Qaud Ppc + Quad Gauss Super Heavy!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

This is made up, but this should represent what it would take for a mech to boat Qaud Gauss/PPC reasonably and without quirks. Although using the new skill system at max heat bonuses(Weapons and Operations trees). Unless I did some math wrong.

Edit: NVM, it would take a heavier mech with only endo to get this same boat.... Probably around 165tons and no AMS while using Qaud Guass/PPC. Although near 180 tons may get ams and weapons. Also, depending on if, "Skeletal Density," skill adds weight or not you may need to avoid using it. A smaller STD engine might help also. It may even require a 200+ ton mech.

Edit2: And it may never actually be possible because of pre used slots. I assumed 78 were available on empty... Live and learn!

Edit3: Just read a rule that super heavies equipment takes up half the critical slots.. We may still be in business!

This is a clan mech: (*New 180 tons with half equipment slots!)

https://tarogato-mwo...4c-f941d4e888b8

Name: King Yema
Weight: 150tons (*180 tons)
Max engine Rating: 400
Default Engine: 400XL
Max armor: 1000(30 tons)(*1200(36) tons)

Hardpoints:

Left Leg: -
Left Arm: 1xBalistic, 1xEnergy
Left Torso: 1xBalistic, 1xEnergy
Center Torso: 2xAMS
Head: 1xAMS
Right Torso: 1xBalistic, 1xEnergy
Right Arm: 1xBalistic, 1xEnergy
Right Leg: -

Basic Equipment:

Weapons: 4xGauss, 4xPPC
AMSx3 (*3xC-LAMS, 3xC-AMS, or mix. **1xLAMS,2xAMS)
Armor: Ferro (*Standard?)
Structure: Endo
Heatsinks: Double(26 total)
Ammo: 8 tons gauss, 1 tons ams (*6.5+? tons Guass, possible ams ammo. **9.5 tons Guass+AMS ammo)

Armor(Structure):
Arms: 96(48)
Side torsos: 120/24(72)
Center Torso: 180/34(107)
Legs: 144(72)
Head: 18(15)

(*Note: Note using the survival tree, assuming skeletal density adds tonnage, will get you a simpler setup as far as ammo goes. Or it allows 3xLAMS with more ammo towards gauss. I have been told it does not add weight.)

Alternatively it could have 2 ballistics in each arm and room for 2 gauss each and no actuators if that is possible. But it could not swing it's arms.

The only way to get it on a lighter mech would be to use Endo and Ferro and possibly use Armor skill to reduce weight more by reducing to the original armor values after skill bonuses applied. But I don't know if it's feasible. It might take up too many slots. And this is using a normal XL engine. I'm assuming it might need a bigger one like the XXL I've read about.l

Edited by Arugela, 05 June 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#2 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

No, the meta tryhards are bad enough already.

#3 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe Sandhills of NC

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

The mech you've designed already exists except it's called the Omega;

http://www.sarna.net...ega_(BattleMech)

Honestly, super-heavy mechs are what happens when someone does not understand the concept of diminishing returns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users