7 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

In the news there has been, or at least it seemed like, the latest deadly toy. The Fidget Spinner. Well, I've seen them in action, but I could not figure out what makes them so deadly. So I purchased one. It's black with chrome plated weight and looks like it could have been used in some martial arts movie. Well constructed with the chrome plated weights set into the body. So these things do what. Explode sending sharp parts everywhere, pop apart and could be swallowed. So far, the one I got seems solid enough without any sign of detonation or popping apart. In my opinion, at least by the measure of the one I got, I'm not going to get on the band wagon to see these items banned.

I can see how on the other hand that they could be distracting, and hence not welcome in a classroom. Hey teacher, how about banning calculators so kids can learn how to add and subtract on their own. Yeah....old school. While your at it, visit your state congress and make sure that your lawmakers know how to balance a check book.

But as for the Fidget Spinner, I can see how this can relieve stress. It's subtle, but effective, just a calming sensation coursing through your fingers induced by centrifugal force. So I have to admit, that I like the darn thing. So far it has helped my keep from wanting to kill the computer while waiting to get into a match here on MWO. I should have had one when PGI had that big long wait to get into the first major faction warfare engagement.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

if I could only get back the time I wasted looking this stuff up

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

I'm sorry that you spent your time looking this up, while waiting for a match. Trolling comes in all kinds of forms. Don't you agree Davegt27.....Posted Image

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 12 June 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

In the news there has been, or at least it seemed like, the latest deadly toy. The Fidget Spinner. Well, I've seen them in action, but I could not figure out what makes them so deadly. So I purchased one. It's black with chrome plated weight and looks like it could have been used in some martial arts movie. Well constructed with the chrome plated weights set into the body. So these things do what. Explode sending sharp parts everywhere, pop apart and could be swallowed. So far, the one I got seems solid enough without any sign of detonation or popping apart. In my opinion, at least by the measure of the one I got, I'm not going to get on the band wagon to see these items banned.

I can see how on the other hand that they could be distracting, and hence not welcome in a classroom. Hey teacher, how about banning calculators so kids can learn how to add and subtract on their own. Yeah....old school. While your at it, visit your state congress and make sure that your lawmakers know how to balance a check book.

But as for the Fidget Spinner, I can see how this can relieve stress. It's subtle, but effective, just a calming sensation coursing through your fingers induced by centrifugal force. So I have to admit, that I like the darn thing. So far it has helped my keep from wanting to kill the computer while waiting to get into a match here on MWO. I should have had one when PGI had that big long wait to get into the first major faction warfare engagement.

Take Fidget spinner. Throw at somebody.

There's your potentially deadly weapon.

Of course this is true of heavier baby rattles and baby "TV remote" toys. Take something with just enough weight, throw it hard enough at a soft target like a kid's skull and bam, deadly weapon.

Most likely some kid threw one at another kid and the news got something 'juicy'.

Coincidentally: "Softballs" are just as or more deadly. Where's the news coverage on that?

You can kill someone with an Xbox One controller. Not seeing any coverage there.

#5 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

I have read of the fact that some poorly manufactured ones have had the ball bearings pop out and get swallowed. Dunno how true that is.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

how in the world did the thing get in the kids mouth?

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Likely were sucking on one of the ends and ballbearing came out of its socket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users