Fe/cw The Most One Sided Game I Have Ever Seen. Either Fix It Or Block It.

61 replies to this topic

#1 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

And I have been playing PC titles since 1990

OK so, I spent all week dedicated to the community warfare. Must have played like 30 matches? perhaps?

Out of those I only saw IS win one match somehow by timing out the other team on the map objectives.

In every other match clan team plows thu the other to the spawn point where they get killed off one at a time as fast as they drop from the ship.

For the first matches I was convinced I was doing something wrong, but the pattern became apparent too often. The first round is a full total loss without response. Then its spawn rush.

So this is about 12-0 on every match by first round end. By the time the match ends it usually sits at 5:1 or higher to clan advantage.

Three things I noticed:

1-there is no significant tactical difference between defenders and attackers. So this is a direct clan VS IS tech on equal terms (satellite radar or ECM does not change things too much)

2- where are the mercs?

3- when defending on home ground why do we need vulnerable spawn points? cant we have mech hangars. Games over by the time they get destroyed or mechs run out.

Some people mentioned there is a skewed tonnage balance torwards IS going on? It's not working.
IS side has less interesting or survivable chassis options in the assault class. Most of people choose just the battlemaster. Or they dont at all. So while the clan has weight restrictions I can see more of the assaults on clan side than IS ones.

So my suggestion is to let mercs driving either IS or clan and participate on IS side, and/or just block off CW altogether until PGI figures that they need to push more interesting IS chassis. Like the marauder 2. Something that doesn't present clan side a full torso that they core in seconds (hence 12-0 on first round every time).
In addition to this, maps must present different tactical disposition of teams with perhaps changes to the numbers of players per side or the speed of respawn depending if attacking or defending, or when surprise is achieved or advance notice was given.

Edited by Pilotasso, 22 June 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#2 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostPilotasso, on 22 June 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

OK so, I spent all week dedicated to the community warfare. Must have played like 30 matches? perhaps?

Out of those I only saw IS win one match somehow by timing out the other team on the map objectives.

In every other match clan team plows thu the other to the spawn point where they get killed off one at a time as fast as they drop from the ship.

For the first matches I was convinced I was doing something wrong, but the pattern became apparent too often. The first round is a full total loss without response. Then its spawn rush.

So this is about 12-0 on every match by first round end. By the time the match ends it usually sits at 5:1 or higher to clan advantage.

Two things I noticed:

1-there is no significant tactical difference between defenders and attackers. So this is a direct clan VS IS tech on equal terms (satellite radar or ECM does not change things too much)

2- where are the mercs?

Some people mentioned there is a skewed tonnage balance torwards IS going on? It's not working.
IS side has less interesting or survivable chassis options in the assault class. Most of people choose just the battlemaster. Or they dont at all. So while the clan has weight restrictions I can see more of the assaults on clan side than IS ones.
So....every match you are in the IS loses the first wave 12-0

So my suggestion is to let mercs driving either IS or clan and participate on IS side, and/or just block off CW altogether until PGI figures that they need to push more interesting IS chassis. Like the marauder 2. Something that doesn't present clan side a full torso that they core in seconds (hence 12-0 on first round every time).
In addition to this, maps must present different tactical disposition of teams with perhaps changes to the numbers of players per side or the speed of respawn depending if attacking or defending, or when surprise is achieved or advance notice was given.

If you are personally taking part in that many matches where the IS loses its first wave 12-0 every single time (or close to it...allowing for hyperbole)... the only logical question I have is:

How many Team-kills in that first wave are you responsible for?

Because if you are continually involved in those kind of matches, I would suspect you of working for the Clans somehow....you have to be sabotaging your team for this to be close to the truth.

#3 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

you know man, i dont think youve given it enough time to fully undertand the tiny intracacies, of which there are many. come by the frr/kurita ts in the afternoons/evenings american timezones and well help fill you in on a lot of things. look for the rasalhague special ops regiment channels, and see if you can get in a group fw drop. i think youll notice differences from the other drops youve been in, well answer any questions you have, and well give you some of the builds that have been working well with us.

this offer goes out to everyone btw, come by and play if your inner sphere.

