Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

https://mwomercs.com...-war-escalation

#2 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

Wow, it already has someone complaining.

I personally love this mech selection. Nova Cat's gonna be my new jam, I think.

EDIT; Holy crap, half the Arctic Wolf variants are standard battlemechs. Nice nod to the lore, considering it exists in both omni and standard form variants on the tabletop.

Edited by Catten Hart, 02 June 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#3 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Nova Cat is tempting. But I would really liked to have seen the piranha come out. Clan lights need some more options. Also PGI signature mech.

#4 AbyssalTyrant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

No fafnir makes me sad but oh well , what can you do.

#5 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Only Alex can make an ugly Mech like the Nightstar look good, I am considering buying one.

#6 Destoroyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

View Postshopsmart, on 02 June 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Nova Cat is tempting. But I would really liked to have seen the piranha come out. Clan lights need some more options. Also PGI signature mech.

Got to agree with you on the piranha. It's been how long and clans still don't got a 20 tonner!

#7 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

I'm ready to see the blackhawk KU.

Also it's kinda sad how the Arctic Wolf can never have both jumpjets and a big engine Posted Image

#8 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

Why are you guys still selling mechs in 3 packs? There is no A La Carte function either. I see no use in buying three anymore and would rather buy 1 of each. At least give your customer base more options.

I'd buy all 4 I just don't need 12 mechs if all I want are 1 at most 2 of each chassis. Come on guys, change your market /sales options. You've already outdated the need for the pokemech 3 mech idea with your skill tree.

#9 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 02 June 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

EDIT; Holy crap, half the Arctic Wolf variants are standard battlemechs. Nice nod to the lore, considering it exists in both omni and standard form variants on the tabletop.

Nice catch. I'm sure people will complain because the battlemechs are reinforcements and heroes. Still, I think that's pretty nifty.

#10 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostBluttrunken, on 02 June 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

You didn't even release the first batch of Civil War mechs so far. WTF.

The first batch was very bad for the IS, both regarding FCCW lore and (expected) performance. So this pack is most welcome providing the IS with capable Mechs which actually served in the FCCW on a larger scale.

#11 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 02 June 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Also it's kinda sad how the Arctic Wolf can never have both jumpjets and a big engine Posted Image

I think that's meant to be covered by the "Arctic Cheetah" ("ACH") Chassis, as well as the "Kit Fox" ("KFX") Chassis. There's going to be a difference in available tonnage and options, ACH vs. KFX vs. ACW, with each having their own roles on the battlefield. :huh:

Unfortunately, I'm expecting a severe amount of confusion and whining, given a lack of variants on the additional Clan Mechs with certain options. I'll be watching this thread, directly because of that. That, and the possible indications of P2W with the Nova Cat's OmniPods. Something about those placements doesn't seem right. :(

~D. V. "Engine, OmniPods, Roles... Problems, perhaps?" Devnull

#12 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostAbyssalTyrant, on 02 June 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

No fafnir makes me sad but oh well , what can you do.

Wait for it... it will come...

#13 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 02 June 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

The first batch was very bad for the IS, both regarding FCCW lore and (expected) performance. So this pack is most welcome providing the IS with capable Mechs which actually served in the FCCW on a larger scale.

well, in fairness, the Annihilator's whole claim-to-fame bit for around Civil War was that the Wolf's Dragoons actually started selling the design to people outside their unit, that, and they seem to be tossing in Jade Falcon Incursion mechs as well, which the Dragoons factored heavily in.

The Uziel actually saw a decent amount of use in the Civil War, just not as much as mechs like, say, the Osiris we're getting now, the Argus or IS Omnis like the Templar and Sunder

as for getting the Nightstar, which has always been a nasty mech, it's just nice to get one of the iconic IS assaults, because it really is one.

Edited by Arkhangel, 02 June 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#14 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

My body is ready for that Nightstar.

