Share The Wealth

1 reply to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

I would like to see an XP credit if a mech waits for teammates to catch up so they can enter a cap point together.(conquest mission)
This way several teammates can get the '1st capture' bonus at the same time.
This would encourage better team play due to cooperation and thinking about your fellow mechwarriors, and help to keep the lance together, which equates to a stronger battlefield presence.

* I realize, the game sometimes forces us to rush ahead and get as much cap - as fast as we can in order to win.
But at the beginning of the match, if your lance/teammates are only a few moments behind you, - Wait till they catch up - - -

The way the bonus could work would be simple:
When the 1st cap bonus is triggered, and there is more than one mech within the cap area, the XP bonus would be multiplied.
For example:
1 mech 1st cap = 30xp
2 mechs same time - 30xp X 33%=40xp per mech
3 mechs same time - 30xp X 49.5% =45xp per mech
4 mechs same time - 30xp X 66%=50xp per mech
(sweet teamwork bonus)

There will be some understandable resistance to this from some 'light' players, or those of us who are out for themselves, but I hope to hear some positive feedback or suggestions from team players.
In the end, if PGI hears others like this idea, we may be sharing the wealth together.

Either way, I'll be doing this at every opportunity, even without the bonus, if it is practical on the battlefield. (will not sacrifice the match just to be polite)

Peace-out

#2 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Did not get any feedback on this.
Am I that wrong in suggesting sharing a bonus as a team benefit?
Please help me understand why this would not work to improve team spirit and cooperation?

Thanks ahead of time to any who wish to share their thoughts (even negative ones) as it helps to better understand the game dynamics.

Peace-All

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users