Give Some Love For Their Urbie

6 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:24 AM

There is a lot of love out there for 'urbies'.
Please make sure you thank PGI for their 'creative license' implementation of the urban mech.
If the 'urbie' was introduced following the Battletech rules and lore, there would be a lot less love.
This mech was designed for close quarters combat with the advantages of heavy armor, a small profile, and it's 360 degree torso.
However, it's durability was offset by a maximum speed of 32kph.
If PGI followed, even some of the rules, 'urbie' would not have such a vocal following.

Here is some info:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/UrbanMech

So sing praises to PGI for their version of the urban mech.

Peace-out

#2 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

Theres like a dozen urbanmech related threads up right now in the first few pages, I think thats enough.

#3 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

**** urbies

#4 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 21 June 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

If PGI followed, even some of the rules, 'urbie' would not have such a vocal following.

Posted Image

I used to pilot a STD 60 engine Urbanmech. It was some of the most fun I've had in this game. So don't claim that the only reason people enjoy the Urbie is because you can give it a larger engine.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

Not Dis-sing the urbie, Resto, just making a point.
The urban mech was designed to be a little pit bull in the city, but had short comings out in the open (according to lore and battletech rules)
PGI in their infinite wisdom, has decided to make it a tough, quick little light with a 360 deg. torso.
How could you not like it?
I watched a traitor in our lance (RussianArmada) I think was his call sign, shooting at one of our own guys (an urbie) with an, AC20 at the end of a FP scouting match ( which we won, by the way) He actually hit, or did a glancing hit a couple of times, but the little guy just kept heading toward the cap point.
Gotta love it.
Peace-all

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

I used to care..
Then global agility nerf with skiltree and now this monstrosity of quirk vomit and the new skiltree makes me want to cry.

I WANT MY OLD URBY THAT I PAYED FOR BACK.

#7 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

If the 'urbie' was introduced following the Battletech rules and lore, there would be a lot less love.
This mech was designed for close quarters combat with the advantages of heavy armor, a small profile, and it's 360 degree torso.

And if PGI would have actually created "A BattleTech Game" like the logo claims all mechs would be viable regardless of speed. Because perfect pinpoint convergence of all your weapons is BS, because having "balanced" (i.e. pokefest) maps and nothing more is BS, and because choosing a mech and a loadout before you choose a map is also BS.

So sing praises to PGI for their version of the urban mech.

No. And its not even theirs to begin with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users