#15 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

Osiris - terrible? There is a 6 medium laser right poker but rest look like a hot hard point mess

Nightstar - Cbill bonus variants aren't interesting but it's like a king crab with much higher arms and can mount 4 AC10s/UAC10s/Rotary 5s, has an ECM variant. Con: WTF are the floating side torsos

Arctic Wolf - both battlemech and omnimech variants? The omnimech can be 5 missile slots with ECM + 2 energy, or 4 missiles with JJs. Kinda interesting. Omnimech has 8 missile slots with uncapped engine! Also, look at the height of those missile slots! Only con is the hero variant is a mess.

Nova cat - basically 70 ton Night Gyr with optional JJs, standard armor, and due to speed can either laser vomit or lrm... if you opt to pop tart the PPCs have to be in the arms. Pass..

Tempted to buy Night star and Arctic Wolf but the Heros aren't good, there's no premium time, won't qualify for any of the bonus rewards since you need to get both IS or both Clans... oh well, despite buying 2 ultimate packs and 1 collectors from the Civil War 4 packs, I will pass on this set

Edited by NlGHTBlRD, 02 June 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

Objectively speaking?

Very few light mechs will revolutionize that tonnage range right now. Having said that, the IS could have done a hell of a lot worse than what they got. The Osiris could be a fun little mech. Never caught my fancy, but it is a strange bird with decent firepower potential.

Nightstar is basically locked in as a metamech par excellence. Even before the new weapon options. Even if it didn't get access to UAC, Heavy PPC, or what have you, the mech is basically all see-it-shoot-it. The lowest mounted weapon is in the head, and that is only just below the cockpit. Gonna be a scary threat on the fields.

Arctic Wolf is a fantastic choice for a 40-ton Clan option. What the Viper is for speed, the Arctic Wolf is for raw firepower. That said, I think it would be fair to make parallels to the Assassin. It's basically a Clan Assassin, except, being Clan, it has the CXL and half-weight SRM tubes, meaning a higher firepower potential. Alternatively, with ATM, it might be a nice little platform to print damage with. An omni-build that comes to mind involves 2E 5M and either ECM or Jump Jets, your choice. For a 50 ton mech, that's a fantastic set of hardpoints, let alone a 40 ton one. The hero Battlemech is odd, but probably will be best utilized as a heavy laser delivery platform. Maybe 4xHMLas and 2 HMG. Room permits, maybe an ATM3, as well.

As for the Nova Cat, what can I say? Finally a good Clan 70-ton mech? And I mean legitimately good. Not "good in only one or two roles," good. Like the NTG, the NCT will have an assault mech's firepower on a heavy mech's frame. It should be capable of jumping slightly better than the NTG, though slightly worse than the SMN. Arms seem similar to the NTG for relative placement to the cockpit, meaning "high enough" for a poptart. Not knuckle dragging, anyways. It won't be as good for ballistics as the NTG, but it will be a superior missile, laser, and hybrid build mech. NTG will edge out the NCT in pure dakka.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 02 June 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#17 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

Over a year of campaigning for the Nightstar has finally paid off!

#18 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

My only problem with all of these mechs is simple. I'm not really liking or I have a mech that already does something similar to what the three 'basic' builds do, hardpoint wise. The only mechs I'm interested in are the reinforcements and the Hero mechs and they're behind the paywall of needing to purchase the standard pack first. Since you've already removed the premium time from the standard packs, is there any way we can just purchase the Hero or the reinforcements packs without needing the standard first? If we could do that then I'd be pre-ordering, if not then yeah, I'll pass.

#19 BurningDesire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

View Postrolly, on 02 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Why are you guys still selling mechs in 3 packs? There is no A La Carte function either. I see no use in buying three anymore and would rather buy 1 of each. At least give your customer base more options.

I'd buy all 4 I just don't need 12 mechs if all I want are 1 at most 2 of each chassis. Come on guys, change your market /sales options. You've already outdated the need for the pokemech 3 mech idea with your skill tree.

yer why cant we have A la carte now??? i just want to buy heros and maybe 1 or 2 standard variants

#20 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Van Gogh Nightstar Collector's camo.
Clever.

Not a big fan of the way the giant square lasers look like on the Osiris, though. Definitely prefer the original laser barrels.

Shame, no Argus though. No Quadrupeds either.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 02 June 2017 - 08:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users