HELP!

8 replies to this topic

#1 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

I've always loved Panthers since playing TT, but I'm having a bad time with the low energy points. Which lights have the highest points? I'm always aiming with advance zoom and melting gophers.

#2 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Ravens, Jenner IICs, Arctic Cheetahs, and maybe one or two others that aren't coming to my mind right now.

#3 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Locusts, Jenners and Ravens if you're looking for highest arm hardpoints. ACH for highest torso hardpoint, and probably Kit Fox (either KFX-S ballistic, or KFX-PR energy).

You shouldn't be using Advanced Zoom if you can help it. Unless you have Arm Lock on, the aim point is never correct for arm-mounted weapons. And on a light, this means that you're really restricting yourself by locking your maximum tracking speed to your torso yaw.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 06 June 2017 - 05:33 PM.

#4 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

The CT hardpoint on Adders is above the cockpit if you can stand using them

#5 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 06 June 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

The CT hardpoint on Adders is above the cockpit if you can stand using them

It's also a 1-slot one, meaning that you can't really fit anything too big on it. ERLL at most, or maybe MPL. Nothing really useful goes in there...

#6 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

Thanks guys... I have 3 Ravens, 3 Cheetahs, They just don't seem as tanky as my Panthers. I'll mess with some loadouts and see what happens.

Has anyone ever tried a slow Raven? LOL

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostAureliusDean, on 07 June 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Thanks guys... I have 3 Ravens, 3 Cheetahs, They just don't seem as tanky as my Panthers. I'll mess with some loadouts and see what happens.

Has anyone ever tried a slow Raven? LOL

The classic build for the RVN-4X is actually a very slow one, with a XL 190, an AC20 and 4 tons of ammo. It's a very nasty surprise for unsuspecting targets.

As for why Ravens and Cheetahs don't feel as tanky as your panthers, it's because panthers have god-tier quirks for armor. They're probably one of the only chassis that has enough quirks to make the survival tree worth using in full. RVN and ACH don't have much in the way of structure/armor quirks, if at all.

However, that being said, RVN has the best frontal profile for hill peeking, if that's your thing. Its side profile might be really wide, but its front is exceptionally narrow.

#8 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 06 June 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's also a 1-slot one, meaning that you can't really fit anything too big on it. ERLL at most, or maybe MPL. Nothing really useful goes in there...

I find that the side torso hard points are still high as well as the arms. It's probably my favorite laservomit light right now with 800m+ C.LPLs.

#9 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:56 AM

Panthers are quite tanky indeed.
The WLF-2 is tanky as all hell as well, it also has higher hardpoints than the panther, not all in arm. Not cockpit level, but worth taking a look at.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users