Gameplay Maps

465 replies to this topic

#1 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Every time I get spawned ***** I report the team as exploiting and quit for the night. Spawn killing is unacceptable. Why has PGI allowed this? Fix the maps or remove them from a multiple waves of drops. Please understand this is non-negotiable. Fix. The. Spawn. Killing.

#2 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

There will always be a choke point, when the new mechs enter the field.
Not much PGI can do about it, apart from buff the Dropships.

Best way to stop it would be to work as a team.

Edited by live1991, 21 June 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#3 Unholy Jackson

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

actually it's pretty easy. You just put walls on the spawns that don't already have them, and then put up a uac10 turret that doesn't jam and has 9999 hp inside. Other games have this.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

View Postgamingogre, on 21 June 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

Every time I get spawned ***** I report the team as exploiting and quit for the night. Spawn killing is unacceptable. Why has PGI allowed this? Fix the maps or remove them from a multiple waves of drops. Please understand this is non-negotiable. Fix. The. Spawn. Killing.

It's not an exploit.

You're false reporting.

Cool story.

#5 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostUnholy Jackson, on 21 June 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

actually it's pretty easy. You just put walls on the spawns that don't already have them, and then put up a uac10 turret that doesn't jam and has 9999 hp inside. Other games have this.

So you just wait till your out of that range and set up there?

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

Don't bring logic into the discussion.

#7 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

I'd be all about them putting up killer turrets with massive health IF you automatically blew up after being in the spawn area for 1 min after drop, and if you did this for 2 lives it results in a 30 min lock and 3 spawns then a 2 hour lock from play. Some folks hide in the spawn and the fastest way to end the match and not waste the other teams time is for them to come in and kill you for hiding.

#8 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

First of all, it was us.

Second of all, after we killed your first wave your team's mechs were sitting on top of the mountain shooting down on us (they were Emerald defense). That makes it more than fair game for us to get up there and stop you.

Third, do you kiss your mother with that mouth that you used to chat harass us?

Best of luck to you next time.

Edited by Lovas, 21 June 2017 - 08:52 PM.

#9 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

Spawn camping was a major concern at the last round table

Jan 28 ROUNDTABLE
https://youtu.be/Zo-NNvo7Ftk

Reddit notes

P.G.I. will address it SOON™

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

First, if you get spawn camped it's because you were too close to your own spawn.

Second, it's absolutely stupid to make a spawn too well defended, people will just hide in it to wait the match out because they're too stupid to fight far enough from their spawn to be able to respawn and get to the action.

Third, get the fly **** out of your spawn and get moving, immediately in every match. Any map. You fight as close to the other teams base as possible, always and every time. If you're not doing that you're an absolute unmitigated idiot and are all but ensuring the other team is going to have to spawn camp you.

Fourth, spawn camping happens because there are respawns. As noted above regardless of what else you do whatever point you exit your spawn from and escape your magic hugbox shield is where the other team will shoot you. What you're really saying is you want an perfectly safe place to go hide when someone is beating you.

That's like saying using AMS is an exploit because people who chain fire LRM 5s can't hurt you. He can bring a better weapon, he can group fire, he can do a lot of things but no, no because he's an idiot about the game the person doing the logical response to his poor choices is exploiting?

It's not about 'git gud'. It's about 'wtf did you expect, you left the other team little choice because you were so terrible'.

#11 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostLeone, on 24 February 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

Classically this is a feature of a spread out defense against a concerted attacker. When your opposition spreads out it gives you little pockets to mop up if your willing to be aggressive, take some fire and cut off a small group. Instead of fighting 12 v 12, you turn it into a 6 v 3 or worse whilest a few of your flankers hold off the opposition. This is why the passive team loses, cuz it allows the opfor to dictate the terms of the engagement in their favour.

You've gotta be aggressive, even on defense. Doesn't necessarily mean you always gotta push out on your enemy, but it does mean you gotta keep positioning for better firing solutions. Just remember that every moment you are hiding waiting for someone to expose themselves to your fire is a moment they can use to focus on an ally instead. You get too many of your team mates doing this, putting their mech an well being before the team, and you'll get focus fired down, one by one, until they're in your base and there's nothing you can do.

CW is more often more team based. Stop thinking like a pilot an think strategy. Most fights aren't won by better piloting and gunnery, but by better positioning an teamwork. Figure out where you need to be to make that work for you.

