Hunchback Build

18 replies to this topic

#1 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

So I've always been partial to Hunchbacks so it was the first mech I bought in the game.

I'm looking for ways to improve it a bit from the standard mech. Do you all think this is a decent build for the game?

<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=3c75be749b461028dfa0b838d7df7da8b74bc633">HBK-4G</a>

Thanks for any help or tips!

#2 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Lets see if this is clickable...

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7df7da8b74bc633[/smurfy]

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

To tweak your build I'd suggest something like this HBK-4G instead. Almost all mech builds need double heatsinks, and you want to go with a 225 engine over a 220 because of the extra internal heatsink in the 225.

When Light Fusion engines make their appearance you should be able to drop the standard 225 and external heatsink for a Light Fusion 250 engine.

#4 Mechammer555

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'll just leave this here for your perusal... https://www.mechspec...r=thread_rating
You can go to the different chassis pages on mechspecs and click the "thread rating" header to see the top voted builds for that particular chassis. Good Luck Mech Warrior!

#5 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

HBK-4G
HBK-4G

These two are the best ways to run it without skimping on the medium lasers. You'll need the bonus ammo skill points for the second one. You can shift some armor off the arms towards the head or legs if you like.

Edited by Roughneck45, 22 June 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#6 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Thank you all for the suggestions! You guys all rock!!

#7 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

you really might wanna wait till next month and the new tech.. an LFE 250, 3 ML's, Ac20,+ 2 heavy machine guns is going to be nasty!

that engine is going to be costly, so might as well save that 1.5m for now, and save for the LFE :)

*unless of course you have an STD 250 laying around.

Edited by JC Daxion, 22 June 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#8 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 22 June 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

you really might wanna wait till next month and the new tech.. an LFE 250, 3 ML's, Ac20,+ 2 heavy machine guns is going to be nasty!

that engine is going to be costly, so might as well save that 1.5m for now, and save for the LFE Posted Image

*unless of course you have an STD 250 laying around.

Unfortunately you cannot fit all that. LFE and AC20 means the right torso has no more slots left for machine guns.

#9 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 22 June 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

HBK-4G
HBK-4G

These two are the best ways to run it without skimping on the medium lasers. You'll need the bonus ammo skill points for the second one. You can shift some armor off the arms towards the head or legs if you like.

Trim the arms on the second build and you can get another ton of AC20 ammo in. Arm loss is not very critical to the 4G anyways.

Hunchie 4G

#10 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostPaquIS, on 22 June 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Unfortunately you cannot fit all that. LFE and AC20 means the right torso has no more slots left for machine guns.

You can upgun to an Ultra AC20 though!

Posted Image

#11 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 22 June 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

You can upgun to an Ultra AC20 though!

Sure but is it really worth it as I believe the UAC20 will fire multiple shots like the cUAC20? And it can jam so with the quirks 4G has I think the regular AC20 will be better overall since you can also use the LFE.

Edited by PaquIS, 23 June 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#12 Rothgar57

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

the uac20 on the 4g is the way to go. my damage has increases by 30%. bring coolshots. it seems the jam chance is much less frequent than clan uac20.

#13 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

I tried playing around with MRMs on the 4SP but couldn't find anything I really liked. Anyone have any ideas?

#14 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostRaso, on 31 July 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

I tried playing around with MRMs on the 4SP but couldn't find anything I really liked. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't gotten around to trying out my HBK-4SP with new tech, but using Smurfy's my first thoughts are either MRM10s and ERMLs or MRM10s and MLs.

For the ERMLs build you poke out of cover from ~350m away, deliver your damage, and retreat when you get hot. The MLs build isn't as hot for more staying power (and even cooler if you swap the targeting computer for another heatsink) - it relies on just the MRM10s for distance damage and the MLs for good pinpoint damage when enemy mechs start getting into brawling distance. The LFE275 engine keeps you nice and mobile to get around the battlefield without getting caught out.