#4 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

notice how its never because they are playing solo with a mishmash of random people doing all the wrong things

#5 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 22 June 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

notice how its never because they are playing solo with a mishmash of random people doing all the wrong things

JESUS NOT THIS AGAIN. Yes OP, clan mechs are slightly better, and some of the clan mechs are the best in the game. That is why the most competitive players tend to play clan mechs in comp matches and the "I want to win" teams are mostly playing on the clan side.
IT IS NOT, HOWEVER, THE REASON YOU ARE GETTING SMOKED! You get smoked because you have poor players, with crappy builds derping around the field doing the stupidest things at the stupidest times. FW is NOT quick play, bring your non-optimized Quick Play mechs to FW with your "Every man for themselves" Quick Play attitude and you will face a 0-48 loss. If you are not bringing 4 meta-mech builds to FW with a meta attitude, expect to get your a$$ handed to you. Would scouting be easier if 13 SMPL novas weren't there? Yes. Would Invasion be easier without pop-tarting Gauss-ppc? Yes. Easier doesn't mean derps will win.

Get a grip, a 10% power difference isn't responsible for 90% of your losses.

Edited by nehebkau, 22 June 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#6 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

I know it's been said other places, but good mechs and teamwork will win most games unless the other team is doing it better. Been playing IS now since the patch and out of 130+ matches as IS I have a total of 4 losses while IS. Both sides have advantages to the tech, but the main difference is almost ALWAYS going to be teamwork. Please listen to Naterist and jump on the TS servers and join up with a team or jump on Comstar servers and there are several teams there that don't mind when solo's jump in with them.

Edited by Leggin Ho, 22 June 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#7 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Pilotasso.... more like Potatasso.... Posted Image

#8 Eirik Eriksson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn the deep forests of Småland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Well, Mr DANKnuggz, I wonder when you will discover that you may be the only patata in this thread (apart from myself of course).

If someone really, really, really - needs to go solo in FW you need to just stop looking at wins and losses. Only concetrate on your own games and your own performance. I have done it once back in the old invasion mode, and I can guarantee that you need an iron mind and stomage to pull it of. I remember starting off at a 500 dmg target and 2 kills when playing pugs against teams and the last target I had was 1400 dmg and 4-6 kills. After that I could easily build up a clan account mastering all mechs through FW. But it will take a heck of a lot of games to get to that level if you are playing solo. Unfortunately, I then got tired of the winning stomps back in early phase 3 and really not played any FW since then.

Would for sure recommend you Pilotasso to go with a team to learn the ropes and decent decks for FW. The learning curve will be much smoother. Dont do it the hard way, but if you have the stomage for it, you will come out of it as a decent FW player anyhow.

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

I Offer Advice and 'Wisdom'

Check out the vids in the second thread. Clan vs Inner Sphere, two decent units, one ranged, one brawl. A few mistakes here an there, but in general, both sides showcasing how to take advantage of their unique differences.`

~Leone.

#10 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

What do your drop decks consist of? What was your average damage/match?

- How many LRM tubes are you bringing to Seige maps or maps like River City/Frozen City?

How many of those ~30 matches were players actively using voice communication on your team?

- If someone were calling out ideas or instructions, were you supportive, silent, or did you ignore them?

How many players did you see doing ~500 damage from 4 mechs that just kept dropping the same mechs on every map?

---
Are you actually interested in this conversation or are you just complaining?
---

#11 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostLeone, on 22 June 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

I Offer Advice and 'Wisdom'

Check out the vids in the second thread. Clan vs Inner Sphere, two decent units, one ranged, one brawl. A few mistakes here an there, but in general, both sides showcasing how to take advantage of their unique differences.`

~Leone.

Thats some of the worst clan piloting I have ever seen. Each one doing its own thing spread over the map.

View Postr4zen, on 23 June 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

What do your drop decks consist of? What was your average damage/match?

- How many LRM tubes are you bringing to Seige maps or maps like River City/Frozen City?

How many of those ~30 matches were players actively using voice communication on your team?

- If someone were calling out ideas or instructions, were you supportive, silent, or did you ignore them?

How many players did you see doing ~500 damage from 4 mechs that just kept dropping the same mechs on every map?

