#1 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

From Cleyth's POV

https://www.reddit.c...petitive_queue/

There are a couple complaints I have in the 3 games I played right off the bat. There are more Cons than there are Pros so to speak.

Pros- The map ban page was clean, the UI is fine. The global leaderboard and match score was cool to see how people do. Choosing mechs after the map was picked.

Cons- You don't know what team you're on as you go in. You don't get to pick Charlie lance (very important on maps such as HPG). You don't get cbills (There ought to be greater incentives for the layman to playing ranked queue, not decentives; Other games like R6Siege give XP and Credit bonuses to boost the ranked queue population) At the very least don't have us lose cbills for using consumables in ranked, so there is no net progression.

As of right now, no one is in ranked queue, but it it isn't NA Prime Time yet.

Someone send their feedback or this feedback to PGI pls.

#2 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

Seems like a complete ripoff not to get XP and CBills as normal. You don't choose your opponents like in private lobbies so it's not as open to gaming the system. How different is it really to playing on the group queue? Back in the early days I'm sure there was a 12v12 queue.... and IIRC it was XP/CBills as normal. Even that queue suffered from population issues.

#3 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Back in the day it was sync dropping in the normal queue. There was no lobby, no quick play, no faction play (community warfare). And when we didn't sync up we would hurry up who we were playing and try to sync up again.

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

I don't understand the logic behind not offering C-Bills/XP for the competitive queue. Other games don't do this. Overwatch actually gives you its own special currency that you only get in competitive play in addition to the XP that you normally get.

Is it literally just a way to reduce currency that players are getting? Honestly after the skill tree I don't care about C-bills that much, but i have some friends that are competitive gamers that were trying to get into this game that definitely would. I just don't see the reasoning behind... at all.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 June 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#5 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Probably items we should bring up at Friday's round table.

#6 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

You don't get CBills?? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Looks like they need to change the 3 minute clock to a 1 hour clock and play on the hour. If not elo isn't going to work and teams will not play.

As for the other stuff, i couldn't tell you because no one was playing when we tried it.

#8 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Loot bag victories event style... or give the team supply caches.

But for real, I've ran / organized / hosted PvP events just for fun in other games the same way the community league here does and the only real incentive to playing com playing competitively is exactly that. To play in a more competitive/ balanced environment for the stricter challenge / ego bragging points between units. Incentives used to ensure the majority would feel shorted, while others tried to game the system. Of course, MWO works different so rules and regulations may not need to be as tough to say no rewards at all but i do see a few generalized reasons on why not to reward people off on a whim but they're trivial with just a few added measures.

#9 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:11 AM

Its going to need longer times between game starts if they dont advertise it / incentivies it better.

Pgi have said in another thread the consumables dont get "consumed" when used in comp. So no cbills loss.

#10 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

they have a competitive queue?

#11 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

I was thinking we should organize "Comp Nights", as was done during last year's MWOWC.

#12 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 20 June 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Back in the day it was sync dropping in the normal queue. There was no lobby, no quick play, no faction play (community warfare). And when we didn't sync up we would hurry up who we were playing and try to sync up again.

That too but there was definitely a 12v12 queue. I remember it moving from 8v8 to 12v12 and I remember it being quiet out of prime time play hours. I also remember earning CBills in it Posted Image

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

I wrote something about this a month ago, but whatever.
https://mwomercs.com...11#entry5720211

This is an amusing/interesting response:
https://www.reddit.c...mmunitys_hands/

I can't really be bothered to care.

At this point I'd be mostly disinterested and would need bribes (probably in the form of mechpacks or something, I'm not sure I want a mechpack either) and I'm surely too much of a scrub to be added to someone else's roster.

No... I'm just burned out, indifferent, and frankly the skill tree accelerated this decay. CSPL overnerf is icing on the cake.

Good luck trying to form 8-mans even if I had the notion I'd like to be rekt by EmP or others (it's not about getting rekt - it's more like can we get a team to form and like... do something?).

You're going to have a hard time convincing people to play in dedicated 8-mans (even if you had a flexible rotation)...

#14 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

They should remove Grouped QP for this 8v8 mode to encourage it and fw.

#15 R 13

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

Small potatoes, but the inability to use Invasion, Phoenix, standard Champion and other non-hero/non-loyalty (no restricted access) "special" mechs that have no functional differentiation to a standard variant is obnoxious. Surely they can parse this with more granularity....

#16 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 21 June 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

They should remove Grouped QP for this 8v8 mode to encourage it and fw.

No thanks.

On another note - I'm a bit confused by the layout. The leader board only shows EON and EMP on my screen, but clearly a bunch of other teams have played, won and lost. Why aren't the y on the leaderboard as well? I can see the results of their games (Oz, SiG, SJR, CXF for instance) but they don't show on the board.

#17 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 23 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

No thanks.

On another note - I'm a bit confused by the layout. The leader board only shows EON and EMP on my screen, but clearly a bunch of other teams have played, won and lost. Why aren't the y on the leaderboard as well? I can see the results of their games (Oz, SiG, SJR, CXF for instance) but they don't show on the board.

Looks like 10 matches to get on leaderboard

#18 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 23 June 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Looks like 10 matches to get on leaderboard

Ah nice catch, and that would make sense given they probably tie the code somehow to the general LB's.

#19 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

So when exactly do you know which team you have on the map? After map ban but before launch?

#20 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:30 AM

After Map launch sadly. Just like it is in Quick Play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users