3 replies to this topic

#1 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

I bought a HMN-B and it was a fun and joy to run it - smooth in handling and a decent punch.
High mounted shoulder weapons and a small profile plus superb Class IV jets are solid.

I consider to take a Pakhet and to carry the concept of a long range skirmisher to an extreme.
(the goal is not killing but to keep the other team busy and off balance - not a glorious role usually filled by squirels)

Trees:
https://kitlaan.gitl...f0a93&s=Weapons

As you see there are still some points to spend. So i can test some ER-Laser builds as well .

What do you think?

I realized its basically the TDR-9S with more mobility for 15t less
TDR-9S

Edited by Karl Streiger, 30 May 2017 - 01:18 AM.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:28 AM

2 C-ER PPCs work well for many mediums.

This is how I'd run it on a Pahket
PAKHET

I must say though, the Hunstman is my least favorite mech to run this build on. It works well enough, but the Huntsman, and the Pahket in particular, are such fantastic SRM brawlers it seems like a waste to make them snipers.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 30 May 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

2 C-ER PPCs work well for many mediums.

This is how I'd run it on a Pahket
PAKHET

I must say though, the Hunstman is my least favorite mech to run this build on. It works well enough, but the Huntsman, and the Pahket in particular, are such fantastic SRM brawlers it seems like a waste to make them snipers.

I tested it with the Huntsman B (I did take the ST of the A so i have ERPPCs on both shoulders - not optimal but its more flexible (i can peak around both corners).... and it does work - as estimated not overly fantastic but the combination of mobility and range plus the hard hitting of dual PPCs is ok

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 30 May 2017 - 01:05 AM, said:

I bought a HMN-B and it was a fun and joy to run it - smooth in handling and a decent punch.
High mounted shoulder weapons and a small profile plus superb Class IV jets are solid.

I consider to take a Pakhet and to carry the concept of a long range skirmisher to an extreme.
(the goal is not killing but to keep the other team busy and off balance - not a glorious role usually filled by squirels)

I love and use the Huntsmen almost strictly now. I have a Huntsmen for every flavor, and own seven of them (yes, you read that right).

I find that the dual ERPPC is more useful on something other than the hero version. Though I have my Hero with SRMs and ERLLs, I do have a dual ERPPC version as well. Out of all my Huntsmen, the dual ERPPC version is one of the less effective ones (for me). It does well, but not as well as my SRM Hero, or my LRM Prime seems to work (I use LRMs in a vastly different manner than most people, so mileage may very).

Personally, I don't have any issue with how your build is. My only suggestion (which may be just me) would be to maintain the full hero set bonus, and place those ERPPCs in the arms. However, your design does have merit as it does have dual AMS (something I've been tempted to try myself).

Basically, it's very doable and can be very effective. Good for patient pilots, so don't rush out and try to brawl with it. (I know, stating the obvious.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users