1 reply to this topic

#1 skopskietendonner

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

Morning all fellow warrior's. I have a "thing" that is bothering me a lot. LRM's. I think (and this is an opinion) that they are waaayyyy to powerful. I would suggest that they be nerved a lot. I play MWO for the brawling and every so often sniping... So even when the AMS is @ full overload you are really at a disadvantage when 2 or 3 lurm boats latch unto a warrior doing the brawling thing. Is it possible to make them a bit less of a back part pain????

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

View Postskopskietendonner, on 11 June 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Morning all fellow warrior's. I have a "thing" that is bothering me a lot. LRM's. I think (and this is an opinion) that they are waaayyyy to powerful. I would suggest that they be nerved a lot. I play MWO for the brawling and every so often sniping... So even when the AMS is @ full overload you are really at a disadvantage when 2 or 3 lurm boats latch unto a warrior doing the brawling thing. Is it possible to make them a bit less of a back part pain????

First thing you need to undestand is that LRM's are actually really weak. They are the only weapon system that has several hard counters in the game.

Good piloting
Good positioning
AMS
ECM
Radar Deprivation
Minimum range

Another thing to keep inmind is that LRM's need to have large salvo sizes to be able to do damage, see the below image for the missile spread:

Posted Image

That means that at most you will see 5 damage to one location, that's a medium laser doing a full burn to one location.

For an LRM/20 (IS or Clan) to do 15 damage to one location you are looking at 30t of equipment (15 for Clan) to do what a 15t Gauss Rifle (12t for Clan) can do, not counting ammo.

Now back to my point about hard counters, LRM's are one of two weapon systems that depend on your target being stupid and unaware of their situation, unlike SSRM's (the other weapon that is dependent on your target being stupid), LRM's have a long and slow flight time, meaning that if your target has two brain cells to rub together they can get to hard of ablative cover to either negate or mitigate the incoming damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users