Monitor Selection

8 replies to this topic

#1 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hello and pardon the newbie question, but is there a way to specify which monitor Mechwarrior Online plays on?

I have a dual monitor set up and I'd like for the game to play on Monitor 2, but it seems like it defaults to Monitor 1 and I can't seem to find a way to change this.

Thanks for any help you can give!

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostTheFixxer27, on 20 June 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hello and pardon the newbie question, but is there a way to specify which monitor Mechwarrior Online plays on?

I have a dual monitor set up and I'd like for the game to play on Monitor 2, but it seems like it defaults to Monitor 1 and I can't seem to find a way to change this.

Thanks for any help you can give!

I know it is a bit of messing about but set monitor 2 as the primary in Windows settings then show desktop on monitor 1.

I do not know a way to force MWO to use monitor 2, sorry

#3 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

Hi there, I just saw this thread. You can make MWO go Full Screen on Monitor #2 by starting MWO in Windowed Mode, moving the MWO window to Monitor #2, then using 'Alt+Enter' (preferably using the right-side 'Alt' key, given potential issues with MASC's default control while in-game) to order it to switch to Full Screen. I hope that's enough to handle your issue, as I don't know of any way to make it always start and/or login over on Monitor #2... :D

~Mr. D. V. "Bringing useful news..." Devnull

#4 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 June 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

I know it is a bit of messing about but set monitor 2 as the primary in Windows settings then show desktop on monitor 1.

I do not know a way to force MWO to use monitor 2, sorry

I thought about that, but it won't work for me unfortunately (reasons and stuff). I really wish there was a way to just have the game recognize multiple displays.

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 June 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

Hi there, I just saw this thread. You can make MWO go Full Screen on Monitor #2 by starting MWO in Windowed Mode, moving the MWO window to Monitor #2, then using 'Alt+Enter' (preferably using the right-side 'Alt' key, given potential issues with MASC's default control while in-game) to order it to switch to Full Screen. I hope that's enough to handle your issue, as I don't know of any way to make it always start and/or login over on Monitor #2... Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Bringing useful news..." Devnull

I'll have to try that when I get home, it seemed to me that when I logged in on monitor 2 though, the game moved the window back over to monitor 1.

#5 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

So, if I did the alt+enter trick while the windowed screen was on monitor 2 it would go to full screen on monitor 2. But if I undid it, then the game would pop right back over to monitor 1. This is actually kind of frustrating. There should be a settings option to have the game display on a specific monitor.

Is there any kind of dev feedback or suggestion spot in the forums?

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostTheFixxer27, on 22 June 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...re-suggestions/

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostTheFixxer27, on 22 June 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

So, if I did the alt+enter trick while the windowed screen was on monitor 2 it would go to full screen on monitor 2. But if I undid it, then the game would pop right back over to monitor 1. This is actually kind of frustrating. There should be a settings option to have the game display on a specific monitor.

First, need to be in the game.

Make the change in the Game Settings. I changed it from Full Window to Full Screen to Windows mode and back and had it stay in the 2nd window for that session Correction - I tried it again, Window and Full Window Mode it stayed in the 2nd screen but on Full Screen it reverted back to the primary screen. If you keep it in Windowed or Full Window mode it will stay on that 2nd monitor for that session.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 June 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#8 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 22 June 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

it will stay on that 2nd monitor for that session.

See, it's the "for that session" part that is frustrating. There are other games older than this that support dual monitors (where you can pick the monitor you want to have the game play on). There are even games that don't get support anymore that came with that ability. It just seems like something simple that the devs would have added by now.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostTheFixxer27, on 22 June 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

See, it's the "for that session" part that is frustrating. There are other games older than this that support dual monitors (where you can pick the monitor you want to have the game play on). There are even games that don't get support anymore that came with that ability. It just seems like something simple that the devs would have added by now.

Most programs do not have that feature, nor has Windows included said features.

What GPU are you running? If Nvidia, page 97 of its PDF file for nView
http://www.nvidia.co...display-us.html

Launch Settings
Launch settings control the state of the application when it is started. By default, the
setting is Off. The Transparency, Always on top, and Visible on all desktops can have
one of three settings:
 Launch application on desktop lets you specify a desktop on which to always start
the application.
Click the list to specify a desktop where you always want to start the application.
• If you select Active, the application always starts on your currently active desktop.
• If you select Default, the application always starts on the desktop labeled Default.
• If you select Last, the application always starts on the last desktop on which it was
closed. The last desktop is the desktop on which the application was located when
it was closed.
• If you select a specific named desktop, the application always starts on that desktop
and you are automatically switched to that desktop.
 Force window to stay on display on which they open — To force your application
windows to always stay on this particular display, first select a numbered display
from the “Open windows on display” list, and then select this check box

Looking for AMD GPU additional software

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 June 2017 - 03:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users