• Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

Yo Marik,

We kinda sucked at Tuk 3. Like a lot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSrAybdeM0Xoizekc9nj3S_gytv0hstR8XxbUaweozE/edit#gid=1004596245

Our top loyalist units did not show up. We were at the bottom for participation and winning percentage. We need to wake up and put some effort in. Those numbers are embarrassing.

Edited by Cato Zilks, 01 June 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

Too much Space Bacon... They've lost the will to fight.

#3 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

Hey Cato you should know by now the Tukk events were a crap shoot. Marik fielded the second highest amount of pilots during the event at least.

The event just didn't feel as important as the first one, and from the look of it - it wasn't.

#4 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Having any actual presence can be considered a success, from what I have seen lately.

A lot of the carrying forces either stopped caring on switched loyality.

#5 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostGrothlamarath, on 02 June 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

Hey Cato you should know by now the Tukk events were a crap shoot. Marik fielded the second highest amount of pilots during the event at least.

The event just didn't feel as important as the first one, and from the look of it - it wasn't.

It was almost entirely Merc forces carrying. If you look at the link I have a tab for Loyalists by faction and Marik scores the worst. Even Liao did better.

#6 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

doesn't help when all the big merc units jump to clan. every single time we have a tukiad battle.

#7 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

Statistically speaking, that is not true. Clan Loyalist groups made the top 25 boards more often than IS and among the top 20 Merc groups it was close to even (6 of the top ten were clan and 10 of the top 20). BCMC went IS and they had the highest win percentage of any team. Evil, 228, Irex, NS, 54MR, and MS are all major merc groups that were IS for the event. Again, look at the numbers:

https://docs.google....#gid=1919375867

#8 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

A lot of it has to do with experience. Who in Marik actively drops in FW anymore? If Brawling Bear was on he could always draw a crowd, same for Tanner. You have to get folks playing to be good at the mode.

#9 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostLovas, on 13 June 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

A lot of it has to do with experience. Who in Marik actively drops in FW anymore? If Brawling Bear was on he could always draw a crowd, same for Tanner. You have to get folks playing to be good at the mode.

The last time I saw Jonathan Tanner he was sporting a Davion tag (maybe even HHOD at that) . I only remember it because I thought it was odd at the time.

Also remember that Marik and Liao had high participation rates from pugs because both had 30% contract bonuses. With out that I have no doubt that Mariks (and Liao) participation would have been far worse than it was. The flip side is the win/loss ratio might have been better

#10 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

Slide, you made my day.
No, Tanner has not nor will he ever have a davion tag (or Liao for that matter). He is in BCMC, a merc.
My point was is there is almost no Marik loyalist dropping in FW in bulk anymore. There are some smaller loyalist in their own TS but the FWLM as an organized place is dead for FW.

Edited by Lovas, 14 June 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#11 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

View PostLovas, on 14 June 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

No, Tanner has not nor will he ever have a davion tag (or Liao for that matter). He is in BCMC, a merc.

Which is why I thought it was odd. Maybe there is another Tanner of some form out there.

FWIW, Marik has never had any kind of presence in OC TZ, except for maybe some random Mercs passing through. Not even much in the way of pugs either.

#12 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Yea, since my time in Marik it was all NA time zone stuff. Again, at least in the FWLM TS hub anyhoo. But that is all gone now - not much different than Kurita.

#13 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

BW dropped in some scouting but no one wants to do Faction play anymore. I already had 2 IS lost banners i didn't really need another one.

I am still really hoping for these loyalist events coming someday...

#14 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 05 June 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

doesn't help when all the big merc units jump to clan. every single time we have a tukiad battle.

228 has been IS for two of the Tukkyaid events as has other merc units. We were Marik for this event so not entiely sure what your point is other than trying to unfairly bash merc units.

#15 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

OK, so let me weigh in here. First, I am pretty proud of the 1FWG. We were the top FWLM unit (the website/TS) and number 2 loyalist behind a group I've never seen or heard of. I'm also proud and impressed that 5 of the 7 loyalist units come from the FWLM (the website/TS).

Second, 1FWG and the Widows were in MRBC and pretty burned out from it all. Tuk was a last minute call and few even care. FW has no meaning now that PGI made it an US vs THEM game.

Third, 1FWG lost more than a dozen players to the bigger units including Tanner, Beaver, and Lovas, as well as an equal number who called it quits because PGI refuses to address their concerns and panders to an unknown element.

Lastly, Marik was at the top of the IS leaderboard until the last few hours and 1FWG was as high as #5 of Marik's total units. marik was the smallest loyalist population excluding Smoke jag. Don't be too hard on yourselves.

War Steiner, Lt Col
1FWG, FWLM

#16 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

^ Have to agree with Steiner. I'd say our remaining top brass was more rapped up with the bracket fights at the time. I still participated whole sale in the event along with a handful of other 1FWG and some stragglers from the FLWM.

I was also watching our Unit and Faction brackets. Our combined Loyalty points actually exceeded the number 1 (Marik) loyalist unit by a fair margin, they just performed better/ had a more active season. (Probably an indication they might not be a "loyalist" group)

So at least on that behalf, I can say that the at very least the 1FWG along with general FLWM pulled weight and won matches during the event like any other previously. I agree that it might not being saying all that much as some of those numbers indicate. I've also noticed the sheer amount of people generally being offline. I have found home units in SPHM (Associated Mercs), MGA / countless other FLWM players in between my stay in the 1FWG and my friends list is nearly dead compared to Faction Play Beta's. Some players moved to other loyalties, some felt a type of way about the development, some are probably just waiting for some type of reformation of community to come along for them rather than showing up themselves.

I've come back to MWO maybe once/twice a year since the second round of closed beta invites. As far as our community goes, if I was players like Grinster, Rohan, Shane, Steiner, ect who've kept the web/VP services up as well as an organized home for Mariks this wholeeeee time I'd be totally burnt out of playing tbh.
-Fryepod

Edited by JustCaustic, 20 June 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#17 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

Many of the old guard, including myself, left the game when certain mechanics were introduced that strayed too far from what MW/Battletech was. PGI began catering to/caving into non-BT-universe "suggestions" (read: demands) by those that either obviously never played a MW game in their life or felt the game wasn't "rewarding" enough. Honestly though, I began to question changes moving away from canonical lore long before when Microsoft chose to force an omni-pod loadout for IS mechs in MW3(?) & MW4. Unfortunately Battletech by HBS, that just came out, did the same there in that respect.

In any case, it's good to see Marik still relatively active. Posted Image

<S>

#18 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

View PostAuGuR, on 06 May 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

Many of the old guard, including myself, left the game when certain mechanics were introduced that strayed too far from what MW/Battletech was. PGI began catering to/caving into non-BT-universe &quot;suggestions&quot; (read: demands) by those that either obviously never played a MW game in their life or felt the game wasn't &quot;rewarding&quot; enough. Honestly though, I began to question changes moving away from canonical lore long before when Microsoft chose to force an omni-pod loadout for IS mechs in MW3(?) &amp; MW4. Unfortunately Battletech by HBS, that just came out, did the same there in that respect.

In any case, it's good to see Marik still relatively active. Posted Image

&lt;S&gt;

Careful, might look salty... on a year old thread... ;)

#19 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 06 May 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Careful, might look salty... on a year old thread... Posted Image

Posted Image

Not like faction play is alive and well in other units in the FWLM sadly enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users