#1 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

So during the event. My goal was to focus on the one hero mech that I brought and see how I would go with the event score board. To my surprise I was doing well in it. Getting good 800 damage games, 3 kills a few kill assist. It wasn't until I got the build set up right that the damage started to come in. Its fully elited now and I don't think I can change the skills or the fitting to make it any better.

The Mjolnir Grasshopper was a very solid buy in my opinion. Just a shame I couldn't get the single ballistic to work for me. I ran max engine 340, 4 jumpjets, 2 large Pulse and 4 medium Pulse. The 2 large Pulse are in the high slots so I use them the most when im hill humping. All in all a nice dps mech, with solid alpha for an Is mech. Tanky great hitboxs like all the Grasshopers and it makes some nice money.
So in the end guess I'm happy that alot of people didn't buy this mech so I could do well. Not bad for a noob if I do say so myself. \o/

#2 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:26 PM

I got 6 on the Kortanu Kitten, and I realised the 9R does it better because it can drop one arm's armor and has a bigger boost to the other. But it looks cool, so, hey.

Congrats on doing well!

#3 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, congrats!

I wish I was good enough to make the leader boards.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

congrats..

It is my first time making leader boards myself.. I got 18th on the Partisan! I ran 6ML's + ac10 and an STD320 with 8 doubles. I now have proof i have finally improved! Posted Image

But like you, i really enjoyed my BK. It is a pretty solid mech. It's only going to get better with a UAC10, and an LFE, possibly i will swap to ERML's or maybe a few anyway, don't wanna run to hot.

I do have one Q for you, How many matches did you play? For me i got to my spot with around 20. I did play a bunch today though for a couple hours, but MM was not with me and i couldn't get a win to save my life. So i stayed where i was as of last night. Over all though i am happy with how i did. Besides Free mechbay! Woot woot!

Congrats man

Edited by JC Daxion, 27 June 2017 - 05:19 PM.

#5 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

congrats

#6 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

I think I played 40 or so games until I got my grove going and then ran out of time.

#7 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

40 games? I cant even play 1 game without rage quitting

#8 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

Played about 60 games between the Knockout and MAL-1R. Placed 2nd on the Knockout and 3rd on the Mauler.

Quad LBX was way easier to carry with vs. various combinations on the Knockout, but I think it was more because of the light event than anything.

Edited by Aggravated Assault Mech, 27 June 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#9 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Congrats. I forgot the leaderboard event ended today so I slipped from somewhere in the teens to 28. Oh well, no mechbay for me.

#10 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Made the leaderboards myself for the first time. Again in the Black Knight - Partisan.
Played around with the build for a little bit and will do so again, as soon as new tech arrives.
No Mechbay, but didn't have a huge amount of time to play, so only 20 or so matches over the last few days.

#11 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostJman5, on 27 June 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Congrats. I forgot the leaderboard event ended today so I slipped from somewhere in the teens to 28. Oh well, no mechbay for me.

:(

View Postpakman61, on 27 June 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Made the leaderboards myself for the first time. Again in the Black Knight - Partisan.
Played around with the build for a little bit and will do so again, as soon as new tech arrives.
No Mechbay, but didn't have a huge amount of time to play, so only 20 or so matches over the last few days.

what build did you run?

#12 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

I like to brag now and then also so I approve of this topic. :)

#13 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Highest I got was #3 on Ghillie before finishing at #11.
If I had not even made the boards day 1, I would have stopped.
First Mech I ever Skill Treed and first time on boards.
That may say something about purchases of Resistance Heroes overall.

#14 Akaraut

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Overall a good event, congrats to all who made leaderboard positions. I like how you could either focus on a mech and try for a high ranking or play a few different mechs and see how they go and still get rewards.

I decided to focus on the Ghillie and ended up 4th, had some pretty great games getting there too. The people above me must have had some amazing 1000+ damage games, only managed one or two of those myself with the builds i was trying; plenty of 700+ damage games though.

Speaking of builds, doing an event like this really makes you think about just how you can tweak a mech to get the most out of it. I started off with a max engine x3 erLL build, found it to be too hot. Switched to x3 LL, the small heat gain didn't make up for the lost optimal range. Changed the weapons to x2 LPL and x2 ML, fine at first but ended up with heat issues. Only to finally go back to x3erLL, but with a lower engine and more heatsinks.

#15 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 27 June 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

what build did you run?

finished with a ac/20 and 6 mediums. ran 4 med pulse and ac/20 for a couple of matches.
Ran 2 large lasers, 2 med lasers and ac/20 for most of these, but ended up being a little too hot.

#16 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

View PostJman5, on 27 June 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Same thing, slipped from 15-17 down to 31 over the course of a couple days on the Black Knight.

But that's OK, I really just wanted the warhorn.

#17 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

Can someone take a screen shot of the new grasshopper in the training grounds with a laser in every mount and post it here please

#18 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 27 June 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Highest I got was #3 on Ghillie before finishing at #11.
If I had not even made the boards day 1, I would have stopped.
First Mech I ever Skill Treed and first time on boards.
That may say something about purchases of Resistance Heroes overall.

getting to TOP 25 on any of the leaderboards was not very hard i bought and equiped Panther 10K just few hours before end of event and still got 22th place with last match of leaderboard event. Did the same deal with Wolfhound 2 day before.

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

Grats. I'd give about 6 months before the Mjolnir quirks are nerfed.

#20 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostJurosik, on 28 June 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

getting to TOP 25 on any of the leaderboards was not very hard i bought and equiped Panther 10K just few hours before end of event and still got 22th place with last match of leaderboard event. Did the same deal with Wolfhound 2 day before.

Yeah, a number of the leaderboards make me not that proud of being on it.
There is one or more serious issues these leaderboards bring out that are not being discussed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users