57 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

https://ibb.co/eVBHJQ

come on guys you can do better.. next time don't go full potato and rush in. but ill try to carry you guys harder next time, ill work on it.

Edit: Bad link

Edited by Grus, 30 June 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:34 AM

That's it?

#3 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:08 AM

ARC7 putting somone else down.... isn't that the pug calling the butt smelly....

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:24 AM

Looks like CGB just can't let Clan Wolf have all the forum drama "fun" this week.....

#5 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 30 June 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

Looks like CGB just can't let Clan Wolf have all the forum drama "fun" this week.....

Should not fun be always shared?

#6 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

So in summary:

-ARC7 unit member drives a KDK-3 and has a nice round in losing effort in the group queue.
-He calls out MAZR for being potatoes (at least in this match) on the forums
-However...he fails to mention that the other 2 ARC7 unit members dropping with him both did sub-200 dmg....worse than all the MAZR guys he called out

That about sum it up?

So, serious question for the Mercs and IS guys who read the forums and fight FW against these guys....in an ARC7 vs MAZR match up..who wins?

#7 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 30 June 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

So in summary:

-ARC7 unit member drives a KDK-3 and has a nice round in losing effort in the group queue.
-He calls out MAZR for being potatoes (at least in this match) on the forums
-However...he fails to mention that the other 2 ARC7 unit members dropping with him both did sub-200 dmg....worse than all the MAZR guys he called out

That about sum it up?

So, serious question for the Mercs and IS guys who read the forums and fight FW against these guys....in an ARC7 vs MAZR match up..who wins?
to sum it up we have beat HHoD, 228, and EVIL before... So the key here is they arnt as good as they say they are. Everyone has the same notion as the NY Yankees, "the reason they win so much is because of their stripes."

#8 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Positioning, communication And teamwork win the day. Mazr did do any of these and died, gloriously, but died. My position was perfect for support and area deniability. With me on the hill with quad gauss it was preventing a large push to one side. Why they didn't take advantage of this I don't know. Instead they just got mud stomped and with 4 "very good" dead the rest of us "decent" players had to try and pick up the slack.

View PostNaglinator, on 30 June 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

ARC7 putting somone else down.... isn't that the pug calling the butt smelly....
didn't the wolf's take a vacation during Turk3?

#9 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostGrus, on 30 June 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Positioning, communication And teamwork win the day. Mazr did do any of these and died, gloriously, but died. My position was perfect for support and area deniability. With me on the hill with quad gauss it was preventing a large push to one side. Why they didn't take advantage of this I don't know. Instead they just got mud stomped and with 4 "very good" dead the rest of us "decent" players had to try and pick up the slack.

didn't the wolf's take a vacation during Turk3?

Who cares what the other wolves did? And how often they play? Just referring to ARC7s immense skill as a unit....

Edited by Naglinator, 30 June 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#10 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 30 June 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Who cares what the other wolves did? And how often they play? Just referring to ARC7s immense skill as a unit....
throwing stones in a glass house there wolf isn't a good idea.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 June 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

That's it?
hey I did say I'll try to do more damage to carry Mazr better next time, cut me some slack.

#11 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm just impressed someone in ARC7 owns a direct fire mech. Was that purchase a mistake and you meant to grab an LRM Spirit Bear?

And I'm ready to wager your victories against 228, EVIL, and HHoD were on nights they were

a) drunk
b.) screwing around
c) playing with trainees in the HHoD case
d) some of the above
e) all of the above

Edited by Big Tin Man, 30 June 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#12 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 30 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

I'm just impressed someone in ARC7 owns a direct fire mech. Was that purchase a mistake and you meant to grab an LRM Spirit Bear?

And I'm ready to wager your victories against 228, EVIL, and HHoD were on nights they were

a) drunk
b.) screwing around
d) some of the above
e) all of the above
I bought the kdl3 for dakka build but never really liked it. We had a gauss training night and I took this out as a joke... after getting a few head shots and consistent CT hits I was told by my betters to keep that build.. So I did.

As for a) we have a 3 drink minimum before drops... So yeah ;)

But arnt the c) supposed to be better than the norm anyways?

#13 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 30 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

a) drunk
b.) screwing around
d) some of the above
e) all of the above

Given there impressive W/L ratio, they must beat them all the time...

