#1 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Free Worlds League Military and MWO,

I am deeply saddened to report the loss of one of our veteran members of the 13th Oriente Hussars, 'Blackhymn,' who succumbed today after a tough battle with cancer. Blackhymn was an outstanding battlemech pilot who loved the game and had been playing non-stop since Beta.

Moreover, he was an outstanding young man with a wonderful future ahead of him and a military veteran who had served his country honorably in the 1990s, and who was currently supporting his fiance and infant as an IT professional in his state government. He was also a true friend and full of good humor, even when the rest of us were grumpy and cranky about things that happened in-game that we have all experienced now and then.

Blackhymn suddenly went silent a few weeks ago after Tukayyid 3 and we thought that he was just taking a much-needed and well-deserved break from the game. So the terrible news tonight came as a tremendous shock to all of us.

The world is a bit darker and clearly a lesser place tonight with his passing, and we will all surely miss his presence on the battlefields of MWO.

Rest in Peace Blackhymn! We will never forget you!

Colonel Joshua McEvedy,
13th Oriente Hussars

#2 CrazyCuban

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Tough news, indeed.

My condolences to his fiance` and child, family, friends, and all that knew him.

May he rest in peace.

Edited by CrazyCuban, 30 July 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#3 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

He was a really good dude. Always positive, joking around and making any drop a good time.

#4 -Teiwaz-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 202 posts
  • Location43°27'N / 80°30'W

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

My condolences to family and friends.

*Bows head in a moment of silence for a fallen MechWarrior*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users