#1 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

Patch Notes on Comp Mode: read here

Information I think is missing:
  • Map selection - are all maps in the rotation, and then only five presented for map ban?
  • Comp Mode game build - is the build frozen with June, or does the buld get patched every month like the live game?
  • Cbill mechs - like above, if a mech becomes available for cbills within a season is it now eligible?
  • Do you earn Cbills? If not, do consumables cost? Or is it like Private Matches

Notes:
Champion Mechs are just pre-built versions of existing mechs. They should be allowed in Comp Mode

Edited by Tamerlin, 18 June 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#2 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Asked most of those things in the official patch notes thread, of course we wont get them answered for at least another day if ever.

The build wont be frozen, just my opinion but its in the same game they cant freeze it while everything else gets patched.

"Assign Primary or Alternate roles
• All Teams must have at least 7 Primary Role members, and 4 Alternate Role members. The Captain is always considered a Primary."

You HAVE to HAVE 3 subs in your team list b4 you can be an active team and queue???? LoL!!

Why is it conquest only and not a each team bans one of 3 or one of 5 modes system ?

Edited by Cadoazreal, 18 June 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 18 June 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Asked most of those things in the official patch notes thread, of course we wont get them answered for at least another day if ever.

The build wont be frozen, just my opinion but its in the same game they cant freeze it while everything else gets patched.

"Assign Primary or Alternate roles
• All Teams must have at least 7 Primary Role members, and 4 Alternate Role members. The Captain is always considered a Primary."

You HAVE to HAVE 3 subs in your team list b4 you can be an active team and queue???? LoL!!

Why is it conquest only and not a each team bans one of 3 or one of 5 modes system ?

I don't think that's what it's saying. I believe you must have the roster built before the team can be activated. Once that's done, any 8 players from that roster can form up and fight in the queue, as they don't have substitution limitations that I've seen. Not sure why they even bother to define the two groups if that's the case, but whatever.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

I think the greatest concern is how sustainable that queue is gonna be. I feel like we're going to experience most of the same things that plagued the 8-man, then eventually 12-man queue.

1) With map selection, it's probably just 5 randomly picked maps.

2) It'll probably be locked at some point... a date to be determined later.

3) Probably.

4) I'd assume yes, unless PGI really thinks they can get away with not paying people with C-bills. The secondary question is actually about whether you are paid like it's a full team or not (basically, no reduction in gains - since you would normally fight 12v12).

#5 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostTamerlin, on 18 June 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Champion Mechs are just pre-built versions of existing mechs. They should be allowed in Comp Mode

Special, Founder and Champion mechs are all standard versions. The Champion ones gives bonus XP, the other two bonus C-Bills. But they have no stat advantages to the base versions. So I agree, they should be allowed in Comp Mode. Especially since mech packs and the old mastery packs often come with (S) and (C) mechs.

#6 NomadicCanuck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

With respect to the roster; I see there is a feature to remove pilots but are we able to add others later?
For example:
Week 1: Pilots 1-12 are on the roster.
Week 2: Remove pilots 9-12, add pilots 13-16 to replace them.
Week 3: Subtract pilots 13-16, re-add pilots 9-12.

This would allow more of my unit pilots to join in until August 25.

#7 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostNomadicCanuck, on 19 June 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

With respect to the roster; I see there is a feature to remove pilots but are we able to add others later?
For example:
Week 1: Pilots 1-12 are on the roster.
Week 2: Remove pilots 9-12, add pilots 13-16 to replace them.
Week 3: Subtract pilots 13-16, re-add pilots 9-12.

This would allow more of my unit pilots to join in until August 25.

Yes, you can, but from the comp round table talks and Friday's patch notes, you won't be able to drop until you replace those you remove. You must maintain a roster of 12 people in order to drop. 8 Primary (1 captain), 4 Subs.

Also, when you change out people it did sound like your ELO / TSR would reset as well.

#8 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

I hope PGI, Clear up the rules before the event goes live.

#9 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 19 June 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Also, when you change out people it did sound like your ELO / TSR would reset as well.

QB, where did you find this? I thought ELO/TSR was based on the team (or team name), and not the individuals within.

Edit: early games show you do not need 12 on roster to drop.

Edited by Tamerlin, 20 June 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#10 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Comp Mode:

I can only send Team Invites from the "Friends" tab, and not the "Unit" tab. Seems kind of silly.

I can't re-order the team roster?

#11 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 18 June 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Asked most of those things in the official patch notes thread, of course we wont get them answered for at least another day if ever. The build wont be frozen, just my opinion but its in the same game they cant freeze it while everything else gets patched. "Assign Primary or Alternate roles • All Teams must have at least 7 Primary Role members, and 4 Alternate Role members. The Captain is always considered a Primary." You HAVE to HAVE 3 subs in your team list b4 you can be an active team and queue???? LoL!! Why is it conquest only and not a each team bans one of 3 or one of 5 modes system ?

Yeah, my apologies; this was a phrasing problem on my part. I've clarified the text in the notes. Teams must have at least 7 Primaries, and can have no more than 4 Alternates. You don't need a full roster of 12 to drop in Comp; just a group of 8.

#12 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostTamerlin, on 18 June 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Patch Notes on Comp Mode: read here

Information I think is missing:
  • Map selection - are all maps in the rotation, and then only five presented for map ban?
  • Comp Mode game build - is the build frozen with June, or does the buld get patched every month like the live game?
  • Cbill mechs - like above, if a mech becomes available for cbills within a season is it now eligible?
  • Do you earn Cbills? If not, do consumables cost? Or is it like Private Matches
Notes:

• All Conquest maps are in rotation.

• Competitive Play is not exempt from future patches and changes. Qualifying Teams do however switch to the dedicated Tournament Build once the Semi-Finals begin, which is locked from further patches starting from that time.

• 'Mechs will become eligible for use in Comp the day they are released for purchase with C-Bills.

• Competitive Matches do not currently reward C-Bills; in that way they operate similar to Private Matches. Likewise, using a Consumable in a Comp Match does not 'consume' that item from your inventory, and you are not charged for its use.

View PostQueenBlade, on 19 June 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

TSR/Elo do not reset after making Roster changes.

#13 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Alex, So a team could swap out 8 people daily if they wanted to with no neagtive affect ? EG swap out the NA players when its EU prime time, then swap out the EU players when its AP prime time?

Understand only 12 will go though if they make the top 12, but a team can boost themselves up with no harm?

#14 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Correct. Team members can be swapped out, replaced, and reinstated without issue up until August 25th at 6:59 AM UTC. This gives Teams needed flexibility with their Rosters to adapt to any scheduling issues with their members, or any other administrative issues with their Team, during the qualifying phase.

#15 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the response

#16 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

Thankyou for responses sorry for my tone wasn't expecting we would get replies 07

#17 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 18 June 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Especially since mech packs and the old mastery packs often come with (S) and (C) mechs.

The fact these variants aren't valid despite having no difference from the normal c-bill variants means PGI didn't understand the point of the non c-bill available mech ban. Just another way PGI screws over their whales......

#18 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

AVG DMG PER MATCH is actually a sum of all damage from all players on the team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users