Just remember, you got four mechs. They are resources for you to burn. Try an protect them, and shelter them from harm an you will miss out on glorious oppourtunities to spend them well. Find that raggedy edge of 'aggressive enough to deal the damage,' without going into, 'too aggressive, an dying alone an unloved,' (Still a work in progress for me.)

~Leone, Former Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand Mercenary Band, now of Kell's Commandos

#12 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:28 AM

.."unacceptable" & "non-negotiable"..

Who are you ... The Queen of England ?!

Every team that messes up a push or simply get body slammed
on any wave is getting spawn camped & farmed after this.

This goes for premade vs. premade teams all the way down
to simple 12 vs 12 pug teams .

It has been that way since the beginning of CW and it is the way the game is ..

What is there to complain or explain about it?

#13 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

Maybe if you stomp your feet and hold your breath too....

#14 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:41 AM

The walls are half the problem, if they were removed the dropships would be able to shoot the spawn campers and nearby spawns would be able to engage immediately. On maps where the spawns are really far apart, like forest colony, a rush to one of them can be a very effective tactic.

There is a balance that needs to be achieved between the ability to hide at spawn vs spawn camping. Right now I think the walls make both worse.

A feature that gives some form of advantage to a weaker (determined by tiers maybe?) or poor performing (losing the match at halfway?) team would make faction play more interesting. Need to set the criteria carefully so that it is hard to exploit.

#15 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:40 AM

That’s easy to fix. Give every Dropzone a few immortal turrets with heavy firepower. Make it so that these turrets shoot every friendly Mech after 1 minute after his drop because of misbehavior before the enemy.

#16 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 22 June 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

That’s easy to fix. Give every Dropzone a few immortal turrets with heavy firepower. Make it so that these turrets shoot every friendly Mech after 1 minute after his drop because of misbehavior before the enemy.

That's actually not a bad idea. Maybe make it so you can wait for all of your lance to have dropped, and then start a timer.

I do agree with the OP, spawn killing is friggin INFURIATING!

#17 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:46 AM

The way the spawns use to be was a huge problem and I can see why people complained about spawn camping at that point however PGI already addressed this problem. The back areas of maps are carved out to the point if you want to hit somebodies spawn you have to go into their drop zone, fight a team under the cover of 3 dropships auto CTing you.

If you are getting beat so badly that not only did they crush your 1st wave and have enough mechs left over that they could rush your spawn before you had enough mechs to push out but also were healthy enough that they could kill your second wave while getting targeted by your dropships, honestly I think them shooting you at spawn is the least of your problems.

Majority of the time in my experience however the reason for pushing into somebodies spawn is a result of one of two reasons.

1) The defenders or attackers are on their last wave and are down mechs, making it easier to just finish off the game by going in and killing them.

2) A team is refusing to move out of their dropzone or the defenders are using it as a defensive position. Resulting in either a free pass to just destroy the objective but I did not wait 20 minutes to get a game just to play shoot the generators resulting in me more likely just going up to your spawn and killing you were you CHOSE to defend from.

#18 Wuldain

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

View PostDarklightCA, on 22 June 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

If you are getting beat so badly that not only did they crush your 1st wave and have enough mechs left over that they could rush your spawn before you had enough mechs to push out but also were healthy enough that they could kill your second wave while getting targeted by your dropships, honestly I think them shooting you at spawn is the least of your problems

This. Right here.

#19 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

Adding further turrets will encourage more camping.

It would be immersion breaking to add. But gate the spawns with barriers/force fields that can be walked through but not fired through.

Remove skirmish so every mode has a win condition in case of spawn hiding

#20 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:00 AM

Spawn killing is all about separating teams and scoring fast perma kills. On certain maps there is no good way of preventing it, as maps are big and drop points could be quite far from each other. PUG teams will almost never back off to save allied mechs from being spawn killed, and dropzone walls will often work in favor of attackers. Worse than that, mechs are often being dropped one by one directly into enemy groups which should never happen. I see one common base like in Incursion mode first attempt to fix it. Could say that dropship shouldn't leave dropzone until enemies disappear from its radar but there's a drop queue and it would completely mess it up. But making dropship hoover for bit longer and getting LRM's to shoot above walls could be interesting attempt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users