Rarely Seen Mechs With The New Civil War Builds

13 replies to this topic

#1 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Would be nice to see what type of builds people have come up with. As the title says Iam specifically looking for mechs that are considered mediocre at best nowadays. You know the ones you dont very often see anyone bring to the battlefield.

A bad/mediocre variant of otherwise good mech is also accepted here. Just to see if the Civil War could breathe some life into them.

I'll start off with few ones I have come up with:

Archer-5W
3xMRM10, 4xSRM6+A, LFE 295
81,5 alpha that will heat the mech up to around 60% or so. But the idea is to use the MRM's mainly outside of the SRM's range (I hope the spread gets reduced a bit on them) and then fire SRM's at closer range. Or both if you have heat to spare and just need to make a quick shot.
https://www.dropbox....r%205W.jpg?dl=0

Cyclops 10Z
UAC20, 6xMedium Lasers, RL10, RL15 and LFE 375
The UAC20 adds quite nice amount of damage to the old build (as long as it dont jam ofc) and the recent heat reduction for medium lasers makes this mech run at reasonable heat efficiency. The two rocket launchers are there to be used at little later stage of the game just when you need that nice big splat to finish someone off.
https://www.dropbox....%2010Z.jpg?dl=0

Cyclops 11A
UAC20, 2xMRM20, MRM10, LFE 350
Now this build is going to be bad against any faster moving mech, but should be quite decent against the rest. With a double tap you can get 90 points of damage delivered quickly without going crazy hot. Once again Iam hoping for a spread reduction to happen on MRM's to really make this one a solid build, but at least its something worth trying.
https://www.dropbox....%2011A.jpg?dl=0

Jagermech DD
2xRAC5, 4xHMG, LFE 280
Is it better than the good old triple UAC5 build? Propably not, but this one could be pretty fun build.
https://www.dropbox....r%20DD.jpg?dl=0

Griffin 2N
4xSRM4+A, ECM, LFE 285, Stealth Armor
I feel this variant of otherwise good chassis fits to this list since it really doesn't get the structure quirks or missile hardpoint placement like the 3M does. Also to make the ECM usefull you need to invest quite a lot of skill points.

Anyways the idea behind this was just to get some mech with the stealth armor. But you have to give up Endo-Steel just to make this one fit so SRM6A is out of the question.
https://www.dropbox....n%202N.jpg?dl=0

Problem is Iam not quite sure where the stealth armor would actually be usefull. The heat keeps building up just when you walk and jumping makes it raise even faster. So if anyone has any good ideas about in which scenarios it would be helpfull or another chassis where it could work better, Iam all ears. Posted Image

Edited by PaquIS, 29 June 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

I upgraded my TDR-5SS Thunderwub into a thunder and lightning wub by putting in an L315, 5 MPL in the torsos and 2 LPPC in the arm was great fun and rather sucessfull

my VPR-M currently is armed with 6 ERSL and 4 MG, I tweaked the build for 6 MiPL and 4 HMG, it seemed to go from a great fun (and moderately sucessfull, especialy late game or against lone slow Mech) build to something capable of outbrawling brawler Medium Mechs while legged (although I cannot rule out being up against less competant than usual pilots).

as for "underperforming" Mechs,
I found the MLX to be great fun, with 4 HML, it seemed almost overpowered

the RAC5 made the Mauler very fun (A Mech I had been unable to find a bulid I liked for) 2 RAC5, 2 MRM20 and 4 ERML, I think with an L300 engine ,was great fun if a bit hot, but burst damage with just the RACs allows you to fire 60 shells (30 from each) before jaming or overheating, 60*5=300 damage, in what felt like a lot less than 10 seconds, the downside is that build requires a lot of face time.

I will report back again after trying some more of my underperforming Mechs with the new tech, but the only things I have tried and felt was worthless were the ATMs, the 180m minimum range (meaning there is only the 90m from 180-270 where you can fire for full damage) and the inprecision due to the lock on mechanic means I would much rather take ether cSRMs for up close or cLRMs for 200-500m

#3 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 29 June 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

the RAC5 made the Mauler very fun (A Mech I had been unable to find a bulid I liked for) 2 RAC5, 2 MRM20 and 4 ERML, I think with an L300 engine ,was great fun if a bit hot, but burst damage with just the RACs allows you to fire 60 shells (30 from each) before jaming or overheating, 60*5=300 damage, in what felt like a lot less than 10 seconds, the downside is that build requires a lot of face time.

