Need Some Advice On Scouting Drop Deck

2 replies to this topic

#1 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

Just completed the scouting challenge, had some fun but also some horrible experiences and even one game where someone brought LRM (and ofc. we lost that one).

I'm currently running a GRF-2N w/4x A-SRM6 which does ok, but I'd like to switch to something with lasers for a while. I heard the HBK-SP is good for scouting, how do you build that one?

What other chassis/variants/builds are considered 'meta' in scouting?

Clams seem to have it much easier: just bring a Nova or Hunchback-IIC and spam small lasers (and C-SRM/C-MGs).

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:48 AM

There are a couple of hunchbacks that are popular, the SP is one partly because not all of its weapons are loaded in the hunch. Take a srd engine 2xSrm6 and 2-4 medium/mpl to taste.

Also there is the 9 spl hunchie (no ghost heat on IS spl)

#3 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

The latest patch has the 4SP losing 37% potential cool down for it's SRMs, only 12 of which you can get back with significant investment on the weapons skill tree. It can still soak quite a bit of damage, but a heavily reinforced coffin is still just a coffin. Clan firepower advantage easily overcomes it's only bonus (structure quirks), but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Grey Ghost, 15 June 2017 - 05:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users