W Is The Best Way To Win.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

Ever catch yourself holding that s key when the enemy pushes in? Believe it or not, you can tank more damage by holding the w key. The direction you are traveling determines where the enemy will be able to hit your mech. If you move left, your enemies weapons will hit your right side. If you move right etc. You will also be able to escape incoming fire more effectively if you keep running with only your side facing the enemy mech. The idea here is to control where the damage lands to maximize your mechs survival time and to get you out of dangerous situations. So remember. Hold the W key.

Edited by Ragnahawk, 11 June 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#2 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

I've said it thousands of times a stationary target is easier to hit .....

Never ever stop moving ...

That move forward and back **** is amuture, if you over extend keep moving turn and roll the damage off

The person behind u should then take,some and cover your retreat

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:03 PM

That is, in fact, the overarcing theme to my playstyle, and why I joined the unit I did.

~Leone.

#4 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

While I find there is a time and place for most methods, I would certainly agree that most folks are far too cautious and do not use the 'w' key enough.
(imo, the forward, fire, back up to allow cooldowns, shift position, forward, fire again, is quite valid in the right circumstances)

I find myself saddened and baffled when I see my team huddled behind some cover, even though nobody is taking fire (or would be even if they were exposed). In other words, people hide, staying put, even when there is absolutely no reason to do so.
Except in domination when you are the first one(s) in the circle waiting for backup, there is just no reason for that foolishness.

River city is classic for this, folks cluster on either side of the G6 building even when the enemy hasn't engaged. Sigh.

#5 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

If you have a coordinated unit that will go with you then I think your advice is great. The problem I find is in pugs you hold the W key and walk out into enemy fire looking like a real jiggletard because you are strolling solo... into a focus group.

In pugs a lot of people complain about nascars but at least then everyone is moving together as a group in one direction.

#6 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

But what if players dont have a W on their WiiMote?

#7 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostGibson Ibanez, on 19 July 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

If you have a coordinated unit that will go with you then I think your advice is great. The problem I find is in pugs you hold the W key and walk out into enemy fire looking like a real jiggletard because you are strolling solo... into a focus group.

In pugs a lot of people complain about nascars but at least then everyone is moving together as a group in one direction.

THIS...as far as PUG matches I was given a bit of advice that has held very true "...first in is first to die." That being said though, hiding behind cover without any advance or sitting at maximum range plinking the whole match is just as useless. I drive a LCT-1V and found that it forces me to learn how to close (without yoloing of course) to effective ranges and the value of hit and fade tactics. When i have a decent coordinated team I can be pretty effective...without one I'm usually scrap in a hot minute.

Edited by AJBennet, 20 July 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#8 DonGardenio

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

I'm not going to move forward if it results in me getting shot in the face by the 3-4 other guys behind that guy who is currently shooting me. Take my arm, I'm backpedaling back off this ridge and it is a small price to pay.

Everything when it comes down to it, is situational. Sometimes it's better to push past and circle around some cover and try to get a better followup engagement. Sometimes you should just backpedal cause you know you're going to fall out of sight in a moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users