Classic Mech Commander 2

2 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

So i installed the game of my disks, and could not get it to run. I searched tried all the tricks and nothing.

the thing is my system is EXACTLY the same system i had used the last time i played it. My only change is an upgrade to win 10.

Am i going to have to just get my old 2k system running to play these old BT games cause i'm getting tired of trying to get all the old ones to work with zero success. MC 1 & 2 both run on win 7 with the same chip/ram/board/CPU, but the win 10 upgrade has seemed to have run me into a wall.

I can run the launcher and install, but won't start. Best i can get is a blackscreen for a few secs then nothing. I even tired manually resetting the screensize, Force 640, admin, deleted bad vid file, added nojoystick..

Anyone have a clue what else to try, or is this just a loss cause?

#2 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

You better don't waste your time on win10 anymore since its compatibility modes sucks.
Better install a good VM and run older games wich refuses to run on win10 inside the VM.

Saves alot of time and won't make somebody (me) getting aggressive ;)

Or have a so called "Retro PC" like i do. For all the nice MSDOS, Win9x/XP games wich refuses
to run properly on every emulated stuff, i love it since it's just like the maschine i had
back in the days, just a little stronger :)

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

Make sure you do the video card trick with the 'bad card's doc...

Other than that, you just have to keep trying to get it to start, it's got a 70/30 work rate on my win 10 laptop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users