Sync Drops And Group Wait Time Fix.

2 replies to this topic

#1 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

It has come to my attention that this "sync dropping" is against the rules and after some research I see it has been a issue for quite some time in this game. I know it can work cause I was doing it recently with my brother. Our reason for doing it is the the group queue takes too long and the teams there suck worse, in my experience.

So let us advise the devs how to fix this. It's pretty simple, program the mm that no players of the same unit and or friends list can be on the same team in quick play. That's it, probably eliminate 99% of it or more.

There is another option that would also solve it and the group queue wait time but I suspect this will be met with much hostility. And that would be to unify the quick play and group queues. For this to work would need to limit group size to no more than 3 players and only 1 group per team. I know some will likely say this will make it too easy for 3 good players to group and own every one. I say if you're team is unable to coordinate enough to beat 3 players then that is showing how bad your team was not how good they were. You already get one sided teams fairly often in quick play so this system would not shift the balance.

One last thing I will touch on. To unify the group and solo queues they would all use the solo leader board. Am I saying to just delete the group leader board? No I'm saying it should be moth balled until such a time that enough players are playing the game to make group play in it's current form viable. So Ideally it would only be a temporary change.

#2 A Baoa Qu

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Units get big, and this causes accidental sync drops. I have been put into the same team with an another pilot from my unit in solo queue at least six times during these past six months. We did not try to coordinate this in any way. Oddly enough, I think the matchmaker has put us into opposite teams a lot less often.

The real issue here are not the units doing this, they would be easily caught and would lose a lot of rep. But nothing stops the masses of twitch followers of certain players from doing sync drops. They can easily be all from different units and don't need to friend each other in-game. All they need is their twitch chat or third party voip for the coordination. I just had a miserable night in the solo queue where the enemy teams could even split up into smaller groups all over the map and still rofflestomped my teams every time. Their lances would focus fire targets at every turn while my teams could not. Sometimes someone from the enemy team even advertised that they were Twitch streaming it. And no, these individuals were not some sort of superhumans who carried the match. It could be someone in just a scout mech, capping base while others in their team fought and had a synced poptarting manouver going on where four mechs kept six to eight mechs pinned down. This sort of a thing does NOT randomly happen in solo QP.

These people are ruining the solo QP on purpose and laughing at us like its some great joke. And they'll never be caught.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:44 AM

Two players from the same unit out of 24 players is a likely a coincidence. I'm even willing to accept it being a matchmaker coincidence when two players from one unit end up on one team, and two from another unit are together on the other team. However when seven players from the same unit... with 5 one one team and 2 on the other, and one of them says in the all chat "guess who got screwed on the sync drop" and that they'd given up waiting for a match on the group queue.. well that's not a coincidence. I just got shuffled into a game with such an occurrence a couple mins ago... and now an email is going off to moderation with screen caps.

Edited by Dee Eight, 18 December 2017 - 02:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users