll launch n' wait for minutes whilst other battle groups get a match set up.

If you have Team speak hop on to one of the various teamspeaks so you can chat mechwarrior while you wait. Or, you know, other inconsequential stuffs as is often the case. Also it could help you find a group of like minded pilots to drop with and team up to try and speed up the group finding process.

Good luck out there.

~Leone.

#6 Maineiacal Maineiac

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

Thanks, finally got into a fight. Horribly unbalanced, but that's the luck of the draw.

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Even when you are loyalist or enlisted merc, you will see those call to arms flashes in mechlab. That's usually a good indication that you might be able to get into that kind of fight, if you join fast. Remember it can be invasion or scouting, and you should have your deck ready, as the team can complete fast.

It's not guaranteed though, it can mean some 10 man team just dropped into queue and they get the remaining 2 players fast and I think 2 man groups get priority over solo players in such situation. Sometimes if you take such a call to arms and you get stuck into waiting for few minutes, it might mean the team completed already and you are now in second incomplete team which could wait forever, so it might be a good idea not to wait for 5 minutes or more. And yeah previously you could see how many players are currently in queue, but now you go in blind.

Another thing is time of day. I think FP is mostly played during evening in US time. But even at best times the waiting time in FP is longer than in QP.

Overall the most best time is when there's an event going on, because that's when a lot of players are playing it, and also that's when a lot of casual players are playing it, so other casual players have better chances to play againts casuals and thus better chances to win.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

Ye as the others have said, give it a few days till the event ends.

Also - You're better off in a group. The larger the group generally the faster you find matches.

What will be happening at the moment is this.

- You and 10 other people are searching "solo", you are 10th in line
- 3 large teams come along. Both have 8-10 players each and need 2-4 solos
- It might take them 5mins each to find a game
- 2 groups of 10 pass along, plus one 12 man - effectively meaning you are waiting at the bottom
- You must wait till "your turn" in said queue being #10, that could be 30mins+ in low population times.

That is the most likely scenario and dropping FP alone is not recommended. Get onto a TS hub, join a team, find matches faster.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 29 May 2017 - 07:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users