Increase Academy Visibility

3 replies to this topic

#1 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

Just a really small suggestion: now that the skill tab is gone from the top bar in the mainwindow, how about moving 'testing grounds' right next to the mechlab tab and the 'academy' right next to that?

So the new top bar would be :
[home][shop][mechlab][testing grounds][academy][faction play][quick play]

That would probably make more new players aware of the academy, would create a more natural button grouping from "select/buy mechs" over "modify mechs", "test mechs" up to "play a match" and would help unclutter the 'home' tab.

The testing grounds map/mode selection dialog displaying as a normal tab in the ui
and being able to take your currently selected mech to the academy would be icing on the cake.

#2 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

I support this, good idea!

#3 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Just had a look at global archievement statistics for MW:O on steam.

At the moment, only ~48% of players have the archievement you get for completing the tutorial. That's slightly less than half.

To increase the visibility of the academy, I'd like to suggest at least giving the mech academy and testing grounds buttons a green background like the comp play/faction play/quick play buttons - they are game modes after all.

#4 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

I fully support all of the above.

I'd also suggest including a round of tutorials for hearing AND speaking with the AI tutor - far, far, far too many new players are playing without a headset and without using voice comms and they are a complete liability to their team mates. When your average tier 5 quick play has only 1 or 2 people actually using voice comms, then it's not a pleasant experience for the whole team when they get stomped due to lack of co-ordination.

A simple "Comms tutorial series" where the instructor uses examples of how to give commands and target calling, with a REQUIREMENT that the trainee SPEAKS an acknowledgement into the microphone (and the academy software uses voice detection to "sense" the order has been received) would go a long way to ensuring players have the hardware for a team based game, as well as reducing the reticense to communicate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users