#1 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

----> https://github.com/M...e/issue-tracker

This is like a community-maintained bug list. You need a GitHub account in order to contribute. Sign up here and make sure you validate your email, or you will not be able to perform any actions.

"How can I help?"

You can help by upvoting issues that resonate with you. If it's worth fixing, upvote it. The more people upvoting, the better. Our hope is that with enough community input, PGI can utilise this list to find the issues that the community most wants to be addressed, no matter how big or small.

You can also submit your own issues, but please use the search feature to ensure that your issue hasn't already been submitted by someone else.

If you are new to GitHub (don't be afraid, I was too!), you'll find all the info you need on the front page linked at the top of the post.

#2 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

I like it.

Is there a reason to believe that Russ or other decisions makers are aware of this/these efforts? If not, then it behooves those of you who have a twitter account or other means of productively engaging the powers that be, to inform them of the GitHub efforts.
Just my 2 c-bills.

#3 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 May 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Is there a reason to believe that Russ or other decisions makers are aware of this/these efforts?

I received the following from TauSentry, who started up this issue tracker:

1) Some people at PGI are already aware of the Unofficial MWO Issue Tracker. According to Chris, he has... "seen a few talks crop up about it and what you guys have already posted there"

2) Chris has forwarded my proposal on to the production team to handle how they see fit. Now it's just a waiting game.

3) Chris also expressed concern that the issues be kept up-to-date, i.e. closed whenever PGI addresses any in a release. I assured him that PGI's role is completely hands-off when it comes to maintaining the issue tracker because it is (and will continue to be) community-managed.

4) The crucial issue... Chris relayed that the issues would need significantly more people voting on them to be seen as an acceptable sample size.

Edited by Tarogato, 21 May 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#4 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:02 AM

*bump*

The issue tracker is going strong, but it needs your help!

Here are the top five upvoted issues at the moment:

- Display kill count in all game modes (Conquest, Domination) - 21 votes
- FP: dropship drops you outside the map and you suffer leg damage - 10 votes
- FP: dropdeck screen won't go away - 10 votes
- FP: droship drops mech through the map - 9 votes
- Invisible walls on HPG Manifold and other space-maps - 9 votes

Please help us vote up issues that deserve to be addressed so that PGI knows what we want fixed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users