So, I Bought A Timberwolf-Prime.

4 replies to this topic

#1 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

I'm a Tier 5 potato. I've been playing since last November, rolling the stuff I used to roll in tabletop, I play a few matches a day sober, and a few where I yell WOO HOO when I get a kill.

I have to say, if you're a new guy, strap a TBR-Prime onto your pilot seat and you will have a hoot. I can't believe I was so dumb no to buy one of these right off the hop.

#2 wizwoz

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLincoln

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

I'm a Tier 5 potato as well (although agonisingly close to being a tier 4 cabbage) and I love the Timby tried lots of different builds and met poor results, the Timby allows you to swiss army knife almost every playing style until you settle on something that works. Love it.

What you carrying?

#3 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

I've been having fun mixing it up, but right now it's a stock prime, 2 Lrm20+A, 2MGs and 3xMPL. OK, now cue the "Hybrid builds suck!" chanting.... I have hardly run the thing, but it is just fast, powerful and fun.

#4 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Excellent that the Timbie works out for you, Aurelius, but be very aware of the quite big sidetorsi it has as they get focused very easily .

keep rollin´ !

#5 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:39 AM

TBR was my main mech for around 1,5 years (950k experience on all variants).
Since the skill tree patch betas, I have bought around 15-20 other mechs and got some comparative material.
4x SRM6 + 4 MPLas + 2 JJ worked wonders on TBR-C... Now it is rather average and quite sluggish, while still retaining high focus priority. So overall it is getting a bit meh. Recently my Clan dropdeck started using Orion IIC with armour quirks and LBX20 + 4SRM6 instead of TBR-C. The upcoming CSmPL nerf will eliminate Timby from the Brawler role.

All things considered - EBJ and LBK are better choices leaving you with free 10 tons, but do not have JJ options. At 75 tons, both NTG and ON-IIC outperform TBR in 70-80% of situations, same goes for IS MADs and WHRs. On the other hand, I would not say that BL-KNT or TDR are better than TBR.

TBR is still an excellent platform for a 4x15 LRM suppression mech with space for 35-40 full salvos of ammo, but it is a bit niche role atm.

Please keep in mind that 70-80% of my playtime is in group play and solo play experience on lower tiers may differ a bit, but keep in mind that you will eventually get better and come to similar conclussions.

Enjoy your mech and do try another ones to get a broader comparison, cheers ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users