Actually its not 5 damage per shell. RAC5 does 1,2 damage per shell so 60*1,2=72 damage..
Yeah I thought it was stronger too until I saw the stats on another thread.

RAC2 is only pitifull 0,5 damage per shell. Both of them fire 8 rounds per second.

#4 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

I recall re-fitting my old quad AC5 Cataphract 4X with quad RAC2. Haven't used it yet, just built it on the PTR to see if it was possible. With all the bonus survivability I can pump into it with the skill tree, this looks like it could be a tough little nugget

#5 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

Here's a few I tried during the PTS that did really well:

Hunchback 4H:
UAC10
5 ML
LFE250

Orion 1K:
AC20
4 ML
MRM 20
MRM 10
LFE300

Orion 1M:
LBX 10
3 ML
MRM 30
MRM 20
XL300

Orion 1VA:
UAC 20
4 SRM4
2 ML
LFE300

#6 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

Lets add one more to the list:

Marauder 5D
5xML, 2xMRM30, LFE300, 1xJJ
Might need to remove heatsink/shave off some armor/lower engine to get one more ton of ammo, but other than that this could be a solid build.
https://www.dropbox.....46.18.jpg?dl=0

Edited by PaquIS, 12 July 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#7 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Pretty excited to fit my VTR-9S with a UAC20 and LFE.

#8 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

MAD-3R: 2xsnubs, 2xML, 1xUAC10
MAD-3D: 2xsnubs, 2xML, 2xSRM4 + arti
MAD-BH: 2xLPL, 5x erML
ON1-v: 2xML, UAC10, MRM40
CTF-IM: 2xUAC10, 3xML

All LFE iirc

Most my builds are retrofits with upgraded hardware.

#9 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Warhammer WHM-7S

I'm want a Warhammer with PPC arms and by putting snub-nosed PPC's there along with a LFE it should be the start of a good brawler. Not sure what the rest will look like, SRMs, SSRMs, or MRMs? Maybe some cooler ER, Pulse, or regular small lasers along with RL's? A lot will depend on how it manages heat!

#10 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

I think my VND-1X is getting a full rework - if that doesn't help, I don't know if anything will!

#11 R E S P E K

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 13 July 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Pretty excited to fit my VTR-9S with a UAC20 and LFE.

:::shhhh::: ;)

View Poststealthraccoon, on 16 July 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I think my VND-1X is getting a full rework - if that doesn't help, I don't know if anything will!

You cannot fix a low engine cap and horrible hardpoints with new tech

#12 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostR E S P E K, on 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

You cannot fix a low engine cap and horrible hardpoints with new tech

I'm still putting 4 RAC2s and a maxed out XL (a whopping 255 rating) on a Cataphract -4X :D

#13 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

Kintaro Golden Boy -- XL280, 13 DHS, BAP, 3xSSRM4, 2xSRM2, 3xMPL, AMS. The SSRM4's are for the first time making 'mech feel comfortable to me. MPL's and SRM2's follow the arm reticule, and with 12xSSRM in the torso I don't need to use the torso reticule.

Spoiler

JM6-DD: LFE-265, 12 DHS, 2xRAC5, 4xLMG, 2xERSL, AMS. This is a "fun build", but seems to work quite nicely in pug queue. The trick here is that the 4xLMG+2xERSL give a pretty good boost to the RAC5's already nice DPS when you work within 300-400 m. Can survive a side torso loss.

Spoiler

Edited by jss78, 19 July 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#14 Silas7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 130 posts
  • Location'Mechbay

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 19 July 2017 - 04:23 AM, said:

I'm still putting 4 RAC2s and a maxed out XL (a whopping 255 rating) on a Cataphract -4X Posted Image

Don't, I've tried running a 4x with 4 Ac5's and XL and I never could get damage on target with those low hardpoints without exposing too much and losing a ST. You want to do the same with weapon systems that require even more facetime, it won't end well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users