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 30 June 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Given there impressive W/L ratio, they must beat them all the time...
sigh you're Wolf.. their stats are nothing to bark about.. ;)

Don't get me wrong Tin Man. I love the fights with HHoD, and I get all goosebumps when I see EVIL as red. So fun times am around

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

If it's an inch or a mile, it's still a win.

#16 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostGrus, on 30 June 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I bought the kdl3 for dakka build but never really liked it. We had a gauss training night and I took this out as a joke... after getting a few head shots and consistent CT hits I was told by my betters to keep that build.. So I did.

Quoted for preservation of LOLZ.

View PostGrus, on 30 June 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

As for a) we have a 3 drink minimum before drops... So yeah Posted Image

I said DRUNK. This isn't amateur hour.

#17 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostGrus, on 30 June 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

to sum it up we have beat HHoD, 228, and EVIL before... So the key here is they arnt as good as they say they are. Everyone has the same notion as the NY Yankees, "the reason they win so much is because of their stripes."

I'm sensing a little more unit rivalry here beyond just what happened in that match...

Actually, I wasn't insinuating you guys would lose to MAZR. I think it would be an interesting match-up actually....but I only see you guys when I am pugging alone or in a small group.....so, my perspective is limited and am unsure who would win....if you ever do a 12 v 12 private match with them that could be an interesting match to watch if streamed.

Wait...MAZR thinks they are the Yankees of MWO?

#18 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 30 June 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'm sensing a little more unit rivalry here beyond just what happened in that match...

Actually, I wasn't insinuating you guys would lose to MAZR. I think it would be an interesting match-up actually....but I only see you guys when I am pugging alone or in a small group.....so, my perspective is limited and am unsure who would win....if you ever do a 12 v 12 private match with them that could be an interesting match to watch if streamed.

Wait...MAZR thinks they are the Yankees of MWO?

ahh so I missinturpited that completely, my apologies.

Yeah, there has been some mud slinging in the past, let alone that match. "1v1 me bro" was thrown out a time or two. Was entertaing to hear. But to the Yankees; from my perspective and history playing with/aganced them yes. After this match in question I think it's a bit inflated.

#19 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 30 June 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Quoted for preservation of LOLZ.

I said DRUNK. This isn't amateur hour.
laughed a bit too loud at that one. But yeah the dakka build I just couldn't get right. Can't tell you why but it just didn't work for me. Threw in the 4gauss and I'm pulling 1k or just below games, and so far have been watching my win rate and kill rate jump significantly in the KDK- 3.

#20 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

I guess he was serious when he mouthbreathed "oh, we had MAZR on our team, how did we lose?...I'm taking a screenshot so I can post it to the forums..." after the match ended.

I took a long time to decide whether or not to respond to this, since it all seems so cringey, but hell, I'm a petty b*****d so why not?

We were derping around group queue last night since we couldn't get a faction drop to save our lives. I'm the Grasshopper, by the way.

Majority of the group pushed the G line (we're in the side facing the citadel). Public comms were pretty quiet, we had no interest in calling. Standard stuff. Lo and behold, the G line push gets overwhelmed and smashed. Crazy, right?

In spectator mode, and who do we find but OP in his quad goose KDK sitting 1000m away from the rest of the group in the upper city, with another guy in his unit pepsigoosing with him.

View PostGrus, on 30 June 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Look, I'm all for using pugs as armor in drops, but come on. You can't use everyone as armor while you throw gauss into the building in front of you and then complain that you didn't get carried. You weren't "preventing a push from the other side", you were farming gauss damage for the event. And that's okay. What's not okay is whining like a little b***h on the forums about it. Or mouthbreathing sarcastic BS into in-game VOIP when you inevitably lose.

Also, what brought this on? Please tell me which member of MAZR hurt your feelings so we can squash it. No one in our unit should be talking any kind of s**t, except for me, and I'd never seen you in my life before last night (and didn't say a word to you until you ran your c**kholster).

And finally, the obligatory: if you think we're not so good, fine, but come 1v1 me bro and show me how bad I am.

I'd say let's organize an ARC7/MAZR scrim but others in your unit have already told us you don't speak for the unit.

EDIT: To be clear this isn't a MAZR/ARC7 thing. This is between me and Grus. Or maybe Grus vs. MAZR?

Seriously though. Tell me who, besides me, has ever talked to crap to you and we'll put a stop to it. And if you're just one of those people who looks at the top of a leaderboard and gets green with jealousy, then kindly piss off.

Edited by r4zen, 30 June 2017 - 03:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users