June / Summer Event Feedback

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:01 AM

I love the calendar of challenges and general structure of the event. Well done, PGI.

That said, I noticed a few things that bothered me a little:
  • A couple of days there were no challenges starting (June 9, June 12 - 14, June 21, June 27).
    • The stretch in Week 2 is understandable because the challenges in that week were really long so it made sense to only be running those and nothing else.
    • But the days in Week 1, Week 3, and Week 4 really could've had challenges starting without much issue or interfering with the other challenges that were active at the time.
  • Some of the challenges were more dependent on the behavior of other players than on your own performance.
    • Example 1: UAV Destruction challenge - This relied on being in games where UAVs actually get deployed. I'll admit, my play during Week 2 was far below even my typical potato play because I was focusing on knocking UAVs down but even then I wasn't able to complete the 30 UAV part. Came close, but there were stretches of games where there were NO UAVs used.
    • Example 2: Faction Play Match Score challenge - This relied on being able to get Faction Play matches. It was a 4-day challenge so you would think that getting FP matches wouldn't be a problem, but (at least for me) 'real-life' interfered and I wasn't able to play every day of the challenge. On the final day of the challenge, I spent 20+ minutes searching for and being locked in lobbies for matches that took 5 - 7 minutes to complete. In the end, I would've completed the challenge with 1 or 2 more matches that would easily have fit had games been more frequent.
Other than those minor things (and yes, they are minor), I have to hand it to you folks at PGI for making a fun and engaging summer event.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

I'll agree,it's a good event. My only gripe is with the Grand Prize as it forces you to play week 4 and there will be some who for whatever reason are unable to play that week. IMO opinion it should be changed to "Achieve any five Challenges during a single week" that way everyone has a fair chance.

#3 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

Yeah. I think the 'grand prize' should involve more over the course of the whole event and not just a single week's worth of challenges, but overall the structure of the event is very cool.

The 'Oh Canada' reference for that particular week is likely because Canada Day is July 1st, thus fitting it into that last week.

But yeah, some graduated 'overall event achievement' would've been cool too, either X challenges per week, or X challenges overall (or both).

There were a total of 28 different "non-daily" challenges (not counting the Oh Canada one and counting the UAV destruction as a single challenge, not 4). So I could see a set of rewards for "complete 1, 2, 3, 4 challenges per week" as well as "complete 18,21,24,all challenges overall".

#4 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

How about not slapping an update in at prime European play time on a limited event episode?!

#5 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostMummyPig, on 28 June 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

How about not slapping an update in at prime European play time on a limited event episode?!

Yeah, I can totally get behind not putting ultra-short challenges on patch days...that definitely sucks.

#6 MARCVS CENTVRION GALLVS

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVRBE ET ORBE

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

there is one thing i hate about this event: there is a number of event thingies that only last one day. and most of them happen on PATCHDAY. or have SERVER MAINTAINANCE.
i just finished work, have 3 hours or so to finish 2 challenges and the servers are.... offline.

WTFFF.

#7 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

I would also add for future thought: Would it be possible to make it so that when you completed one you could move on to the next one right away? That way not as many people would be in the same weight class for the event resulting in longer wait times? Just a thought I had. I know one day Medium's were at like 67%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users