Team Damage Delay Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Ok....can you finally do something about the team damage BS like 5 seconds into a round? either you lose leg armor or someone alpha strikes and ***** you.

Put in a 30 second team damage delay or SOMETHING...we should not have to worry that every time the round starts of running like hell away from everything to make sure your own team doesn't damage you immediately.

#2 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

please???

#3 Erebus Alpha

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

This issue is mostly solved. You are not going to die from someone randomly firing one alpha while you walk in front of them, because lights do not spawn next to assaults.

I recently had a teammate accidentally dump his UAC-20 into the back of my supernova, which stripped some armor and did minor structural damage. It did not kill me, or even damage me that badly. And my rear armor is paper-thin.

If you are agile and you have the option to avoid it, just don't stand in front of friendly guns. Nothing but bad things can happen if you do. And if you are not agile enough to avoid it, then you have enough armor and structure to not care about a stray alpha.

Is that stray alpha annoying? Absolutely.

Will it kill you, or ruin the match? Nope, not in the slightest.

#4 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 22 June 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Ok....can you finally do something about the team damage BS like 5 seconds into a round? either you lose leg armor or someone alpha strikes and ***** you.

As Falconer says, don't walk in front of teammates in the beginning of the match. I only started playing last year and I've already learned that lesson. One alternative is to remind your team (before the drop) that test-firing is best done on the testing grounds, not at the beginning of matches. Another alternative is returning the favor. Your teammate shoots you, shoot 'em right back. Doesn't have to be an alpha strike or even crippling, but just a reminder about trigger discipline and IFF process.

#5 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostVidarion, on 06 July 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

As Falconer says, don't walk in front of teammates in the beginning of the match. I only started playing last year and I've already learned that lesson. One alternative is to remind your team (before the drop) that test-firing is best done on the testing grounds, not at the beginning of matches. Another alternative is returning the favor. Your teammate shoots you, shoot 'em right back. Doesn't have to be an alpha strike or even crippling, but just a reminder about trigger discipline and IFF process.

still happens all the time, we shouldn't have to worry about any damage immediately from coming out of the drop ship. It happens almost every round, be it someone shooting 5 seconds in or ramming into you etc. I don't call that fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users