---
Are you actually interested in this conversation or are you just complaining?
---

Currently taking Crab 27S, warhammer or battlemater (high mounted gauss/laser respectively), griffin 2N LRM build, and a Marauder with 4xLL

#12 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

Boring ...

#13 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostPilotasso, on 23 June 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Thats some of the worst clan piloting I have ever seen. Each one doing its own thing spread over the map.

Currently taking Crab 27S, warhammer or battlemater (high mounted gauss/laser respectively), griffin 2N LRM build, and a Marauder with 4xLL

Gauss recycle is too slow but the battlemaster is a good mech when used correctly, LRM's are a waste of time in FP unless you like using your team as armor, better off with a direct fire mech and that Marauder build is too hot.

Please jump on Com Star Team Speak and drop with some of the team there and get a better drop deck, the mechs and teamwork will change your mind about FP.

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

As has already been mentioned teamwork is key.

That applies for both quick play and faction play, but in faction play you are much more likely to come up against a real team.
if the other team mostly has the same unit tag and your team is all random tags or untaged solo players then unfortunately it will be rather hard for you to win, but not impossible. what needs to happen to win in that situation is for the team to all work together, someone needs to take command and the team needs to work with the commander, or nominate someone else who is willing to lead.
A disorgonised pick up group of t1 players will get steamrolled by an orgonised team of t3 players

If your team works well together and the enemy does not the superior teamwork/coordination will usualy overcome the better players regardless of Mechs.

Also when you enter faction play there is a popup, I sugest reading it, basicly it is a disclamer saying something to the effect of faction play is hard mode.
The reasons faction play is so much tougher than solo or group queue are as follows;
You will come up against people with the best Mechs.
There is no disadvantage to bringing 12 players (do that in group queue and they only get upto 50 tons per player where as a 2 player group gets upto 100 tons each)
You have a far better chance of coming up against a large team who could have been working together in faction play for 2.5 years
There is no skill based match making (mostly because faction play has too few players)

There is nothing to stop you playing faction play but bear in mind Quick Play is designed to be as fair as possible, Faction Play is designed as end game content and it warns you of that before you enter the mode. It rewards better play and better equipment, but above all else (much like quick play) it rewards teamwork

#15 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Well, two additional things I'd comment on

1) You may see more assaults on the clan side, because they have better lights than IS. They can better afford to go, for example, Assault Assault Medium Light. IS has a harder time with this, because we have worse light mechs. For us, it's usually a better strategy to do something like Assault Heavy Medium Medium or even Heavy Heavy Heavy Heavy. This way, IS can avoid at the end having to use our inferior light mechs against superior clan light mechs.

2) Yes, IS has a tonnage advantage at present. This has led some clan teams to try and get around it by usually multiple assaults in their decks. They hope to make sure the game ends before they have to use their light mechs at all.

3) If you're having trouble with lost side torsos...don't take XL engines. Sometimes the weight benefit isn't actually worth it. I'd at least try out using a standard engine for a few games and see if that doesn't overall increase your performance.

#16 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

Do you take this on all maps/modes?

Have you noticed personal performance differences on HPG vs say, Polar?

#17 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:34 AM

You had me at "LRM Griffin" you sweet tasty potato you! Why you talk such sweet love in mah ears??

BLR's never use Gauss. The mount is too low. Either run the BLR-2C with 5 LPLs or the BLR-1S with 4 ERLL. Griffin 2N is a SRM brawl monster but you need a team to make that work. Warhammer 6D with LPL + ML is a solid mech. Better choices are there to be taken instead of the Marauder with 4x-LL

Basically in solo play I manage to split my win/loss ratio but it isn't all that easy as most clan mechs out of the box are still quite a bit better than IS, for great IS mechs you need knowledge.

#18 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

You didn't lose the fight on the battlefield, you'd already lost it in the mech lab.

#19 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

that must be it, if i had chosen better mechs then I would have taken 48 mechs on my own and my team didnt had to do a thing.

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

Three things I noticed:

2- where are the mercs?

3- when defending on home ground why do we need vulnerable spawn points? cant we have mech hangars. Games over by the time they get destroyed or mechs run out.

video or it didn't happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users