Goodbye Mechwarriors :(

21 replies to this topic

#1 Gabbatek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

So as a founder, i USED to play this game daily and buy mechs but one day a patch came out that crippled the performance so i stopped playing.

I then upgraded to a 5820k overclocked to 4.2ghz and had 980ti sli, it was just about playable.

Now i've got a 1080ti and the fps is horrific when zoomed, 30fps and below!

dx11, everything on very high, no a.a

gpu usage and cpu usage quite low. Very disappointed. You shouldnt have to change the power plan just to play a game, no other game i've ever played required so many work arounds.

When the single player comes out im praying it uses a different engine and is actually optimised for cpu's with more than 4 cores.

#cry #sad #missyoualready

#2 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

Glad you made this thread.

#3 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

For me it was first patch that didn't lower fps, but maybe I don't know about something yet...

#4 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

More than 4 cores? What game is truly optimized to even use 4 cores? Few even actually use 2 cores.

That said I have to agree that the fps drop for simply zooming (not even advanced zoom) is annoying, and I feel your pain when it comes to upgrading to a nice gaming rig and seeing the same issues you did with a toaster.

Heck I went from a 2 core laptop to an 8 core 4.7 (OC'd to 5.2) and two R9 390s with 32g of ram and while that switch should have been amazeballs.. and it was for most games I play ..this one it was just like meh

#5 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostGabbatek, on 21 June 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

So as a founder, i USED to play this game daily and buy mechs but one day a patch came out that crippled the performance so i stopped playing.

I then upgraded to a 5820k overclocked to 4.2ghz and had 980ti sli, it was just about playable.

gpu usage and cpu usage quite low. Very disappointed. You shouldnt have to change the power plan just to play a game, no other game i've ever played required so many work arounds.

When the single player comes out im praying it uses a different engine and is actually optimised for cpu's with more than 4 cores.

Noticed the fps drop aswell, came with one of the latest patches.
I guess the guy who destroyed our FPS during beta every other patch is back from holidays!

Lowered settings on particles and .... i don´t remember, something else and it´s back to 60fps (mostly).
Still absolute bs when one patch makes your game lose 50% of the fps you´ve had before.

#6 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

LoL, you would just straight up leave a game instead of reducing graphics in any way. That is some dedication to visual purity you have there, respectable I guess but it must be an expensive way to game.

#7 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:56 AM

In fact sounds strange. I use 5 years old graphic card and it's running OK.

Did you try to check your software? Maybe go Dx10 instead of Dx11? Reinstall game/Windows?

#8 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

I am playing on a ASUS ROG laptop with a 980M card with 4MB of Video Ram. I think I have shadows and particle effects reduced a tad but otherwise maxed and I generally get 50-90 fps zoomed or otherwise. If you have a 1080ti and are getting below 30 fps, I would look to your PC as the culprit. Maybe a bad driver or something running in the background

#9 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

Wha?

I play on a laptop and get between 60-110 fps depending on settings. MAybe that is unplayable to you but its fine to me.

If your having problems send support an email asking for setting help and they will hook you up with custom settings to get the most out of your rig.

#10 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 June 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Wha?

I play on a laptop and get between 60-110 fps depending on settings. MAybe that is unplayable to you but its fine to me.

If your having problems send support an email asking for setting help and they will hook you up with custom settings to get the most out of your rig.

Really? I had no idea they would do that.

Actually just noticed as well my cpu temp has climbed higher than it normally sits for the game... PGI what processes did you add to the game?

#11 Komagn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

I am running on an AMD A10-6700 @3.7 GHz with integrated graphics Radeon 8670D I had to lower the resolution some but the games run fine with settings on Medium. I can't imagine your setup being worse than mine.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 21 June 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Really? I had no idea they would do that.

Actually just noticed as well my cpu temp has climbed higher than it normally sits for the game... PGI what processes did you add to the game?

Yep. They did for me and my old toaster.

#13 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

my 7 year old pc plays the game fine at 60 fps on low. guess how well it plays skyrim? Maximum video settings. Same with mgs5ttp. what I find funny is that when my pc took water damage last year the pc repair shop installed a stock gtx 660 since i had very limited budget. So that gtx 660 kicking up those other games to max while mwo is **** is funny.

#14 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

Uh, OP, something is wrong with your computer. I have a 3770k overlocked to 4.2 ghz and a 670 GTX and often get 60 - 80 FPS. My stuff is older than yours.

Do you have antivirus running? Are you downloading 15 pr0n torrents simultaneously? Are you using up all your RAM? Do you only have 2 gigs of RAM? I have 16 and often have 8 of it always used up by something.

#15 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

Hello,

Please try contacting technical@mwomercs.com to report the problem. We can try assisting you in a 1 on 1 discussion on what you're experiencing. (You can link this thread in your email as well for us to refer to if you'd like)

Please also note that posting or making threads as farewells, such as “I quit”, “I’m done”, “I’m leaving”, and any similar variations is against our Code of Conduct under 'Unconstructive Behavior'.

#16 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 21 June 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Hello,

Please try contacting technical@mwomercs.com to report the problem. We can try assisting you in a 1 on 1 discussion on what you're experiencing. (You can link this thread in your email as well for us to refer to if you'd like)

Please also note that posting or making threads as farewells, such as “I quit”, “I’m done”, “I’m leaving”, and any similar variations is against our Code of Conduct under 'Unconstructive Behavior'.

Hey, Tina, did you get the thing I sent?

#17 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

Something is up with your computer. I have a 4790k and 780 Ti and I don't have any issues running the game at 1440p, the only thing i really have to turn down is particles because sometimes when dust gets kicked up by weapons fire it drops my frames to an abysmal level, but steady state is still smooth (>60 FPS).

#18 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

So as a founder...

Another Founder trying to misuse this assumed status to appear more important to listen to. As another founder i find this behaviour arrogant and egotistical.

#19 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

As a founder, I bought into the first "Wanna buy a mech pack?". :'(

Edited by ZacharyJ, 21 June 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#20 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

This game has some optimization issue but those issues hurt AMDs the most except for their Ryzen stuff.

For example I have two CPUs of similar age, an I5-2500k and an FX-4100 bulldozer 4-core which had a higher clock than the i5.

The game ran horrible on the FX-4100 but the I5-2500k kept up with **** for years until I finally upgraded to a 6700k. AMDs have terrible performance per clock and per core.

The game hammers a single core with draw calls and the videocard just sits and waits. (unless you have a fast enough CPU)

Edited by Kin3ticX, 21 June 2017 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users