Edited by Ruccus, 31 July 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#15 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

I'd reconsider the UAC20, it's not bad for spitting out pure dps unless you get bad luck and jam but you're missing out on 10% AC20 cooldown from quirks and an extra ton worth of whatever you want. Not to mention the damage spread, 20 on a single point is easier to aim with a mech like the Hunchie and its friendlier towards torso twisting for protection.

I'd consider something like this:

HBK - AC20

You can drop the LAMS for a 260LFE and +0.5 tons of ammo, or a UAC20 and +0,5 tons of ammo if you want the extra burst. Light ferro is also an option for an extra half ton without space issues.

Ammo bonuses from the weapon skilltree does this mech good.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 01 August 2017 - 10:03 AM.

#16 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostRuccus, on 31 July 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I haven't gotten around to trying out my HBK-4SP with new tech, but using Smurfy's my first thoughts are either MRM10s and ERMLs or MRM10s and MLs.

For the ERMLs build you poke out of cover from ~350m away, deliver your damage, and retreat when you get hot. The MLs build isn't as hot for more staying power (and even cooler if you swap the targeting computer for another heatsink) - it relies on just the MRM10s for distance damage and the MLs for good pinpoint damage when enemy mechs start getting into brawling distance. The LFE275 engine keeps you nice and mobile to get around the battlefield without getting caught out.

That's about what I've been coming up with. IDK if it's gonna be 20 points of MRM damage I may as well mount an AC 20 (or UAC) on another variant and deal all that damage to the same location. In my mind, MRM20s are the smallest I would go on an MRM launcher (otherwise an SRM6 has better damage and the loss of range isn't that major of a deal to me).

I came up with this. It's boring but it is what it is. (I was hoping someone had something more creative).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2d0ffbcd87bb2c4

My only real experience with MRMs, thus far, has been in my slow as sin, MRM80 Jagermech with 4 tons of ammo so I think this is enough ammo.

I do like the MRMs. I think the heat is about right and the damage is nice to boot. What's better is I feel they are fun AF to fire.

#17 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostRaso, on 01 August 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

That's about what I've been coming up with. IDK if it's gonna be 20 points of MRM damage I may as well mount an AC 20 (or UAC) on another variant and deal all that damage to the same location. In my mind, MRM20s are the smallest I would go on an MRM launcher (otherwise an SRM6 has better damage and the loss of range isn't that major of a deal to me).

I think you're undercutting the importance of the MRM's range advantage over SRMs. If you intend to get inside 300m and stay on the front line then absolutely, go with SRM6s and MLs and run a 275 engine to get within brawling range as quickly as possible. If you want to play the HBK-4SP as a second line mech then pairing MRM10s and ERMLs does a good job of delivering damage from the 300 to 400m range where SRMs and MLs would either be out of range or suffering a range penalty.

Doing a little theory-crafting with the restriction of 'You must use MRM20s on the 4SP' I whipped up this build which I think would be intimidating to meet up close in a dark alley. Also, with the MRM10s and 20s having the same cooldown and spread, fans of asynchronous loadouts could run something like this build.

Finally, if you like MRMs you'll love this build. I originally dumped the dual MRM30s in there as a troll build, but the more I looked at the stats the more viable it became. Impressive (albeit not pinpoint) alpha strike, good sustained damage, adequate cooling, adequate amount of ammunition. I don't have a problem running only torso weaponry (I do it all the time in my Javelins and some of my Bushwackers) and by shaving tonnage from the arms it allows for the big torso weapons. It's a touch on the slow side, but it's over 70kph so you should still be able to wingman for an assault or slow heavy.

The MRM80 Hunchback however is a definite troll build.

#18 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

I know Lurm is a 4 letter word, but..........

HBK-4J

Posted Image

#19 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

I run a HBK-4P(C) that carries 15DBL HS backed with quad LL. With the quirks and cooldown perks you can chainfire a nonstop stream of laser vomit.

Edited by Aldodrem, 27 August 2017 - 04:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users