#21 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostStf Sgt Marblez, on 01 December 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

I had a feeling that would be the case, but then again I like living life on the edge....ish lol Posted Image

Its a lot better with an LFE and 2 UAC/2s because cooldown nodes don't work with RACs. With the quirks and cooldown skills, you can get the UAC/2s to 8.5 DPS each when D-tapping. 17 DPS is not quite the 20 DPS of the 2 RAC/5s, but its pretty damn close. Something like this; http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9e2c08e61cf1e5a (don't use the small lasers unless in dire straights)

Edited by Athom83, 01 December 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#22 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 07 June 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Yeah, I like the BJ1 AC2 build. Oodles of fun, but don't expect to pull huge damage and kill numbers. You can be decently effective though for your size, and can be a useful suppression mech. You have to be super aware of your positioning and be an excellent focus fire/team player, and work like heck to get a decent game, but it is rewarding.

The BJ-1 It did get a slight nerf on its chassis quirks, so I think it is slightly less effective than it used to be, but it wasn't killed.
The BJ-1DC I think might be a hidden gem, its ballistic cooldown was not nerfed at all. No jumpjets but one of the fastest ballistic cooldowns available. An LB10X on it fires absurdly quickly!

BJ-1DC? Gauss works (Gauss, 5x ERML, XL225). AC/20 works (drop the ERMLs, add 2 MLs). You won't even miss the jump jets- you won't have time, as fast as the big gun cools down!

Athom83 said:

Its a lot better with an LFE and 2 UAC/2s because cooldown nodes don't work with RACs. With the quirks and cooldown skills, you can get the UAC/2s to 8.5 DPS each when D-tapping. 17 DPS is not quite the 20 DPS of the 2 RAC/5s, but its pretty damn close. Something like this; http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9e2c08e61cf1e5a (don't use the small lasers unless in dire straights)

Skip the lasers, use a LFE225 with one external DHS (heat efficiency is still stupidly good), add a JJ for giggles, and load up on ammo. You have a potential for 900 damage there without accounting for criticals and ammo cookoffs. No excuse to not break 500/match if the team doesn't get deathballed right off.

No backup weapons, you say? I agree. Go all-in on the ballistic primaries. Use the silly skill shrub nodes, and the jam time on those UAC/2s is nothing anyhow. If you even live long enough to burn all your ammo, well then go meatshield for someone. Blackjacks are great little mechs. I can't believe I hated them when they first came out...

Edited by Not A Real RAbbi, 31 December 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#23 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostSirSoggyDog, on 30 November 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Briefly, until the ammo runs out....

#24 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

I used to run it quite a lot, in a superstock configuration with 2xAC/2 and 4xML.

It's not AWFUL, but a little bit difficult to do well in. I bet I actually did more work with those ML's and than the AC/2's. However the AC/2's were fun so I ran it a lot anyway.

It's one of these 'mechs that struggles to find a role in this game. It's a relatively light, medium-speed fire-support 'mech. Nothing wrong with that, but since we have no economy in this game, there's no real reason to do medium-speed fire support with a 45-tonner.

View Postxengk, on 24 July 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

BJ-1 upgraded with CW Tech.
Dual UAC2 replaced old AC2
Replace 4 ML with 2 erML
Increase JJ to 4 for better getting on to high ground to rain suppression.
Add an extra DHS, UAC2 generate alot of heat when it doesnt jam
Downgrade FF to LFF, to free up more crit space
Download engine from XL235 to XL 255, lost about 3 kph of speed

...this actually looks pretty fun. I think I'll throw this build in my BJ-1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users