[Suggestion] - What Happens After Taking Over A Planet In Community Warfare (Faction Play)

3 replies to this topic

Poll: If a select group of players take over a certain planet (or even possibly a spacestation), they have the right to buy new or unlisted content with CBills (9 member(s) have cast votes)

If a select group of players take over a certain planet (or even possibly a spacestation), they have the right to buy new or unlisted content with CBills

1. Yes (8 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

In the Battletech universe companies make the mechs, weapons, ships, prototypes, etc.. that we use.

If a select group of players take over a certain planet (or even possibly a spacestation), they have the right to buy new or unlisted content with CBills from these companies.

Also, anyone can have access to new or unlisted content and can buy them with MC on the Main Screen in the Store as well (but not with CBills).

This creates an incentive for people to PLAY community warfare instead of Quick Play.

Also please check out a semi-related Suggestion I made a long time ago about how to implement bounty hunting, and a Discussion about prototype implementation.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by m, 03 June 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

This is pretty much what PGI planed to do for FW when they started development. There is even a Video where they talk about these kind of features in detail.

I don't know why they dropped it but its sad that they had to / did.

#3 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 04 June 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

I don't know why they dropped it but its sad that they had to / did.

Well what I suggest is similar. Regardless, if they proceed forward with the next generation of mechs, weapons, etc. I would love to see them for sale with MC in the store and have the opportunity to purchase them with CBills in Faction Play (Community Warfare).

I don't want to be handed anything that is next-gen in the store for CBills. If people come in late and pay for next-gen with MC then so be it, but they should still have to do Faction Play (get to that special store on that special planet) to outfit their next-gen mech with next-gen weapons and tech for CBills. This would encourage people to join houses or clans not just for contract reasons but for mechs or tech that they want.

I want to know that if I take over a planet and hold it for profit (CBills), I can pretty much alleviate the fact of spending MC to fine tune next-gen things that I just became eligible to purchase for that short time while I am there. Heck this could also bring in auction houses where people could buy a load of mechs or weapons and sell them off for profit after taking over a planet. Could seriously change the game around which would be pretty cool in an almost addictive/blizzard kind of way.

Edited by m, 04 June 2017 - 04:28 PM.

#4 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

You should get access to cockpit items and/or decals relating to the victory. I don't mind if it's for C-Bills or MC.

Also, it should be for a limited timeframe for every player involved in the planet's capture/liberation, not just for the unit who did the most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users